Sign in to follow this  
weatherman90

María Capovilla

Wikipedia's page for the world's oldest person, Marie Esther de Capovilla reports that she has died today, Aug. 27, 2006, at age 116 and 347 days. Normally I would dismiss it as vandalism, but it has been added in detail to her page, also to the recent deaths page, and on the bottom of the page the world's oldest person succession box has been edited to show her successor. In addition, the person who put this info on the page has a history of creating many articles about longevity and seems to be dedicated to the subject, so surely he can't be just yanking our chain? But no articles whatsoever come up on googleNews or any other website. Strange... ;):)

Wikipedia's page for the world's oldest person, Marie Esther de Capovilla reports that she has died today, Aug. 27, 2006, at age 116 and 347 days. Normally I would dismiss it as vandalism, but it has been added in detail to her page, also to the recent deaths page, and on the bottom of the page the world's oldest person succession box has been edited to show her successor. In addition, the person who put this info on the page has a history of creating many articles about longevity and seems to be dedicated to the subject, so surely he can't be just yanking our chain? But no articles whatsoever come up on googleNews or any other website. Strange... ;):)

Oh please make it so, those DDP points will be mine own.

I have not been able to find any confirmation of her death either. There are 16 ddp teams that would benefit if her demise could be confirmed.

Now if only Henry Allingham would oblige..

I have not been able to find any confirmation of her death either. There are 16 ddp teams that would benefit if her demise could be confirmed.

Well if she is dead, and gets a UK obit, I think I'll be in second place on the DDP, overtaking you ff. ;)

He has now listed a source for his death info: http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM, although I'm not sure if this website is trustworthy. I am going to wait until some news sources pick it up until I grant WDP points.

(Go to the bottom where it says Recent Deaths for 2006 in Chronological Order)

He has now listed a source for his death info: http://www.grg.org/Adams/E.HTM, although I'm not sure if this website is trustworthy. I am going to wait until some news sources pick it up until I grant WDP points.

The GRG site is the official site for the Guinness Book of Records! It's extremely trustworthy & can be taken that she is dead. The guy who posted it on, Robert Young is the official claims guy for Guinness, so if he says she dead, she's dead. He's probably been told by the family, but it'll be in the news soon.

The last survivor of the 1880s as it appears, seeing her birthdate of Sep 14, 1889.

Hey, come on, at least the world's oldest woman can have her own thread... :P

Isn't that Lizzie Bolden these days? :o

I must have been a hurry. The last post I made was even sloppier than I thought. It should read: "Hey, come on, at least the former world's oldest person can have her own thread". :P:o