Death Watch Beatle

Stan Lee

Just watched the Fantastic 4 on DVD - not a bad film as superhero live action goes. Stan Lee does his usual cameo as a postman this time.

Hell, this guy is 84 and looks in better shape than people 20 years younger, so no reason to stick him on the list, but it does give an excuse to run a thread on comics and comic heros.

I had a sizeable collection of American Spiderman, Batman, Superman et al stuff, but when I hit my teens only 2000AD did it for me.

Any thoughts?

DWB smile.png

• Like 1

My thoughts are it's a damn good thread idea and there's probably some living oldsters out there we should consider and haven't. Can't say I know much about comics mind. The only guy I know personally with any involvement draws for Beano, is well healthy and fairly young. I'll get in touch and see if he's working with anyone older in v.poor health.

My thoughts are it's a damn good thread idea and there's probably some living oldsters out there we should consider and haven't. Can't say I know much about comics mind. The only guy I know personally with any involvement draws for Beano, is well healthy and fairly young. I'll get in touch and see if he's working with anyone older in v.poor health.

I hear Gene Colan (Tomb Of Dracula, Howard The Duck etc.) is about to retire at the age of 80.

Just watched the Fantastic 4 on DVD - not a bad film as superhero live action goes. Stan Lee does his usual cameo as a postman this time.

Hell, this guy is 84 and looks in better shape than people 20 years younger, so no reason to stick him on the list, but it does give an excuse to run a thread on comics and comic heros.

I had a sizeable collection of American Spiderman, Batman, Superman et al stuff, but when I hit my teens only 2000AD did it for me.

Any thoughts?

DWB ;)

I also enjoyed 2000AD, especially Rogue Trooper and Judge Dredd, I seem to recall a particular favourite story was to do with fat bastards in Mega City (The League of Fatties). Didn't Dredd also do battle with Judge Death, I have a vague recollection of this. (A bit of googling and Hey Presto)

Hollywood, of course, completely f*cked up the film version.

There's a tramp who, er, tramps locally called Stan Lee. Fine beard, fought in Korea, went barking mad, nice chap actually. Possibly not the same gentleman as the one referred to here. ;)

Guest Petethebeat

Does anyone know were I can get a list of Stanisms? Or is there a publication to buy? Ta la's!

Does anyone know were I can get a list of Stanisms? Or is there a publication to buy? Ta la's!

Have you tried google?

Stan Lee has cancelled an appearance at Ohio Comic Con next weekend. More troubling, the promoters of the event say they were informed that Stan Lee would be "unable to attend any upcoming appearances in the near future."

Lee's rep says this is due to "a very serious circumstance."

Stan Lee will be turning 90 this December.

Stan Lee has cancelled an appearance at Ohio Comic Con next weekend. More troubling, the promoters of the event say they were informed that Stan Lee would be "unable to attend any upcoming appearances in the near future."

Though they say 'very serious' they don't elaborate any, could be any number of things, not necessarily pertaining to his health. But one to keep an eye on certainly

My guess is cancer diagnosis and needs to start treatment immediately.

My guess is cancer diagnosis and needs to start treatment immediately.

Well, guess we'll find out soon enough, his legion of devotees will need to be placated sooner or later

Pacemaker fitted.....is that good or bad?

Depends on why he has been given it.

My father had one fitted over 10 years ago and he is now 83 and still going.

Headliner Stan Lee is ill and “physically unable to travel” to this weekend’s Amazing Arizona Comic Convention in Phoenix, organizers announced overnight.

Headliner Stan Lee is ill and “physically unable to travel” to this weekend’s Amazing Arizona Comic Convention in Phoenix, organizers announced overnight.

Hmmm, another cancelled appearance. Let the speculation mount...

:( I hope he gets better & is able to make it to the Vancouver FanExpo, by April.

I hate to think of the population explosion caused by Stan Lee's death.

Future generations of nerds might actually get laid without the natural prophylactic that is a Marvel t-shirt. I don't think our current infrastructure can handle that.

• Like 1

I hate to think of the population explosion caused by Stan Lee's death.

Future generations of nerds might actually get laid without the natural prophylactic that is a Marvel t-shirt. I don't think our current infrastructure can handle that.

They're hardly gonna stop selling them just because he's died

Guest Guest

sorry to hear that Stan has died. RIP

Guest DC Comics Reader

Will they still keep making Superman after he's dead?

Marvel and Stan Lee never had any involvement in the production of Superman, so the answer is yes.