godsbollox

Barbara Windsor

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Pretty much all the surviving Carry On Stars are getting close to being put on the Death List:

_Barbara Windsor :Alzheimers and heart problems

_ Fenella Fielding 90 and suffered a massive stroke."Oh Matron"

_June Whitfield :92 and in a care home.

_Leslie Phillips already on the list.

They should get together and make a new one, Carry on breathing. 

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Dame Barbara Windsor, 81, speaks about dementia

"Add an egg, whisk until mixed thoroughly..."

*No, it's not in good taste I suspect. 

Think 2020 could see her debut on the death list- dementia progressing quite fast and has heart trouble.

On 08/01/2019 at 19:06, Cerberus said:

I wonder what else they'll be pounding.

35947e344f9bb0312914ca6144f3a447.jpg

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Although this mentions pretty much the same thing as the above-mentioned article, it now adds that her condition has worsened and she may be requiring 24-hr nursing care:

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1079347/barbara-windsor-health-update-alzheimers-disease-eastenders-scott-mitchell-news

I'm not getting that from the article.  He says she can't be left alone any longer, presumably in case she does something daft or dangerous.  So now they have carers in so he can get some rest and a break instead of spending every waking hour with her.  Nothing about nursing care.  I'd guess it's more like child-minding.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm not getting that from the article.  He says she can't be left alone any longer, presumably in case she does something daft or dangerous.  So now they have carers in so he can get some rest and a break instead of spending every waking hour with her.  Nothing about nursing care.  I'd guess it's more like child-minding.

Yeah, same. Only that opening sentence mentioned the possibility of nursing care, but there was nothing in the article to suggest it.

22 hours ago, Toast said:

Yeah. That stage of dementia can be the worse - the person is still physically active but is a risk. When my grandparents got diagnosed both had already virtually lost the ability to the walk before hand so we didn't experience that with them but my great uncle had to be locked in by his wife to stop him escaping (he like my grandparents ended up in a nursing home by the end).

• Sad 1

On the Jeremy Vine R2 show was her hubby

So surprised LFN never posted this

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1093328/Barbara-Windsor-husband-Scott-Mitchell-dementia-2019-Carry-On-memories-news

This link.

I dislocated my ankle over the weekend and was in a ward opposite a woman with dementia and from say 5pm she would become very repetitive and anxious and it was rather depressing to watch and exhausting to talk to her. Sweet lady but you could tell she wasn't with it. I had to have ear plugs when I slept because otherwise you would be hearing various noises come from the lady about how lonely and lost she was - even though her son had come to visit an hour before but she thought it was her husband.

From sounds of it she may have a year or two left if she doesn't have a nasty fall or anything.

12 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

This link.

I dislocated my ankle over the weekend and was in a ward opposite a woman with dementia and from say 5pm she would become very repetitive and anxious and it was rather depressing to watch and exhausting to talk to her. Sweet lady but you could tell she wasn't with it. I had to have ear plugs when I slept because otherwise you would be hearing various noises come from the lady about how lonely and lost she was - even though her son had come to visit an hour before but she thought it was her husband.

From sounds of it she may have a year or two left if she doesn't have a nasty fall or anything.

Fucking hell, in a ward after only dislocating an ankle?

Bed blocker!!!!!

• Haha 1

I think she must be strongly considered for the 2020 list if she makes it that far.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:14, FixedBusiness said:

Update on Barbara Windsor health. Nothing new really, just confirming her state of dementia is very poor.

"Poor" is a value judgement - some people hereabouts have her in competition this year.

• Like 1