Winny, Im putting ebay in here.

I think it is the crappiest, shittiest place on the WWW.

It is full of labotomised pricks who, when you are selling something, ask the most inane pathetic questions, expect you to to go and take yourself in hand through sheer excitement when they make an offer that any normal person would be embarrassed to make and its a site full to the brim of thieves, charlatans and knob jockeys.

As for buying. NEVER go on there as an honest Joe, it will kick you squarely in the knackers.

I, being honest and genuine, clicked a buy it now, for a "Classic" car, which had me going down to London one Saturday morning, to collect something that was not as described. Having shelled out a small fortune to get there, up at 5am etc, etc plus the fact that I, in my mind, had comitted myself to buying it, I bit the bullet and drove it away.

30 hours of welding it later, i had something that didnt quite resemble a collender but realising that i was going to have to spend a f*****g fortune on it, i cut my losses ( big losses) and flogged it, having told the new buyer EXACTLY what they were buying.

Im f*****g angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to put Sod's Law in here.

Yesterday morning we could not find the garage key. Not anywhere. And we don't have a spare. Looked high and low, could not find the bloody thing. And there isn't another access into the garage. My tumble dryer and all the animal paraphernalia is in there, so we did need to get in there. I could have busted the lock I suppose, but it would still have needed replacing if I did, so, eventually, reluctantly, I call my friend who is a locksmith, and got him to come over and change the lock. Only thirty quid, but thirty quid nonetheless. You know the rest of the story. Within 4 nanoseconds of him driving off, found the old f*****g key. Why does that happen? Who invented the law that says whenever you buy a new whatever, the old lost whatever turns up within minutes? Well whoever did invent it, I hope you're happy - you've just stolen thirty quid's worth of toys out of my children's Christmas stocking, you evil, child-hating bastard!

And then to top that off, my car went on the blink yesterday. Just imagine, I might have to WALK to work tomorrow - that's just outrageous.

It is full of labotomised pricks who, when you are selling something, ask the most inane pathetic questions, expect you to to go and take yourself in hand through sheer excitement when they make an offer that any normal person would be embarrassed to make and its a site full to the brim of thieves, charlatans and knob jockeys.

Luckily I was outbid. Some other poor sod has bought a forged item saving my feedback score and my bank balance from taking a bashing.

For the record, I do usually bid and pay with no questions asked. This was a one off where the nerves got to me...

Luckily I was outbid. Some other poor sod has bought a forged item saving my feedback score and my bank balance from taking a bashing.

For the record, I do usually bid and pay with no questions asked. This was a one off where the nerves got to me...

Feedback doesn't matter anyway, sellers can't leave negative for buyers any more, so as a buyer you can twat around as much as you like without fear of a little red dot! I don't bother with Ebay anymore, used to sell a lot, can't be arsed now - you pay more and more in fees, you are forced to use Paypal (thieving f*****g bastards they are) and you get f**ked around by buyers left right and centre. Much less hassle to go down Poundland.

Threads with 101 pages

Threads with 101 pages

I'm sure we can arrange to have another page added as soon as we can :birthday:

Threads with 101 pages

Yes.

We.

Can!!!

Do I owe royalties to President elect Obama, or Bob the Builder?

[Edit - bah, it looks like it doesn't matter how much space a post takes up, it's 15 always posts a page. I could have put this in a new message, but posting right after yourself in an internet forum is ever so gauche.]

Threads with 101 pages

YesWeCan!!!

Do I owe royalties to President elect Obama, or Bob the Builder?

[Edit - bah, it looks like it doesn't matter how much space a post takes up, it's 15 always posts a page. I could have put this in a new message, but posting right after yourself in an internet forum is ever so gauche.]

As far as I can tell, it's only the third thread to reach 100 pages. So, two of the three things deathlisters like best are a decrepit 70s sitcom star and whingeing a hell of a lot.

And football, which looks like being the next to reach the milestone. I wonder who we have to thank for that (almost 21 pages, if you're wondering).

I'd like to put closed room 101 threads into the depths of gloom too.

Where can the likes of Windsor or myself bitch, moan and be generally sarky without such a place?

As a traditionalist could I petition for the re-opening of the original 101 thread? There is no reason to close it as far as I can see. Richard O'Sullivan hasn't been closed has it? Nor should it be. Instead of closing it, it should be pinned.

It pisses me off when mods do this kind of thing. The knee jerk closing of threads in response to a single comment should be chucked in to 101. As should 101b because it sucks.

As a traditionalist could I petition for the re-opening of the original 101 thread? There is no reason to close it as far as I can see. Richard O'Sullivan hasn't been closed has it? Nor should it be. Instead of closing it, it should be pinned.

I agree with Godot. I do not want Room 101 becoming Picture Association. I do not want original threads reproducing themselves. I understand what Welsh was trying to say but it shouldn't have elevated to the death on an orginal.

It pisses me off when mods do this kind of thing. The knee jerk closing of threads in response to a single comment should be chucked in to 101. As should 101b because it sucks.

I second that motion - especially since I'm watching Joel and Victoria Osteen on Larry King and I was going to be snarky about it tonight.

Hallelujah! I'd like to put reopened threads into room lovely. Thanks LG!

Thread reopened. Carry on whingeing :birthday: .

Thanks your ladyness, I love mods really.

My 101 comment was meant to be a joke :-)

I thought it funny that room 101 had reached 101 pages, that's all...

My 101 comment was meant to be a joke :-)

I thought it funny that room 101 had reached 101 pages, that's all...

Computer data is held in binary. In which case, shouldn't the Room 101 thread have finished at page 5? Sad, but true.

I agree with Godot. I do not want Room 101 becoming Picture Association. I do not want original threads reproducing themselves. I understand what Welsh was trying to say but it shouldn't have elevated to the death on an orginal.

I'd put the picture association threads into Room 101. I do not get them at all.

That's not what I wanted to say though. My rant is really minor, but I get so annoyed by calling where I live the Isle of Mann. It's Isle of Man or Mann, not Isle of Mann.

I'd put the picture association threads into Room 101. I do not get them at all.

First, if the picture association was embedded in the Room 101 thread, both strings would be more difficult to follow (given these are both regularly-added-to sites).

Second, if you " do not get them all", is it everyone else's problems..or a little closer to home?

To be fair, it is a bit of a cheek that some of the people who post on the picture association thread have been banging on about post whoring and quality posting for the last couple of years...

First, if the picture association was embedded in the Room 101 thread, both strings would be more difficult to follow (given these are both regularly-added-to sites).

Second, if you " do not get them all", is it everyone else's problems..or a little closer to home?

I didn't say I wanted to put them into the Room 101 thread now did I? What the hell is your problem with me anyway?

Handy, you know when boys pull girls hair and tease them because, really, they like them but are to shy and immature to say so?

Well, perhaps Terminator..................................... :pop:

Handy, you know when boys pull girls hair and tease them because, really, they like them but are to shy and immature to say so?

He must really have the horn for BS then?

He must really have the horn for BS then?

The Horn?! Why Handy, thats language i didnt think, for one moment, was part of your extensive vocabulary.

Im quite shocked and, well, a tad excited, actually..

Keep the filthy language coming!! :)

The VAT "cut" to 15%. At lunch today I picked out some high quality earphones which had "£2" marked right on them, went to the till, handed over £2 and was presented with four deathly dull, brown coins, and a receipt for £1.96. I had just managed to spend up my last coppers on a sandwich, and had only shiny, silver change in my pocket.

Does anyone want four pence?