Guest Guest

Steve Irwin

It's not quite the same only being the first member to report it but CRIKEY BLOODY DICK!!!.

How will The Animal Channel fill it's vacant hours now?

Sadness and sympathies to the family of course...

I read about Irwin's death on BBC news. I was expecting to see an outback-booted, green-socked and blood-soaked leg dangling from a tooth-grinning croc's mouth. But no, he was killed by a stingray. If there's an afterlife, Irwin will be bloody disappointed.

bbc.co.uk have set up one of their dreaded forms for people's 'reactions' to the death of this reptile-annoyer. Can't anyone be allowed to die without having condolences from fawning strangers put on the web? There'll be one for Saddam, you see if there isn't :

"I remember first seeing him on TV in 1990 smiling at those British guests of his in palace. Sure he gassed the Kurds in an unprovoked attack, but he grew a really great beard in his later years and that's what matters! Queztacoatl J. Montezuma, Houghton Conquest, Beds."

Very sad news indeed. As mentioned by the previous poster, I expected that if Steve Irwin were to die prematurely, it would be due to a mishap with a crocodile.

I guess this means that he won't be dangling his kids over the mouths of feeding crocs again any time soon. It's too bad, I was going to nominate "any one Steve Irwin offspring" for 2007

Is Troy Tempest under arrest? <_<

I guess this means that he won't be dangling his kids over the mouths of feeding crocs again any time soon. It's too bad, I was going to nominate "any one Steve Irwin offspring" for 2007

I don't believe he did dangle "his kids over the mouths of feeding crocs" but makes for a great story, you're not a journo by any chance are you Cowboy Ronnie ?

"Don't worry, mate, stingrays can't swim backwards." ~ Steve Irwin on Stingrays
according to uncyclopedia

I saw it on the Internet so it must be true.

I don't believe he did dangle "his kids over the mouths of feeding crocs" but makes for a great story, you're not a journo by any chance are you Cowboy Ronnie ?

He did however hold his son a meter away from the jaws of a crocodile during one of his shows at the Queensland Zoo in 2004. Take a look at this link below:

No charges after croc baby stunt

Despite his profession and its obvious risks, this did actually come as quite a shock this morning when I heard.

My son, bless him, is absolutely distraught which surprised me somewhat, but I'm betting he'll cheer up immensely when and if he gets to see the inevitable leaked footage of the death on the 'Net. Only eleven, but already developing a healthy fascination with death.

And so, I can scrub 'go to Australia Zoo and watch Steve Irwin feed crocs' off my things to do before I'm 40 list.

Which is handy, because in all honesty I doubt if I could go that long on a plane without a fag.

He did however hold his son a meter away from the jaws of a crocodile during one of his shows at the Queensland Zoo in 2004. Take a look at this link below:

No charges after croc baby stunt

thanks FF, that link is to the incident to which I was referring. I'm not a journalist, just a sensationalist

Tragic, but inevitable.

Very tragic. As mad daredevil types go, I quite liked him.

Despite his profession and its obvious risks, this did actually come as quite a shock this morning when I heard.

My son, bless him, is absolutely distraught which surprised me somewhat, but I'm betting he'll cheer up immensely when and if he gets to see the inevitable leaked footage of the death on the 'Net. Only eleven, but already developing a healthy fascination with death.

And so, I can scrub 'go to Australia Zoo and watch Steve Irwin feed crocs' off my things to do before I'm 40 list.

Which is handy, because in all honesty I doubt if I could go that long on a plane without a fag.

Come on mate, It's not that far from the Terrier to Croc farm in 'Beerwah' on the Sunshine Coast, now the Three Magpies yes!

That'll save you a few quid BHB, if the nipper kicks up about being denied the proximity to wildlife you could compromise and take him to a seal sanctuary or summat, meaning you'd be able to stop at the motorway services and have a smoke en route.

Shame about Steve Irwin mind.

Quite a surprise really, and yet the man has been asking for it for over 10 years.

What with poking and pulling crocs not to mention twiddling and tampering with deadly snakes.

You really can only get away with that kind of behaviour for so long.

This is why David Attenborough will probably see his nineties and Steve Irwin is now decomposing.

STREWTH!