themaninblack

The Next Piper At The Gates Of Heaven

Who's next to take the last trip?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, JQW said:

Jazzwise magazine has recently tweeted that Tom Rapp of Pearls Before Swine has died. Can't find any other confirmation yet.

Definitely dead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

That’s a Rapp

5 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Sad, but I'm afraid I must get in there with a ;

I think it was already settled that :clivedunn: is not applicable when posting on two different threads, but OK.

8 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

I think it was already settled that :clivedunn: is not applicable when posting on two different threads, but OK.

Yes, but she really is not a good fit for this thread.

Frail Phil Collins has been rushed to hospital after suffering a dramatic fall in a hotel - forcing him to cancel London shows.

According to a message posted on the singer's official Facebook page, the 66-year-old tripped and fell and badly gashed his head following his concert on Sunday night, after a more than ten-year break from touring.

OK, Daily Mail....are we intentionally shedding Phil in the worst of lights?  That can't possibly be a 66-year old in this photo.  2019 here we come!
How long until there's No Reply At All?

SC

411E4BD700000578-4576360-image-a-32_1496739945861.jpg

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Frail Phil Collins has been rushed to hospital after suffering a dramatic fall in a hotel - forcing him to cancel London shows.

According to a message posted on the singer's official Facebook page, the 66-year-old tripped and fell and badly gashed his head following his concert on Sunday night, after a more than ten-year break from touring.

OK, Daily Mail....are we intentionally shedding Phil in the worst of lights?  That can't possibly be a 66-year old in this photo.  2019 here we come!

SC

411E4BD700000578-4576360-image-a-32_1496739945861.jpg

Well he's survived 13 months since that happened! (Date of article 8th June 2017). :D

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

:clivedunn:

• Sad 1

Think we can rule out any rapid point scoring with regard to 68 year old Carl Palmer - I'll cop for this being my snap from his gig yesterday. The show these days is basically him playing ELP as he heard it (less twiddling and way more loud drums than the records) - pounded away for 45 mins, wasn't breathless in the between song banter and finished off shirtless with a body suggesting he works out.

38465656_10155345994295981_4474422020448

• Like 2

Oh aye - and keeping this more directly on psychedelic loonies - here's 76 year old Arthur Brown getting crazed and out there.

Spirited set again, moving well, hitting the high notes etc.

38451437_10155345993640981_3657090113386

• Like 1

Bob Seal, guitarist of LA Heavy Psych band Clear Light, has apparently passed away. My only source right now is Twitter.

Zohar Levi, drummer of the Israeli psych act 'Apocalypse' has reportedly died in hospital aged 76.

Mike Wilhelm, of San Francisco psyche band The Charlatans, and later of the Flamin' Groovies, is reportedly under hospice care.

On 12/05/2019 at 19:52, JQW said:

Mike Wilhelm, of San Francisco psyche band The Charlatans, and later of the Flamin' Groovies, is reportedly under hospice care.

And now dead, apparently, via several posts on Twitter. 

Looks like Julian Cope is the last surviving member of the poll made here...

Ah I forgot he had something to do with this thread too. Thanks Joey Roky dead.

Three of you beat me to it here.

At least he got a chance to make a comeback in later life including touring and recording new material which was good. The way he was treated for smoking a little bit of pot was shocking

You might want to make it clear who you're all talking about, for search purposes.

Roky Erickson

Just saying.

• Like 1

Aw, not Roky

The only consolation being there were lengthy periods in his life when the summer of 2019 looked an impossible ask.

Legend -

Report on FB that Maha Dev - long time member of trippy Notting Hill proggers Quintessence is dead.

In their Glasto pomp - back in the days when Kenny Rogers or Barry Gibb would have been laughed out of the fields