I firmly believe that this story has been reported on the forum, but can't actually find any posts to that effect. The search gave me plenty of options, none of which I have trawled through. Therefore, if this is old news, please delete away.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objec...-name_page.html

DWB :dead:

I firmly believe that this story has been reported on the forum, but can't actually find any posts to that effect. The search gave me plenty of options, none of which I have trawled through. Therefore, if this is old news, please delete away.

I believe that's the first time it's been reported on DL. great find DWB!!

Obvoiusly not many people get the record then........... Mind you, I don't get it either now I'm in Wales

DWB <_<

Obvoiusly not many people get the record then........... Mind you, I don't get it either now I'm in Wales

Apparently not a heart attack but a chest infection.

Roy Hudd (aged 70) has been taken ill whilst filming Fred's funeral scenes in Corrie.

Link

"John Savident rose from the coffin to help him as they waited for an ambulance"

I do sincerely hope they captured that moment on film!!!

It's absolutely certain they did, can't find it on t'net as of this morning mind. The crew on corrie are amongst the best paid of their kind in the UK, so like the demise of Tommy Cooper it's a moment that might never be leaked.

Shame, Savident's intervention would be summat to see. 'He's had a coronary, I say.....'

Hope Fred won't want to make him into sausages.

BUMP....

Was on the celebrity chase tonight. Lost lots and lots of weight. Apparently had a gastric band fitted.  Now at 83, might be a possibility for next year? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

BUMP....

Was on the celebrity chase tonight. Lost lots and lots of weight. Apparently had a gastric band fitted.  Now at 83, might be a possibility for next year? 

Noticed that a couple of weeks ago when he made a guest appearance in Casualty.

15 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

BUMP....

That was a repeat having been first broadcast in August 2017 and most probably recorded in early 2017. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

BUMP....

Bumped after 13 years, you've got a good memory.

3 hours ago, ebless said:

Bumped after 13 years, you've got a good memory.

Not really. I was going to start one but, checked the search function and there he was. 

He was recently interviewed and asked about his weight loss.

He said something like 'i'm not ready to cark it yet' or something along those lines.

He is a deffo legend, an unsung one in the way that Barry Cryer ( who does seem to be a bit iffy at the mo ) is.

Will be a sad day when they both go.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

His extensive archive is going to the University of Kent: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-50349634

Ah, panto. The opportunities for many generations of students to extensively research its history.....who we kidding?

Hmm

So, I got a freebie to an evening with Hudd by way of earning a few quid - can't say I was beside myself with excitement for that gig but...

Basically, the man's a walking authority on the music hall and similar working class entertainments of the past and much of that archive is stuff he gathered to save it from the rubbish bin. All of which means it's a treasure trove of information on the most bizarre novelty acts, the history of regional theatres and the like. So, it may well have research uses and be a good addition to a university.

• Like 3

This guy seems to have updated Roy's Wiki page to say he's died:

Now I'd normally write it off as vandalism, but the "ukulele player" in his bio should give us all pause.

So, is he dead?

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

This guy seems to have updated Roy's Wiki page to say he's died:

Now I'd normally write it off as vandalism, but the "ukulele player" in his bio should give us all pause.

So, is he dead?

Good find Will

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Looks like it was a hoax.

I'd have thought so.

There are some considerable miles between Stowmarket and Farnborough. But the love of the ukulele is universal....:lol:

Not heard anything and Roy Hudd is a mutual friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Such a shame I always liked Roy Hudd

• Like 1