Crispy

Tony Blair

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

He looks more like 87 in that photo.

Oh, I dunno, he doesn't look THAT old.

He looks a cross between David Bradley and William Hartnell in Dr Who.

• Haha 2

Blair reminds me of someone I know...

521754365320.jpg.b2cd649301ec919052bf25b60c02be7e.jpg

293095721570.thumb.jpg.4f4543351d48ba6cb3bbd5197e251829.jpg

• Like 1

He could qualify only as Dobbys evil humanoid twin.

41 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

He could qualify only as Dobbys evil humanoid twin.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

He's gone full LBJ

All good done domestically while in power is forever tarnished by a legacy of a major foreign policy catastrophe 

DvYHV1YWoAAQaK4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Fucking shoot me. Maybe   George  Bush for a peerage next year.  Blair becomes 'Sir Tony' and joins top royal order - BBC News

If this isn't proof the honours system is pointless I don't know what is. 

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

If this isn't proof the honours system is pointless I don't know what is. 

He was Prime Minister for over a decade. That probably deserving of that kind of award.

PS. Theres no such thing as a war criminal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

Theres no such thing as a war criminal. 

I know you’re a long-term troll, but still, I’m intrigued; Explain this bit.

5 hours ago, TQR said:

I know you’re a long-term troll, but still, I’m intrigued; Explain this bit.

It’s just an invention for if you can’t pin anything else on a world leader you don’t like. There’s also no such thing as an illegal war as it is the right of any sovereign state to declare was if they want to. 

Also, it’s a war. They tend not to be renowned for their civility. 

Tony Blair was a good PM. 

Must be Gordon Brown’s turn soon as well. After all it’s always been reported the Queen disliked Blair more than Brown. 

44 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Must be Gordon Brown’s turn soon as well. After all it’s always been reported the Queen disliked Blair more than Brown. 

He’ll get the Knight of the Thistle most likely. If he accepts. 

Cameron is angling to be the first knight of the Most Excellent Order of the Pig. 

3 hours ago, Windsor said:

It’s just an invention for if you can’t pin anything else on a world leader you don’t like. There’s also no such thing as an illegal war as it is the right of any sovereign state to declare was if they want to. 

Also, it’s a war. They tend not to be renowned for their civility. 

Tony Blair was a good PM. 

That’s simply not true. The Iraq war violated the UN charter and international humanitarian law. There are also International Regulations of Warfare (such as those outlined in the Geneva convention).

Not to mention the UN Sec Gen at the time Kofi Annan or John Chilcott’s lengthy and damning report, even Jack Straw (Blair’s foreign sec) and John Prescott (Blair’s DPM) have said the war broke international laws and didn’t seek advice from the UN on the matter, another dubious act.

Not only was the war illegal in many a relevant opinion (certainly enough to warrant a trial for the likes of Blair and Bush), all those lives lost, all that destruction, it was all completely unnecessary.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Windsor said:

He was Prime Minister for over a decade. That probably deserving of that kind of award.

PS. Theres no such thing as a war criminal. 

Well let's hope the UK is never like iraq. Let's hope during that time someone doesn't order others to drop a bomb on your family home that leaves  most/all of family blown to bits . I'm sure you'd say the same thing. It's very easy to dehumanise and dismiss Iraqi deaths as they don't show the horrors of war of the news and when they do its usually fake. Let's not forget there weren't any weapons of mass destruction.

This is why I don't trust the media now with regards to the pandemic for example. Known repeated liars shouldn't be trusted.

https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/09/19/opinion/columns/bbc-admits-fake-news-syria-did-not-gas-its-people/1815246

Nayirah testimony.

download-4.jpeg

The UN is a joke and The Hague is a waste of time and money.

A war is a war. If a sovereign state gels the need to bomb another for its own protection, it has every right to do that.

9 minutes ago, Windsor said:

The UN is a joke and The Hague is a waste of time and money.

A war is a war. If a sovereign state gels the need to bomb another for its own protection, it has every right to do that.

That’s all opinion.

Factually, you’re wrong.

48 minutes ago, TQR said:

That’s all opinion.

Factually, you’re wrong.

Factually I’m right. 

You can tell me I’m wrong when Putin, Blair et all are prosecuted as war criminals. 

4 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Factually I’m right. 

You can tell me I’m wrong when Putin, Blair et all are prosecuted as war criminals. 

“There’s no such thing as an illegal war” is what you initially said, and then when I proved you wrong, all you managed to do was shit out an off-the-cuff opinion.

Also, by the logic you used just then, if I ran you over and didn’t get prosecuted for it, factually I didn’t run you over.

Just now, TQR said:

“There’s no such thing as an illegal war” is what you initially said, and then when I proved you wrong, all you managed to do was shit out an off-the-cuff opinion.

Also, by the logic you used just then, if I ran you over and didn’t get prosecuted for it, factually I didn’t run you over.

There is no such thing as an illegal war. It’s an invention. 

The UN and The Hague or anybody else could pass a resolution that fairies exist. Doesn’t make it so. 

Just now, Windsor said:

There is no such thing as an illegal war. It’s an invention. 

The UN and The Hague or anybody else could pass a resolution that fairies exist. Doesn’t make it so. 

The UK govt could write into law that fairies exist. It’d be ridiculous, but it’d still be a law.

• Like 1

I don't nothing about these wars, but all I headed growing up is that Blair's a cunt

Who cares anyway . Establishment giving their lackeys little medals to tell them they're doing a good job. It's a great identifier to who you shouldn't trust.

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Who cares anyway . Establishment giving their lackeys little medals to tell them they're doing a good job. It's a great identifier to who you shouldn't trust.

Some of the medals are actually pretty big and sparkly. So fuck you. 

7 hours ago, TQR said:

The UK govt could write into law that fairies exist. It’d be ridiculous, but it’d still be a law.

Fuck sake, don't encourage them - the law would be followed by a slew of deluded narcissists demanding species realignment surgery!

• Haha 2