Sign in to follow this  
Anubis the Jackal

Lee Hazlewood

Legendary singer, songwriter, producer and eccentric Lee Hazlewood is on his last chorus

" In 2005 Lee was undergoing heavy surgery and one of his kidneys was removed. Nevertheless he has recorded the duet song 'Jackson' with gifted Norwegian singer Elisabeth Andreassen in 2005 and the song 'Lee Hazlewood & das erste Lied des Tages' with German punkrock singer Bela B. in 2006 and made recordings with old friends for his final (?) solo album to be titled 'Cake or Death'. The date of issue of this album is still unknown."

Interesting news. Removing a kidney, especially at that age, would considerably shorten one's lifespan, would it not?

Indeed, and I've had confirmation of his frailty from a fairly good source. he's definately tying up the loose ends as people tend to do with a terminal illness. I'm a fan of his work, so it would be sad to see him go, but he's become quite a git in recent years by all accounts.

Indeed, and I've had confirmation of his frailty from a fairly good source. he's definately tying up the loose ends as people tend to do with a terminal illness. I'm a fan of his work, so it would be sad to see him go, but he's become quite a git in recent years by all accounts.

"Farmshit, Flatulence, Oragami, ARF! and Me" has been on my listening list for some time, if for no other reason than the catchy title. Any comments before I decide whether or not to pick it up?

I wouldn't bother, the title is the best thing about it. Go for a compilation of the Nancy Sinatra material or the early '70's solo albums all re-issued

I wouldn't bother, the title is the best thing about it. Go for a compilation of the Nancy Sinatra material or the early '70's solo albums all re-issued

I love the stuff he did with Nancy Sinatra, mainly because I've really gotten into her lately- not literally obviously, although judging by the Playboy pics from a few years ago, I wouldn't mind. The baby loves her stuff and is guaranteed to stop wailing once her dulcet tones emanate from the speakers.

Her duet with Hazlehurst, Jackson is class (much better than Cash's version in my opinion), as is Didj'a Ever. Sinatra that is, not the baby.

Am I compromising my sexuality by announcing my liking for Nancy? Wasn't she like the sixties Kylie or something, but without the cancer? I dunno, but to make some some sort of point, I would deffo recommend Hazlehurst's stuff with Sinatra.

BhB,

Hazlewood not Hazlehurst

Whoops, my bad, lol, but other than the bloke's actual name, I do know what I'm talking about...honest...

According to PS News on Channel 4 teletext, Lee Hazlewood is 'terminally ill'

and will release his last album 'Cake or Death' on December 4.

If he lasts out the year, he should occupy number 1 position for 2007, just as

fellow musicians Lou Rawls and Warren Zevon have done....

Guess he won't be having that cake then. Maybe someone left it out in the rain?

According to PS News on Channel 4 teletext, Lee Hazlewood is 'terminally ill'

and will release his last album 'Cake or Death' on December 4.

If he lasts out the year, he should occupy number 1 position for 2007, just as

fellow musicians Lou Rawls and Warren Zevon have done....

the reclusive singer, songwriter and producer doesn't have much time left, maybe a year if he's lucky

Weatherman DP opens again March 1st, should we all just pick him and leave the competition to the other nine in the teams?

the reclusive singer, songwriter and producer doesn't have much time left, maybe a year if he's lucky

Weatherman DP opens again March 1st, should we all just pick him and leave the competition to the other nine in the teams?

No such thing as a dead cert. They said the same thing about Ronnie Biggs over half a decade ago. Buchwald was told he only had a few weeks and managed almost an entire year. Saad al-Sabah is still kicking. Given the circumstances though, I'll likely be including him, unless I can think of a good "theme team" without him.

Aye, there was a certain irony in my post CP. I mean, for all the gleeful picking of Josie Grove elsewhere, I was wondering what would happen if the same bicycle manufacturer that supplies Jane Tomlinson gave young Josie a call. I forsee a head to head series of 'pedal for permanence' races capturing the public imagination and leaving DDP jokers uncashed.

No such thing as a dead cert. They said the same thing about Ronnie Biggs over half a decade ago. Buchwald was told he only had a few weeks and managed almost an entire year. Saad al-Sabah is still kicking. Given the circumstances though, I'll likely be including him, unless I can think of a good "theme team" without him.

For Weathermans DDP atleast - Call him Ross Davidson. ;)

Hazlewood does another final interview of sorts, though granted he's not exactly calling it that. Still, I had to look over the other ones to make sure they weren't the same.

These interviews do give a good watch of the progress of his condition, which isn't progressing much. Though I have him on the DDP and the CPDP, can't say I'm sad to hear that he'd still sticking it out. :lol:

Hazlewood does another final interview of sorts, though granted he's not exactly calling it that. Still, I had to look over the other ones to make sure they weren't the same.

These interviews do give a good watch of the progress of his condition, which isn't progressing much. Though I have him on the DDP and the CPDP, can't say I'm sad to hear that he'd still sticking it out. :lol:

Thanks for the update, CP. I have him on my DDP list as well. :P

Yet another deathbed article.

I am aware, by the way, that these articles are basically saying the same thing - dying, but with some punch in him yet - but I figure that a) Not much else is happening at the moment and :( Taken together, they produce a very accurate picture of his illness.

Aye, he's milking this one a bit. Maybe he'll make a final song available for download, something like 'Goin' Down Slow' by Howlin' Wolf

I got all excited today when the DJ at Waves Radio mentioned Lee Hazlewood. I thought he had died but no - it was just an intro to Nancy Sinatra's song. ;)

I was at work. That Radio has brought me news of the death of Edward Heath and General Pinochet to name a few. It usually results in me dancing about like a fanny for a couple of minutes...

Hang on! Didn't DL pick him? Why isn't he in his own thread in 2007 Names?

;)

Hang on! Didn't DL pick him? Why isn't he in his own thread in 2007 Names?

;)

I thought he had been chosen too, but I'm guessing he was dropped in favour of someone else.

I got all excited today when the DJ at Waves Radio mentioned Lee Hazlewood. I thought he had died but no - it was just an intro to Nancy Sinatra's song. ;)

I was at work. That Radio has brought me news of the death of Edward Heath and General Pinochet to name a few. It usually results in me dancing about like a fanny for a couple of minutes...

How - exactly - does a fanny dance? I mean, attached to the rest of the body I can understand it, but you've got my mind reeling Windsor, share this insight.

How - exactly - does a fanny dance? I mean, attached to the rest of the body I can understand it, but you've got my mind reeling Windsor, share this insight.

I suppose you could make a fanny dance...if you were really, really good... ;)