godsbollox

Barbara Windsor

On 31/07/2020 at 23:00, CoffinLodger said:

What is the average life expectancy of someone in a care hom,e?.Pre covid that is.I k now it has become a lot shorter in the last few months !  

Dunno, do you ring Richard O' Sullivan or do I?

• Haha 1

On 31/07/2020 at 23:00, CoffinLodger said:

What is the average life expectancy of someone in a care hom,e?.Pre covid that is.I k now it has become a lot shorter in the last few months !  

I think statistically you are 40% likely to die within the first year of being in a care home. Forget where I saw that statistic, tried googling for it but stupid coronavirus related stuff comes up every time...

18 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

How to tell you might as well give in. "Barbara Windsor recognised Ross Kemp" https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/topnews/barbara-windsor-recognised-ross-kemp/ar-BB1ailzz?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

"Barbara is best known for her iconic role as Peggy Mitchell on the BBC soap opera"

Is she really?  That makes me feel old.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Toast said:

"Barbara is best known for her iconic role as Peggy Mitchell on the BBC soap opera"

Is she really?  That makes me feel old.

For me she is best known for the not really showing her not really that great tits in a couple of Carry On films. But she has lived off that ever since. I never figured out why. 

• Like 1

She acted from a young age and won awards for her stage work.

She was a proper actress, she was..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She acted from a young age and won awards for her stage work.

She was a proper actress, she was..

Is she dead?

13 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Is she dead?

I used 'was' because she is no longer an actress, is she.

You wouldn't say that Michael Schumacher IS a great racing driver either...:rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I used 'was' because she is no longer an actress, is she.

You wouldn't say that Michael Schumacher IS a great racing driver either...:rolleyes:

That has reminded me of an exchange I had with the eldest when Schumacher smashes his face into that rock - 

‘He’s a very good racing driver isn’t he mum?’

’Yeh, not very good at fucking skiing though’. 

• Haha 3

And a faller from my Comedy Cremations team.

Think I had included her for next year too so if @Grim Up North would do the necessary and move my first sub up into next year's team.

The December massacre continues...

Legit thought she was going to make the DL next month...

I am deeply saddened to hear this news, although I expected it. I knew going into a care home would finish her off.She was too big a personality to be shut in one of those places.I just hope she didn't catch covid.So sad such a big personality was taken away by dementia. Still at least she didn't suffer with it for longer I don't mind saying that I am typing this with tears in my eyes.:(

PS  I am also sad that she was not on this years list. 

• Like 2

Really sad news a true legend brilliant as Peggy in EastEnders and the carry on’s she certainly lived life to the full what with her associations with the Krays etc, I thought she would last a bit longer. RIP. 

RIP an icon and I was for sure thinking she would be added next year.

How is June Brown doing?

• Like 2

Will presumably fall under the lockdown funeral restrictions - any other year Babs would have had a huge turnout of famous mourners (the kind that provides a load of photos to determine if any of them should be considered for the list)

• Like 1

In my top 50...but sadly died so close to January it feels like more of a hassle...

• Like 1

And so Leslie Phillips outlives another fellow Carry On star. Is everyone sure he really is still alive ?! :unsure:

• Like 2

Apart from Jim Dale, she was really the last of the Carry on stars who appeared in a good proportion of them.  It's this that I'll remember her for, not bloody Eastenders!

To most now they may seem corny and low-brow but the Carry ons have their place in British culture and Barbara will be fondly remembered as being a memorable part in them.  Now she joins Sid, Charles, Hattie, Bernard, Kenneth, Joan, Peter Butterworth, Kenneth and the hundreds of others that I'm too tired to name at this late hour..

• Like 1

Rest In Peace Barbara Windsor

1 hour ago, Beachy Head said:

Sad news.  Touching tribute from Long Path

Screenshot 2020-12-11 at 00.19.28.png

If any male of a certain age doesn't admit to tugging off a few to Babs in her Carry On days they're lying