Crispy

Michael Jackson

Let me be the first to say:

Faked his death, just like Elvis.

Faked his life, just like the rest of us.

Edit: Damn you, Jackson, for upstaging Fawcett. Damn you for doing this when I'm drunk, damn you for luring me back to DL in the middle of the night when nobody is here. Not even CA, she's probably hearing the news about your inconsequential demise on the radio in her car driving home. Damn you, for leaving me so uninspired I put a shitty comment like "faked his life, just like the rest of us" on here, ruining the delicious symmetry of my 888 postcount (ok, so numbers do matter) thus proving I'm as inutterably weak and inarticulate as the herd, or should that be whored? Bastard. Damn you. That said, I'm putting my copy of History on now, track 1, Billie Jean. Awesome.

Damn you. And good night.

Faked his life, just like the rest of us.

I've never pretened. :ghost:

Sorry, but I just never really got him.

I liked the early Motown stuff, Jackson 5, but nah. Nothing special about his voice when he grew up, most of his best songs were written by other people .... fair dos, he could dance and shuffle his feet about niftily, but he was mostly all hype and production, other people's talent.

I'm sorry for those children, though. They'll need their mother now, which they've been denied.

No, seriously, this is a big death, isn't it? Definitely by far the most notable death this year so far and probably one of the most notable of this entire decade, no joke.

Somewhat crass to say but it's probably the second biggest news story this decade after 9/11.

Probably. And biggest death since Diana.

I can't help thinking though "Thank God it's not Madonna..." :ghost:

What a strange day. I arrived in L.A. yesterday (my first ever visit), staying on Sunset Boulevard. This morning Farrah Fawcett dies just down the road (Malibu). Early afternoon Jacko gets taken to UCLA Medical Center, so I got a taxi down there and waved up at the news helicopters. There were 2 black girls holding posters of him, and about 150 journalists queueing up to interview them. I then got a taxi back to my hotel - the Iranian taxi driver pointed out Jackson's home in Beverly Hills (cordoned off by police) just across the road from Elizabeth Taylor's (hint hint isn't it about time she went too). He told me he'd had Bruce WIllis in the back of his cab last week. Then I walked up the road to the Hollywood street to see Sacha Baron Cohen driving down the street on top of a silver tank dressed up as "Bruno" for the premiere. On the way back I passed a group of people mourning Jackson by his Hollywood star (although apparently they were at the wrong one - it was the star of Michael Jackson, a radio personality). The real MJ's star is under the scaffolding for the Bruno premiere.

Did that make sense?

jackson2.jpg

jackson1.jpg

2 hours later on the other side of town ...

bruno1.jpg

Tragic death, tortured genius et cetera.

I'd like to see this fella playing at the funeral;

760-dailyedit_ss_112608_04.standalone.prod_affiliate.138.JPG

A kiddy fiddling for a kiddy fiddler.

What a strange day. I arrived in L.A. yesterday (my first ever visit), staying on Sunset Boulevard. This morning Farrah Fawcett dies just down the road (Malibu). Early afternoon Jacko gets taken to UCLA Medical Center, so I got a taxi down there and waved up at the news helicopters. There were 2 black girls holding posters of him, and about 150 journalists queueing up to interview them. I then got a taxi back to my hotel - the Iranian taxi driver pointed out Jackson's home in Beverly Hills (cordoned off by police) just across the road from Elizabeth Taylor's (hint hint isn't it about time she went too). He told me he'd had Bruce WIllis in the back of his cab last week. Then I walked up the road to the Hollywood street to see Sacha Baron Cohen driving down the street on top of a silver tank dressed up as "Bruno" for the premiere. On the way back I passed a group of people mourning Jackson by his Hollywood star (although apparently they were at the wrong one - it was the star of Michael Jackson, a radio personality). The real MJ's star is under the scaffolding for the Bruno premiere.

Did that make sense?

Well done YiA. With a track record like yours, we might have a bit of a whiparound at DL Towers to fund a trip for you to go and see Maggie T and Ronnie Biggs. And whist you're there, pop in and have a cuppa with the Queen will you?

I never thought he would do all the O2 dates but topping yourself to get out of them....probably shouldn't have signed up Michael. RIP

I wonder if he'll be enshrined in Neverland?

How I wish I'd put money on at William Hill's when he announced the big stint at the O2. I said he wouldn't do it but I thought he'd just throw an insurance fraud. Kudos, Michael, you had me fooled on that one.

But, let's be honest, Michael Jackson died in the 80's and was replaced by something so freaky and unlike MJ that the world couldn't see it was a fake.

This morning, small children all over the world can, at least partially - we mustn't forget the menace that is Madonna, the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang child catcher- heave one huge collective sigh of relief and come out from under their beds. The most famous child molesting perve in history is no more!

How I wish I'd put money on at William Hill's when he announced the big stint at the O2. I said he wouldn't do it but I thought he'd just throw an insurance fraud. Kudos, Michael, you had me fooled on that one.

But, let's be honest, Michael Jackson died in the 80's and was replaced by something so freaky and unlike MJ that the world couldn't see it was a fake.

This morning, small children all over the world can, at least partially - we mustn't forget the menace that is Madonna, the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang child catcher- heave one huge collective sigh of relief and come out from under their beds. The most famous child molesting perve in history is no more!

Not really acting as much of a Devil's Advocate, are you?

Well, is this a big enough death for you, BC Buggerlugs?

He's a coffin FILLER, FILLER now.......

I predict that toxicology reports will reveal he took some sort of pill or potion that caused heart failure, because he was shitting himself about doing all these shows.

Despite not posting, I was keeping up with all the posts here last night when the news broke.

Was thinking how stuffed TNZ and The Brisbane Times (the first 2 sites to report him dead) would've been if it had turned out to be false. It didn't help that Elizabeth Taylor and Uri Geller were demanding that he was alive as well.

He is without a doubt, the biggest legend to have died since the likes of Elvis Presley. I listened to his music from a very young age and always will and no doubt his death will shock many across the globe, depress others and make some suicidal (have a look at the Jacko fanbases if you want conclusive evidence)....

That aside.... LaToya for 2010 anyone?

Well done DDT for being first to post.

Well done YiA for being on the spot.

Well done for those gaining points on MJ.

Hard luck to those who really liked his music and wanted more.

I wonder if they put a Blanket over his head when he died?

Well, this really puts the kibosh on the new tour. But I thought you were suppose to have the farewell concert before you died?

Anyway, the funeral/body disposal could cause a problem. If they bury him, how long will he take to biodegrade? Or if they cremate him, will his face emit toxic fumes? Except, of course, he never did have plastic surgery, did he?

RIP Michael. Scha-mone!

Well, is this a big enough death for you, BC Buggerlugs?

He's a coffin FILLER, FILLER now.......

I predict that toxicology reports will reveal he took some sort of pill or potion that caused heart failure, because he was shitting himself about doing all these shows.

Pretty much. I'm honestly completely shook up and still in disbelief. I grew up listening to his music and consider him an important part of my childhood. I know that MJ had a lot of personal issues, but as an artist, there are very few who can rival his success and international popularity.

To those in their 20s and 30s who grew up wanting to be "Bad" like Michael Jackson, we now can experience for ourselves what it's like to lose our own generation's Elvis and John Lennon. Even if you were not a fan of MJ, if you grew up in the 80s and 90s, he was very much an icon of that era.

I know I b!tched a lot about celebrity deaths, but I was expecting people like Walter Cronkite, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Ed McMahon (though I admittedly wasn't a fan, RIP), Margaret Thatcher, you know, OLD people to pass away. I honestly didn't expect that somebody like MJ would die so early.

Man, I'm like 27 years old, and it's sad to see so many icons of my youth fading so fast. In the last year alone, I've lost at least four icons of my youth. I grew up reading Michael Crichton's books. George Carlin gave me so much laughter when I felt down during my teenage years. I awed at the amazing special effects that Stan Winston created in many of my favorite science-fiction and horror movies. And I grew up listening to Michael Jackson's music.

Regarding the cause of MJ's death, although the official cause is "cardiac arrest," in my heart, I suspect that he died of a drug overdose. Or at least drugs (even if it's prescription or mediction) contributed significantly to his death. That, or maybe his death was the result of the lethal side effects of all the "work" that has been done on him. I just can't by that someone at age 50 would die of cardiac arrest (unless morbidly obese).

I can't help thinking though "Thank God it's not Madonna..." :skill2:

They were my exact immediate thoughts when I heard the news about Diana.

Had it been Madonna (or Debbie Harry, or one of Abba) I'd have probably had to have the day off work as I'd be inconsolable. But Jacko has always left me cold. His music does not play a role in any part, significant or otherwise, of my life and as such I don't feel any emotion about the news. I'm fascinated by the coverage and cultural aspects but ...nope, don't feel anything.

I'm a lot sadder about Farrah, who was hugely significant in my childhood, even if I was more of a Sabrina fan than Jill.

While I'm generally not one for conspiracy theories, I wouldn't put it past him having done a Reggie Perrin. Wouldn't believe it in most cases, but Jackson... yup. It's freakishly good timing, as I never expected the O2 gigs to go ahead. My one doubt is that I can't imagine he would have wanted to upstage Farrah but otherwise it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. So, soon to be seen down your local chip shop along with Elvis perhaps?

Its Farrah Fawcett I feel sorry for. You work your way up to a Jade Goody-style passing, and a few hours later someone more famous carks it.

Apparently he didn't have a heart attack at home, he had a stroke on the Children's Ward.

He had been looking very pale recently.

Farrah Fawcett and Jacko both dying on the same day !!! Wow, one played with Majors and the other played with Minors.........

Guest Tomf

Another pop star snuffing it on the 25th.. isn't there quite a list now?

Yeah, and spare a thought for those of us practically throwing our kids at celebs in the hope of molestation, tabloid cash and a massive out of court pot of damages to follow. I mean, where do we go now they've outed Glitter and buried Jacko?