Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mich

Miep Gies

Sorry, should've checked whether she'd been posted before. Either way, she's got a good Wiki page, and she qualified for my WDP. Famous enough I'd say. I mean, she DID something, even if it was just hiding Anne Frank, without which we wouldn't have the book. It's sort of right place at the right time plus, if such a definition is possible.

I only want to put one Dutch man/woman in my 2009 top 25 list.

My three options are: Miep Gies, Johan Heesters or Piet De Vries.

Does anyone know which one would be the best choice???

Johan Heesters seems to be a tad more frail than the other two

I only want to put one Dutch man/woman in my 2009 top 25 list.

My three options are: Miep Gies, Johan Heesters or Piet De Jong.

Does anyone know which one would be the best choice???

Geert Wilders.

She's 100 today. Her wiki page states "Mrs Gies no longer grants interviews after enduring a bout of severe ill health".

Road-runner2.gif

News coming in that she's dead, aged 100.

News coming in that she's dead, aged 100.

From the BBC.

Miep Gies moves from out of the attic to under the stairs aged 100. 12 DDPers had her.

And one doubled the picking by entering the Deathrace, Hein having netted himself 354 points for this.

Well, that was quite a miss for you DeathListers...

Not really. The average person on the street would have no idea who she was.

Ah, here we go again.

Every time someone drops off, some douche yells out "Ya missed that one, didn' ya? LOLZ."

The aim of the game is how many on the list are correctly picked. Not how many that aren't on the list die in the year.

So now you know how the game is played, I hope to hell you're not going to drop in to point out every death that didn't make the list. You may not have anything better to do, but other DL members probably do.

Ah, here we go again.

Every time someone drops off, some douche yells out "Ya missed that one, didn' ya? LOLZ."

The aim of the game is how many on the list are correctly picked. Not how many that aren't on the list die in the year.

So now you know how the game is played, I hope to hell you're not going to drop in to point out every death that didn't make the list. You may not have anything better to do, but other DL members probably do.

I think I suggested Miep Gies a couple of years ago, but she was one of those that could have lived for ages like the Queen Mum or Madame Chiang Kai Shek (sp?) oh well, my wife is sad to see Gies go, but happy as she's been picking her for the past 8 years

Ah, here we go again.

I think I suggested Miep Gies a couple of years ago, but she was one of those that could have lived for ages like the Queen Mum or Madame Chiang Kai Shek (sp?) oh well, my wife is sad to see Gies go, but happy as she's been picking her for the past 8 years

I'm in the same position as your wife

Ah, here we go again.

I'm in the same position as your wife

You old dawg Phantom.