Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Great Gigs In The Sky

Guest Guest
Eric Clapton that scum bag won't be participating.

I can't believe Eric Clapton is still Eric Clapton, it doesn't even look like Clapton anymore.

I can't believe that I can't believe it's not butter is still I can't believe it's not butter. It never tasted like butter anyway.

I can't believe that I can't believe it's not butter is still I can't believe it's not butter. It never tasted like butter anyway.

Don't buy it. Anything that is unbelievable is always to good - to be - true. If you get my tone.

Guest Yer Fairy Godmother
Looks like there's life left in the Zeppelin dog.

I've got 50 tickets for this that I'm willing to give away to any deserving causes.

Having been accused on this very forum of being Jimmy 'The Wizened Old Lady' Page at one point, I think I must qualify as a deserving cause.

I've got 50 tickets for this that I'm willing to give away to any deserving causes.

Having been accused on this very forum of being Jimmy 'The Wizened Old Lady' Page at one point, I think I must qualify as a deserving cause.

Jimmy Page, hows it going man. I respect you.

So you did Heroin? Hey Jimmy let me ask you a question, how come the more older you get the more you look like your becoming Japanese? What is happening here? Tell me what is going on...

It's as plain as Percy's pecker that what the 'millions' are really interested in is the chance to hear Foreigner knock out a tidy I Wanna Know What Love Is, of course.

The votes are running 66% boring to 33% brilliant on the Pistols comeback.

why, atj, nice to know i'm remembered. i was, of course, joking... everyone has guessed that you're alvin lee...

caravan: apparently they'll be touring in a shiort while (might already be out for all i know) with richard coughlan, but as his rheumatoid arthritis has been playing up, they've got a stand-by rehearsed. the problem with RA is that i fades in and out and is unpredicatble in early stages. incidentally, they might finish anyway, as apparently pye hastings reckons he's getting a bit old to bother with touring.

stray: not on here yet, but back on the road with del bromham plus a rhythm section. as he wrote most of the tunes, played most of the guitars, all the keybards, and did at least half the lead vocal, i figure he has the right to use the name. saw him a few months back and he did a 45minute acoustic set followed by two hours with the band. cracking set, and he still has it. ok, they were never big, but any band that decided a switch to Pye in the mid-seveties was a GOOD move, additionally taking on charlie kray as their manager, were not business heads...

why, atj, nice to know i'm remembered. i was, of course, joking... everyone has guessed that you're alvin lee...

caravan: apparently they'll be touring in a shiort while (might already be out for all i know) with richard coughlan, but as his rheumatoid arthritis has been playing up, they've got a stand-by rehearsed. the problem with RA is that i fades in and out and is unpredicatble in early stages. incidentally, they might finish anyway, as apparently pye hastings reckons he's getting a bit old to bother with touring.

stray: not on here yet, but back on the road with del bromham plus a rhythm section. as he wrote most of the tunes, played most of the guitars, all the keybards, and did at least half the lead vocal, i figure he has the right to use the name. saw him a few months back and he did a 45minute acoustic set followed by two hours with the band. cracking set, and he still has it. ok, they were never big, but any band that decided a switch to Pye in the mid-seveties was a GOOD move, additionally taking on charlie kray as their manager, were not business heads...

Finally signed in correctly. Too much lunchtime wine.....

Pulphack!!! Good to see you back. If only I'd thought of a little progressive rock bait to lure you in. Caravan - another fine band (from Canterbury) I think. I'm within touching distance of a recently purchased pristine copy of 'Bumpers'. The sampler that got me into progressive in 1970. Clouds - sank without trace. Quintessence - where now? Ubi Dave Mason?

Previous 3 similar posts deleted for tidyness :rip: [HCW]

Danjolairs.jpg

Hung up their plectrums long ago, thankfully. I found this on the web today and did a double take. Someone close to me went out with the bass player. Before he married the singer and joined this lot, obviously.

Isn't that The Magic Numbers?

Danjolairs.jpg

Hung up their plectrums long ago, thankfully. I found this on the web today and did a double take. Someone close to me went out with the bass player. Before he married the singer and joined this lot, obviously.

If only ATJ, if only. Their answer to Romeo (front right), is Nigel. Nice enough lad, used to play footy with him and was also grateful for the good quality of albums he left with my sister off and on. But none of that translated into riveting music onstage. There's probably some academic filed a definitive thesis on the inverse proportionality of accordian sounds in a band's repertoire to credibility in their music, or summat.

If only ATJ, if only. Their answer to Romeo (front right), is Nigel. Nice enough lad, used to play footy with him and was also grateful for the good quality of albums he left with my sister off and on. But none of that translated into riveting music onstage. There's probably some academic filed a definitive thesis on the inverse proportionality of accordian sounds in a band's repertoire to credibility in their music, or summat.

Is Sue and the Danjolairs as shitty a name as a band could dream up?

Worst band name IMHO belongs to a band who still get namechecked for thier audacity, and most certainly did exist, but left nothing of any musical value.

Step forward: Jesus Christ and the Nail Knockers.

Given the title of the thread we'd have to - I guess - report the possibility of a Pink Floyd reunion.

Given the title of the thread we'd have to - I guess - report the possibility of a Pink Floyd reunion.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! GOD HELP MY BLEEDING EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! That would be amazing. I saw Roger Waters play The Dark Side of the Moon at Earls Court last year and was blown away. I would love to see the whole Floyd, though!

It's always nice when a band gives a debut live performance of an album, even if it does come 40 years after the release. Especially when it's my all-time favourite misspelled Pepper-influenced psych-pop album ever. Anyone going along?

Big Star, another band I'm partial to, have reconvened for the first time in several years and are playing London in August.

< 50-Quid Bloke closes Mojo/Q/Uncut with slight feeling of shame and world-weary shrug >

Stackridge, the first band to ever play at Glastonbury, are set to return 38 years later. "What do they sound like?", I hear you cry. They sound like

Two of them became the Korgis, who did this, as covered by Beck for the excellent Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Ancient Musical History lesson over, class dismissed.

The Pentangle in action again. Surely it'll be this little flurry and all over for them.

The Nerves won't be gigging again. Glyn Davies has just joined Fred Gilpin on their list of the fallen.