Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Martin O'Neill

Just a thought, like. If and when he gets the England job, is it possible some Brit-hating sociopathic ex-IRA man will 'exectute' him as a betrayer of his homeland?

... is it possible some Brit-hating sociopathic ex-IRA man will 'exectute' him as a betrayer of his homeland?

Possible yes, but it's also possible he'll be abducted by aliens and anally probed.

What you should be asking is, "Is it likely he'll be executed"

I think we all know the answer to that one, don't we now. :pop:

... is it possible some Brit-hating sociopathic ex-IRA man will 'exectute' him as a betrayer of his homeland?

Possible yes, but it's also possible he'll be abducted by aliens and anally probed.

What you should be asking is; "Is it likely he'll be executed"

I think we all know the answer to that one, don't we now. :pop:

He may also be killed by a drive - by or possibly a sudden brain hemorrhage..?

It may make more sense to have Martin McGuinness than Martin O'Neill. Whatever the score he'll deny England have lost and dare anyone to argue.

I think we all know the answer to that one, don't we now

Erm, well, if you've got some definite information how about sharing it. I'd reckon it's a very long shot (heh heh), but stranger things have happened.

Just a thought, like. If and when he gets the England job, is it possible some Brit-hating sociopathic ex-IRA man will 'exectute' him as a betrayer of his homeland?

It's truly possible MPFC however I'm not 100% convinced MON will take the job, When he left us he had said that he wouldn't be coming back into football as he was wanting to take care of his sick wife (Alcoholism amongst other things). The latest I have heard is that she is indeed getting better so it may happen yet.

regards

scsi

It's probably the one job he could take since it's not exactly 1 or 2 games a week. Also, frankly, he'd be a better candidate than the Englishmen in the premiership most of whom motivate journeymen and blend them into teams with a smattering of real stars. O'Neill seems to have the vision that Allardyce and Curbishly lack.

At first I thought:

"This is a silly thread. Of course no-one is going to issue death-threats, simply for taking an England managers job... "

Today, came news that maybe, just maybe, MPFC is a wise old soul sometimes.... :D

Is it just me, or does Martin O'Neill look very similar to Sinn Fein man Martin McGuinness, only with darker hair?

Hackenslash, as a doctor I'm surprised you ask such questions. The gene pool in Northern Ireland isn't exactly massive, how else do you explain all those votes for Ian Paisley?

On a more positive note Martin O'Neill escapes assassination because they give the job to an Englishman.

Life for O'Neill, curtains for England's chances at the next European championships.

I think this thread has served its purpose now. Any chance it could be locked again mods?

I disagree. This thread didn't have a purpose to serve.

Locked with pleasure.

I think I'll delete it too in a bit.

Unlike this thread then.

At least in between the bickering, the O'Grady thread had relevant health information posted. I call a thread about a celebrity who has had two heart attacks pretty relevant.

I think this thread has served its purpose now. Any chance it could be locked again mods?

Locked with pleasure.

Unlike this thread then.

At least in between the bickering, the O'Grady thread had relevant health information posted. I call a thread about a celebrity who has had two heart attacks pretty relevant.

Fair enough. Perhaps we could save the relevant bits and stick them together to make a new thread.

Locked with pleasure.

Unlike this thread then.

Fair enough. Perhaps we could save the relevant bits and stick them together to make a new thread.

Now if you're going to start deleting all the irrelevant bits they'll be preciuos little left on the forum. :banghead:

Locked with pleasure.

Unlike this thread then.

Now if you're going to start deleting all the irrelevant bits they'll be preciuos little left on the forum. <_<

Whatever.

Tempus, has Star Crossed been taking rampaging lessons from you?

He/she hasn't quite reached the stage yet where he/she can give up his/her day job. :banghead:

Given Martin O'Neill's old chums, and his activities as a young man, perhaps this thread should be kept...

Who is Martin O'neill? I'm not sure what this thread is about.

Who is Martin O'neill? I'm not sure what this thread is about.

I don't know who the hell he is either.

martin o'neill - footballer and footy manager. played nottingham forest and norwhich, managed wycombe into the league, leicester city, then celtic. amassed lots of trophies as player and manager. at one time hot tip for england job (and newcastle, and anything else going), took time out from game because of sick wife. also ex-captain of northern ireland.

and that seems to be the crux of this thread - as an NI player, would he get death-threats if he became england manager. well, obviously no, as he didn't. but then there's a suggestion that he has a dodgy past and dodgy mates. which i've not heard of before, an may affect this thread's relevance, so tell us more.

incidentally, when he was at celtic, neil lennon had to quit playing for NI because of death threats against himself and his family when he became captain. something to do with him not being a prod... the IRA may at least pay lip service to a peace process, but no-one's told the UDA about this. so the original contention about o'neill was feasible.

but who are these dodgy mates?

I started the thread, and I didn't know he had dodgy mates. Then again NI is a small place so a high percentage of the population are connected to the 'troubles' somewhere along the line.

Hackenslash, dish the dirt!

First three paragraphs of this make interesting reading, suggesting O'Neill ruled himself out of the England job when he refused to consider taking Alan Shearer as a coach into the England set up.

I started the thread, and I didn't know he had dodgy mates. Then again NI is a small place so a high percentage of the population are connected to the 'troubles' somewhere along the line.

Hackenslash, dish the dirt!

Well, I've got to be careful here, but O'Neill played Gaelic Football as a youngster.

Young men of Catholic persuasions didn't tend to just play Gaelic football for the sake of it...

It was a place where you could meet friends and discuss politics, so to speak.

Guest F-Me-Pink

And there's me thinking that young Catholic men played Gaelic football because it was the national sport of Ireland.

It's shocking to now realise that the justification that was used by loyalist murder gangs ie Catholic=GAA=IRA was in fact was correct.

Next time they go in to a half-time huddle I will realise that they are not planning on how to beat the opposition but are really plotting the downfall of the state.

Thanks for enlightening me.

And there's me thinking that young Catholic men played Gaelic football because it was the national sport of Ireland.

It's shocking to now realise that the justification that was used by loyalist murder gangs ie Catholic=GAA=IRA was in fact was correct.

Next time they go in to a half-time huddle I will realise that they are not planning on how to beat the opposition but are really plotting the downfall of the state.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Wow! Who mentioned the IRA.

Perhaps I should have made it clearer by adding that people who play Gaelic football very briefly then disappear.

And I thought the national sport of Ireland was blowing up old men who are out fishing with their little grandsons!

That's a really, really brave thing to do and I think Catholics the world over should rejoice at the braveness of the IRA. Who, of course, never feel the need to cover their faces in public...

So that rapid passing of the ball and frantic running is just another variation on the fastest sport known to man.....Irish pass the parcel.

Do any of you journalists posting here know any more than the BBC are saying about Steve Staunton? Was this sectarian - in which case my predication about O'Neill being in danger had he become England manager looks a little more sturdy - or was it summat else like a robbery, or the husband of someone he shagged, or summat.