themaninblack

The Next Piper At The Gates Of Heaven

Who's next to take the last trip?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for Sky Saxon. :crossbone:

Having your song used in a deodorant advert might be good for the bank balance, but not for the soul.

Or alternatively, learning about his recent illness in the Ideas and Possibilities thread the hour before...:banghead:

• Like 1

Having your song used in a deodorant advert might be good for the bank balance, but not for the soul.

Or alternatively, learning about his recent illness in the Ideas and Possibilities thread the hour before...:banghead:

Sky Saxon dead

Sky Saxon dead

Bloody hell, that was quick.

Feels peeky, diagnosis, dead!

well, beefheart gets my vote..

Lee Freeman, 61, guitarist with long forgotten 60s psychadelic band Strawberry Alarm Clock, has, er, clocked off, aged 61.

I thought this thread would be as good as any to post such earth shattering news.

, anyone?

:lol:

Why not, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Chocolate Watch Band, The Lyke Of Wych, they all belong here or hereabouts.

Lee Freeman, 61, guitarist with long forgotten 60s psychadelic band Strawberry Alarm Clock, has, er, clocked off, aged 61.

I thought this thread would be as good as any to post such earth shattering news.

, anyone?

Why not, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Chocolate Watch Band, The Lyke Of Wych, they all belong here or hereabouts.

, anyone?

Really Anubis, you can't be lumping amateurs like TSAC and TCWB in with the mighty TLOW! For some reason the latter's seminal Nonsence and Polo Mints (the standout track on Rubble vol 63 - Thee Barrel Scrapings) is not on youtube at the moment, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I mean tyme.

Welcome back, by the way.

I hope no one minds me posting about a 60s Texan garage psych rocker no one will have heard of.

A benefit concert is to be arranged for Ronnie "Mouse" Weiss, leader of long forgotten also-rans Mouse and The Traps, who is apparently in need of a lung transplant.

I hope no one minds me posting about a 60s Texan garage psych rocker no one will have heard of.

A benefit concert is to be arranged for Ronnie "Mouse" Weiss, leader of long forgotten also-rans Mouse and The Traps, who is apparently in need of a lung transplant.

No-one?! He outBobbed the Bob on

You know I only hang around here waiting for these type of posts, don't you DDT?

Isn't it about time another keyboard player from The Band or The Dead kicked the bucket? Such a great match.

Psychedelic icon Owsley Stanley has been killed in a car crash in Australia.

He wasn't a musician, but managed the Greatful Dead for a while, as well as manufacturing vast amounts of LSD. The song Purple Haze and the band Blue Cheer are alleged to have been named after the acid trips he produced.

Hume Paton, guitarist with Scottish 60s band The Poets, has died at the age of 66.

? :skill2:

The latest edition of the New Musical Express has Syd Barrett topping the poll of "cult heroes". All fine and dandy but where the fuck is Jeff Mangum in that top 75? :rip:

The NME might survive as a brand but as a paid for 'inky' weekly publication it may have less time left than some of the subjects on this thread. Time was the word of the music press mattered, whether anyone cares about this week's elevation of Syd to top cult hero is debateable.

254668_10150264065560981_729380980_8068066_6400071_n.jpg

Found this classic image in some old comics lately, thought I'd share it!

Native American Indian Tony Tecumseh, founding member, singer and guitarist with 60s Californian psychedelic garage popsters Afterglow (possibly the most obscure band ever to be mentioned on these forums), has died at the age of 72.

Does anyone else think that Meadowland Of Love is just wonderful?

[...]Afterglow (possibly the most obscure band ever to be mentioned on these forums)[...]

Does anyone else think that Meadowland Of Love is just wonderful?

Obscure indeed. Not exactly punk rock, is it?

regards,

Hein

First (of so very many!) Hawkwind bassist, John Harrison, has died in Los Angeles just 2 days off his 70th birthday.

I went for captain beefheart because he's dead.

Former Hawkwind guitarist Huw Lloyd-Langton has died of cancer aged 61. Such a nice man, such a great guitarist. A sad loss!

Former Hawkwind guitarist Huw Lloyd-Langton has died of cancer aged 61. Such a nice man, such a great guitarist. A sad loss!

I second that. He was a really nice guy. very down to earth. I helped set up his internet connection, sat on the phone with him for half an hour, had a little chat while we waited for the software to install.

Link

I second that. He was a really nice guy. very down to earth. I helped set up his internet connection, sat on the phone with him for half an hour, had a little chat while we waited for the software to install.

Link

Really sad about this.

On the positive side: Recently took delivery of Dave Brock's new solo album and the 2012 Hawkwind collection. The Brock one in particular is really good, definitely big album material on a certain radio show that plays the odd Winterset track!

Fair enough.

195 teams have been registered so far. A couple of interesting picks but a I get the feeling there will be a lot more to come as the big guns are keeping their powder dry...

Indeed. I have what I'm 95% sure is a unique pick and I'm repeatedly refreshing his Facebook fanpage to see if he's going to make it to the start line.

Ray Collins, original vocalist for the Mothers of Invention, has caused me to go back to my Google Document notes file swearing aged 75.

• Like 1