Guest iain

I am not going to post anymore deaths

Guest iain

Its a waste of tine me posting news of peoples deaths because the moderators keep deleting or moving them so Im just not going to bother anymore.I posted the death of Eduoard Michelin in the near miisses thread and now its dissappeared.I cant see what the problem was.Anyway thats it,no more death announcements from me.

Its a waste of tine me posting news of peoples deaths because the moderators keep deleting or moving them so Im just not going to bother anymore.I posted the death of Eduoard Michelin in the near miisses thread and now its dissappeared.I cant see what the problem was.Anyway thats it,no more death announcements from me.

I think we will have this thread moved also, into the trash can.

Guest iain

I assume that reply means you dont want me around any more.OK in that case I'll find another forum to join.Have a nice life

The problem was that I had already posted it in the Not Famous Enough thread. The mods must have just moved it there and/or duplicated the double.

I assume that reply means you dont want me around any more.OK in that case I'll find another forum to join.Have a nice life

Iain, that isn't what I meant. You have provided some very successful predictions for this forum.

I don't want you to leave.

Although I don't show much sympathy for this thread. :old:

Iain, you just need to do 4 things to avoid any issues when creating a post to inform us of a death.

1. Before you post, check to see if it has already been mentioned.
  2. Check to see if a thread already exists for that individual and if it does, make your post there.
  3. If the individual is not very well known and does not have his or her own thread, post it in the Not Famous Enough thread.
  4. Make sure that you cross reference any death with another source, other than wikipedia before posting it

Hopefully that will help.

regards,

ff

Personally I think Iain gets a pretty raw deal around here. With all the ongoing debate about post whoredom and quality of posts, at least Iain restricts his posts to the true nature of Death List (or at least the way I see it) by posting solely about people who have died.

Okay, so sometimes he puts them in the wrong thread or they are so obscure only God knows who they are, but he has posted about people who are very interesting. One that sticks in my mind is the guy who was the actual pilot in the Six Million Dollar Man opening credits. I never knew about that and the provided link enlightened me with extra info about one of my favourite programmes when I was a kid.

If it means anything, I always read and enjoy your posts.

Please don't go, Iain. Keep doing what you do and don't let the bastards grind you down.

fair point. iain does seem to have a habit of putting it in the wrong place, but at last it is always death related. if only some of us could say the same (cough). but he's going nowhere. i've only been here four months and he's already had more comebcks than sinatra!

fair point. iain does seem to have a habit of putting it in the wrong place, but at last it is always death related. if only some of us could say the same (cough). but he's going nowhere. i've only been here four months and he's already had more comebcks than sinatra!

Frank Sinatra's voice did get better over time. Iain may learn from his mistakes?

I say let him go.

His 'I'm leaving' are appearing more and more often. It's just attention seeking.

I say let him go.

His 'I'm leaving' are appearing more and more often. It's just attention seeking.

I will not comment...

Of course if Iain creates another thread next week called 'Why isn't the I in my name capitalized?' or 'How come i'm not a Moderator?'

Then i'll create a 'Goodbye iain thread'.

Iain won't really leave because.......

Eventually one of his predictions will come good. Michael Foot - for example - hasn't got that long. And it'd be torture for Iain not to share the moment.

C'mon guys, on the evidence of the Buster Bloodvessel thread that quickly turned to Atomic Rooster and Edgar Broughton there's enough - peace, man - ex-hippies amongst yers to - like - live and let live a little here.

Iain, you just need to do 4 things to avoid any issues when creating a post to inform us of a death.
  2. Check to see if a thread already exists for that individual and if it does, make your post there.

Like f*** am I wading through all that shite to see if someone has duplicated it... :P

Like f*** am I wading through all that shite to see if someone has duplicated it... :P

That's the purpose of the search engine. It only takes a few seconds

Like f*** am I wading through all that shite to see if someone has duplicated it... :lol:

That's the purpose of the search engine. It only takes a few seconds

Yeah, when it doesn't tell you that 'flood has been enabled, please wait 20 seconds before trying again.' And then, after 20 seconds it gives you the exact, same message, shortly before losing the will to live.

:P

I reckon that iain can leave if he likes, he just seems to be posting this constantly of recent times.

Guest iain

I'll stay around but I wont be posting any more deaths unless theyre mega famous,like Doris Day or something.Theres no pooint in posting deaths of people who hardly anyone have ever heard of.I just get slagged off for it anyway,and I cant be bothered anymore

I'll stay around but I wont be posting any more deaths unless theyre mega famous,like Doris Day or something.Theres no pooint in posting deaths of people who hardly anyone have ever heard of.I just get slagged off for it anyway,and I cant be bothered anymore

Doris Day is deceased? Egads! How could I have missed that one? Oh that's right I was jumping back and forth between being Maryport, Brinsworth, Josco, Tempus, Bennett, Molly, DonDeFore, and who knows who else.

Don't be a-lettin' them git to yee lad it all will be a-working itself out in thyme after all the best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley an' lea'e nought but grief an' pain for promis'd joy. (credit to Robert Burns)

There isn't a problem you posting deaths, its just that you put the 'who the hell is he?' people into the near misses thread while there is already a 'not famous enough' thread. A bit of common sense should tell you if they are really/mega/super famous or just some bloke/woman that was 'famous for 15 minutes.

I miss Iannrs daioly posts .. Now I musrt read the pbituasries myselegf and the words are ofttren bluyrr.

Bruno, are you sure this posting whilst pissed thing is for real? There are times I reckon you lapse into perfect Chaucerian English!

Bruno, are you sure this posting whilst pissed thing is for real? There are times I reckon you lapse into perfect Chaucerian English!

And who are you the Wyf of Bath? If so then, Here bygynneth the Book of the tales of Caunterbury.

Whan that Aprille, with hise shoures soote,

The droghte of March hath perced to the roote

And bathed every veyne in swich licour,

Of which vertu engendred is the flour;

Whan Zephirus eek with his swete breeth

Inspired hath in every holt and heeth

The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne

Hath in the Ram his halfe cours yronne,

And smale foweles maken melodye,

That slepen al the nyght with open eye-

So priketh hem Nature in hir corages-

Thanne longen folk to goon on pilgrimages

And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes

To ferne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes;

And specially, from every shires ende

Of Engelond, to Caunturbury they wende,

The hooly blisful martir for the seke

That hem hath holpen, whan that they were seeke.

Bifil that in that seson, on a day,

In Southwerk at the Tabard as I lay,

Redy to wenden on my pilgrymage

To Caunterbury, with ful devout corage,

At nyght were come into that hostelrye

Wel nyne and twenty in a compaignye

Of sondry folk, by aventure yfalle

In felaweshipe, and pilgrimes were they alle,

That toward Caunterbury wolden ryde.

The chambres and the stables weren wyde,

And wel we weren esed atte beste;

And shortly, whan the sonne was to reste,

So hadde I spoken with hem everychon

That I was of hir felaweshipe anon,

And made forward erly for to ryse

To take our wey, ther as I yow devyse.

But nathelees, whil I have tyme and space,

Cheers Bruno, re your being tubed mentioned on another thread.

Is it - like - serious? I'd hate to lose you even for a few days, yer posts improve the quality of most of my days.