Death Watch Beatle

Stan Lee

5 minutes ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Most people don't get 70 or even 50 or 40 years with someone they love. So it doesn't seem sad at all to me. I mean, the guy won't have to live too long without her. It's simply their time to go.

Eh, I guess. (I... really did not think much when replying to this.)

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Probably longer than that. I mean people don't get married as soon as they meet them, do they? 

To know somebody before marriage is one thing, but to know someone during marriage is another. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

To know somebody before marriage is one thing, but to know someone during marriage is another. 

Is that "to know" in the Biblical sense? :P 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

He could live another ten days or another ten years without her.

I think this is devastating for him... and could accelerate his death. Maximum a couple of months 

Herman Wouk lost his beloved wife of 66 years in 2011 and after 7 years he's still with us in excellent mental shape.

On 4.6.2017 at 00:27, ObakeFilter said:

First time that i'm hearing about this subject, but apperantly there were claims for abuse against his wife that were investigated lately.

https://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/241790/Elder-abuse-investigation-of-Stan-Lees-daughter-shut-down

Remember this?

Well, what do you know.

13 hours ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Most people don't get 70 or even 50 or 40 years with someone they love. So it doesn't seem sad at all to me. I mean, the guy won't have to live too long without her. It's simply their time to go.

Well, I kind of agree and kind of don't. I do feel slightly sad when older folk pass away. I had a great aunt die at 100 a few years back, and while that is a great age to make it to, I still felt slightly sad of her passing. So some sadness can be felt at a great age. But your right in a sense. Most people don't get to live that long with their spouses, and while divorce is to blame for a lot of them, some people marriages sadly get cut short from an early death of one of them. Not many of them have the ability to reach old age together, so that's certainly an achievement for them. So when they do die, while it's still sad, it's nowhere near as heartbreaking as the death of Bradley Lowrey or Joey Feek, for example. But it's still okay to feel slightly sad. That comment I made was more on the fact that one of my major idols may not have that long to live, not feeling extremely super sad for her wife, cause I haven't heard a lot about her.

• Like 1

"Most people don't get 70 or even 50 or 40 years with someone they love. So it doesn't seem sad at all to me. I mean, the guy won't have to live too long without her. It's simply their time to go."

Especially because they were married for a long time it's so sad.

6 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, I kind of agree and kind of don't. I do feel slightly sad when older folk pass away. I had a great aunt die at 100 a few years back, and while that is a great age to make it to, I still felt slightly sad of her passing. So some sadness can be felt at a great age. But your right in a sense. Most people don't get to live that long with their spouses, and while divorce is to blame for a lot of them, some people marriages sadly get cut short from an early death of one of them. Not many of them have the ability to reach old age together, so that's certainly an achievement for them. So when they do die, while it's still sad, it's nowhere near as heartbreaking as the death of Bradley Lowrey or Joey Feek, for example. But it's still okay to feel slightly sad. That comment I made was more on the fact that one of my major idols may not have that long to live, not feeling extremely super sad for her wife, cause I haven't heard a lot about her.

Of course it can still be sad. 100 years may seem like a long time compared to others, but it probably passes much more quickly than we realize. Saying goodbye to someone you care about is always going to hurt. What I mean to say is that we all have to face the inevitable someday, and under these circumstances they got a happy ending. Finding someone who will love you early on and growing old with them is really the most we can ever hope for. Doesn't mean that it doesn't suck when it ends.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Prophet said:

"Most people don't get 70 or even 50 or 40 years with someone they love. So it doesn't seem sad at all to me. I mean, the guy won't have to live too long without her. It's simply their time to go."

Especially because they were married for a long time it's so sad.

Everybody dies, and some people have been immensely luckier than others.  I think it's sadder when someone dies without experiencing much happiness.

• Like 2

It's all a matter of perspective. It's probably quite a sad event for Stan Lee...

Still looks pretty healthy in this photo. 

Mind you, I think he does look slightly weaker than he was before his wife died...

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Oh dear, death all around him...

The smell of death surrounds him.

Of course, Gary Rossington, whom that song is written about, is still going iirc. Ronnie Van Zant and much of the rest of the band died a few weeks after recording it.

The Reaper - it's got Grade A black humour.

On 23.7.2017 at 22:01, msc said:

Of course, Gary Rossington, whom that song is written about, is still going iirc. Ronnie Van Zant and much of the rest of the band died a few weeks after recording it.

The Reaper - it's got Grade A black humour.

He had a procedure "to address some blockage in his arteries to the heart", not the first time:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/lynyrd-skynyrd-heart-attack-rumors/

Back on topic, it appears that there may be a court case for Stan Lee showing up at a New England comic con even though he already went to his last one...

I am not sure he will die soon... but I think he is undropable for now on... 

Yeah too famous to drop.

Is he? Next to the frequently dropped Mugabe and Kissinger?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

Is he? Next to the frequently dropped Mugabe and Kissinger?

Stan Lee has a huge cultural impact that is still very relevant today that Kissinger and Mugabe don't have. That why he is way too big to miss...

• Like 1