Death Watch Beatle

Stan Lee

On 2018. 02. 02. at 17:43, Mad Hatter2 said:

I don't think you guys are appreciating how serious being rushed to the hospital at age 96 with an irregular heart beat is. I do hope however, he pulls through and lives for another 5 years.

At such an old age it gets increasingly unlikely that someone would live for another 5 years, especially if they have recently lost their significant other after a long marriage. 

I feel that Stan Lee became noticeably frailer in the last couple of years, and the reports about sexual harrassment might indicate that his mental faculties are also waning. Even if the irregular heartbeat is a chronic problem, it could be fixed by a pacemaker, but I just don't think that he'd become a centenarian.

Just seen a quote on Twiter suggesting he is going to be at a con in Manilla in March. Not entirely convinced myself.

Do Americans not know the English meaning of "con"?  I always picture hordes of fans happily rushing to get ripped off at these events.

Oh wait though .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

i mean yes...but isnt the point of this website to put people who we are thinking will die this year?

Lol.

Yet there is also underhand subterfuge as well.

And as you are replying to The Kid from Cork, be AWARE.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Do Americans not know the English meaning of "con"?  I always picture hordes of fans happily rushing to get ripped off at these events.

Oh wait though .....

And at the DL con you'll be met by HCW with a stall of absolute tat :D

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2018 at 07:50, Bibliogryphon said:

Just seen a quote on Twiter suggesting he is going to be at a con in Manilla in March. Not entirely convinced myself.

I wonder if he will be going?

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

http://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/news/local/cleveland/stan-lee-cancels-cleveland-comic-con-appearance/95-522378319

Article on him pulling out of a public appearance in March and some fans being refunded. 

Interesting comments under the related Facebook notice... no bombshell, but interesting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seppuku said:

http://www.nme.com/news/film/marvel-creator-stan-lee-reveals-battle-with-pneumonia-2250148

Posted a video saying that he has been having a bout of pneumonia. Quite dangerous for a man his age, but still doesn't look as somebody at death's door. 

Could be soon to be DC-sed. Or maybe we'll marvel at his resilience some more. Sorry about that one. 

That was good new kid

I think it's starting to look more grim for him. Pneumonia is not something that most 95 year olds last a long time after getting it at that age, and the mortality rates after discharge are still pretty high. Not suggesting that he's going to die very soon,  but I can't see him making it another 2 years anymore...

Maybe he just realized all these convention appearances aren't quite cheap to get to...and he's always done them for free..

Hmm free not really. At the beginning of the decade he was 60 a comic and around 100 for any other item signed. He is now 125 per signature usually at shows. The line is outrageous, he signs an item about every 3 seconds, and all you can do is say hi. You pick up your item and walk away. My guess is he signs a 1,000 plus items at an average show bringing in over a 100 grand an appearance in which the promoter probably agrees to an autograph guarantee they pay the difference of the agreed upon amount if he does not reach a certain dollar amount.

It is a terrible experience now in which he can't see what or where he is signing anymore nor can he here you. He is usually heavily guarded from each location usually riding a hoverround, but sometimes he walks. I don't think he is enjoying himself at this point and only doing these signings because others rely on him to make their income.

I love the man and think he should retire to enjoy the remaining days with his daughter, but probably he won't.

What I will warn people is that his signature is the most common signature in the world now based on he many things he signs at a show and the cost still does not deter the line. Lee probably has over 500,000 signatures in the market place and may have over 1,000,000 signatures out there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Dead before Christmas

Which Christmas? 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Which Christmas? 

Father Christmas

• Haha 2