maryportfuncity

Frosties Kid

HES ALIVE AND WELL.HES MY BROTHER AND I LOVE HIM

And I'll take a wild guess that he's not heavy either. <_<

Hey, that's not very nice! His welfare is my concern if you must know..... :pop:

Ithangyew, you've been a great audience, safe journey home & quiet on the way out, pur-leeze!

And I'll take a wild guess that he's not heavy either. :)

Hey, that's not very nice! His welfare is my concern if you must know..... :birthday:

Ithangyew, you've been a great audience, safe journey home & quiet on the way out, pur-leeze!

Nope. I've slept on it and I still don't understand this response to my, admittedly not very good, Hollies joke.

I think I'm smoking the wrong cigarettes or drinking the wrong tea or something...

Confused, Hampshire.

And I'll take a wild guess that he's not heavy either. :)
Hey, that's not very nice! His welfare is my concern if you must know..... :birthday:

Nope. I've slept on it and I still don't understand this response to my, admittedly not very good, Hollies joke.

I think I'm smoking the wrong cigarettes or drinking the wrong tea or something...

Confused, Hampshire.

Dear Confused,

Re 'his welfare is my concern'; it's another line from the song but I admit I made a mess of trying to incorporate it into a joke. I was trying to say words to the effect of 'don't make jokes about him because I care' whilst shoehorning in the above line.

Shamefaced, Kent.

TLC

Do you really live in Kent?

If so, how's the weather forecast for the next few days. I'm due in that manor next week. Gonna be a train now I can't drive the MPFC Bentley. Is it true that Sheerness is a dump?

Perhaps I shouldn't admit this. I just viewd the link that Tempus Fugit posted and was half way through before I realised it was a spoof. For about two minutes I genuinely thought Frosties had advertised their product to Firestarter.

This is Sheerness.

Best of luck...Sheerness%20Steel.jpg

sheerness%20lastrefuge.jpg

TLC

If so, how's the weather forecast for the next few days. I'm due in that manor next week. Gonna be a train now I can't drive the MPFC Bentley. Is it true that Sheerness is a dump?

TLC

MPFC,

Technically I do, although I suppose London suburbs is more accurate for pinpointing my manor.

As per ATJ's beautiful selection of Sheerness snaps, it's a petrochemical wonderland!

Kent may be the 'Garden of England', but every good garden needs a compost heap. And gardens generally get animals crapping all over it at some point, some from a great height.

Plus, if you're getting the train I'd wear summer gear whatever the weather forecast. All Kent trains are local ones rather than inter-city type stuff, so no air-con. Indeed, the latest ones don't even have those ineffective car dashboard-style air blowers or windows that open more than an inch. I think this is in preparation for a future of mass floods in the Kent area, as they seem to be making the trains airtight and therefore waterproof. ;)

If Sheerness really is the steaming turd it has a reputation for being, there appears to be a town called Blue Town about a mile away; might be worth a look?

May I enquire what brings you down to Sheerness? Business I hope, or you might be out of luck.

I went to Margate once.

Can't really recommend it.

Captain's Mate assures me that Margate is the only place in the UK to officially qualify as a desert; apparently the rainfall during a particular year (somewhere around 1907) was suitably low! I am unable to confirm this assertion as the internet is choc-a-bloc with more recent trivia but a pretty hopeless historical research tool.

Will anyone contest the statement that Margate could be a desert?

Skeptical, formerly of Croydon

I went to Margate once.

Useless fact of the day- I was born in Margate.

Which presumably now gives you even less to recommend about the place. :)

TLC

Aye, it's business. Sheerness looks wonderful, if you're a lover of West Cumbrian style wastelands, just a bit short of windmills.

I'm stopping around Dartford too, so I'll give yers a wave as I pass through. Sounds like your patch cos - as I recall - it's not sure if it's London or Kent or what.

TLC

Aye, it's business. Sheerness looks wonderful, if you're a lover of West Cumbrian style wastelands, just a bit short of windmills.

I'm stopping around Dartford too, so I'll give yers a wave as I pass through. Sounds like your patch cos - as I recall - it's not sure if it's London or Kent or what.

That's pretty much my patch is Dartford, it's the sort of place that's got just enough alcohol on tap so that you never have to remember what you did there, or why you were there. Of course I'm from about 5 miles away in a much 'classier' neighbourhood (Bexleyheath), so if you're getting the train we could conceivably be on the same one, how exciting is that? I'll keep an eye out for orange-faced gurners, and you keep an eye out for a chap with an enormous index finger. It can't fail, although I have to be careful waving as I can take people's entire faces out - never mind eyes - with the big fat digit.

To clarify - Bexleyheath is in the London Borough of Bexley, but Bexley and Bexleyheath are in Kent. We're covered by the Met Police & have London phone no.s, but Kent postcodes. I think most of the edge of London has a similar identity crisis. Life still struggles on despite this crisis, who says us Southerners are soft? Oh yes, everyone else, that's right.

I went to Margate once.

Useless fact of the day- I was born in Margate.

Which presumably now gives you even less to recommend about the place. :lol:

From Crap Towns, published by the Idler:

Margate is the centre of the grey universe. People commit suicide simply for the excitement. The amusement arcades are unamusing, and frequently threatening. People think that tailored clothes mean that you’ve actually bothered to nick Nikes in your size. The list goes on and on.

Maryport escapes mention although Barrow In Furness comes in for a Crap Towns hammering.

Confirmation that he is still alive .

..and yet from that website

Unfortunately, since we don't yet know the name of the young actor who portrayed the "Frosties Kid," and Kellogg's declined to provide us that information, we can't relay any more news about him.

Do they have something to hide?

continues to live in his native South Africa.

He certainly didn't have a South African accent in the Ad.

I smell a conspiracy. <_<

(For those Americans not up on their international cereals, Frosties are the equivalent of what are known in the U.S. as Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, right down to the same cartoon spokestiger.)

This thread makes soooo much more sense to me now. Over here, Frosties either refer to an ice cream desert at Wendy's or a cold stick of flavoured ice.

I have no idea why I think any of you care. My head is cloudy as hell with sickness. <_<

Guest peachy and P.B
Well, MPFC's interest in his welfare meant I have been intrigued enough to Google around.

it seems:

1) The brat is not dead. Apparently, someone of the same name & nearly the same age as the kid actor committed suicide. Cancer? Pah.. as someone else said on the surprisingly high amount of thread time to this ad - "who in their right mind would want to star in a Frostie's advert as their dying wish?"

2) Who is dead is the man in the Elephant insurance adverts, who had an asthma attack a week after filming. F**k knows who this man is, but apparently he's the "blond one" for all those TV ad-dicts on here.

3) as another fellow on a forum noted, the brat sings "I like frosties on my plate". Weirdo. I have cornflakes on a bowl, like anyother sane person. The milk will go everywhere. Silly sod, no wonder everyone hates him.

i totally agree with you. i can hear the sound of frosty's hitting me plate. lmao. who in there right mind would that ANYTHING romotely like that ? and about a bloke in a crate. he wasnt even touched by the fricken thing!! :D if he's dead i'll get my mates mom to find out cos she thinks he's amazing!!! (cute) personaly i go for people like superman. and also i dont go for immature children who swing off trees and sway there arms in a band stand of kids and cartoons. if you ask me just dont cos i dont have a thought in my head about the fricken CHILD!!!

On a related tack, we've had Milky Bar Kids since 1961, since others on this thread seem more talented than me in rooting out the Internet corners that hide such information, are all the Milky Bar Kids still alive? The oldest must me in his mid to late fifties.

On a related tack, we've had Milky Bar Kids since 1961, since others on this thread seem more talented than me in rooting out the Internet corners that hide such information, are all the Milky Bar Kids still alive? The oldest must me in his mid to late fifties.

Milky Bars sound like an under ground chocolate. They aren't the popular choice today.

Aye, but they've revived the kid in recent adverts to push sales and the latest tv ad shows clips going back to the first kid 45 years back.

Aye, but they've revived the kid in recent adverts to push sales and the latest tv ad shows clips going back to the first kid 45 years back.

That could make some money. Or not. ;)

Yup, it'll certainly save money since the ad involves so much old footage. What struck me is that when old clips like this are revived the press often drag the kid in the picture back into public view, I might have missed it but I haven't seen any old Milky Bar Kids in a paper. They're probably still alive but I can't find an Internet link identifying them, giving birthdates and the rest.

He lives. He's from South Africa, he's called Sven and his pissed off at the grief he's been getting. Check it out. For our American viewers spared the true awfulness of the ad there's even a link to a video of it.

Guest Guest

He not dead ! Its all just rumours you silly people he lives in africa :dead: