Dr Hackenslash

Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown will survive this plot.

Whats more - he will win the general election.

Point one: Probably

Point two: <_<:blush::D

Windsor, you may be right. The opposition doesn't inspire many people, the electorate are bored and we shall probably end up with a hung parliament.

The real question is why the hell would he (or anyone else) ever want the job. The mess that he has created will take forever to clear up. The debt facing the country is staggering. If any one can't be bothered to read all of this the pertinent figures are on page 13: Total debt is around £4,090 billion which equates to 270% of GDP (worse than Zimbabwe) and is around £70,000 for every UK inhabitant.

Bring back William Hague!

I think that the Hoon/Hewitt-initiative - however unusual it may be - will turn out to be a brilliant political move. If Brown wins the vote of confidence, it will finally make his leadership undisputed, it will make things clearer for the MP's ánd the electorate, and it will strenghten his position afterwards. If he loses, it will force Labour to come up with a new leader before the elections (and as that is almost undoable, there's just no way he can lose...).

As I'm not British, I'm not sure about the possiblities of a hung parliament. Will they be forced to form a coalition with the LibDems or is a minority government thinkable?

It's none of my concern, of course, but don't be too eager to ask for a Labour defeat. There's lessons to be drawn from the past...

Windsor, you may be right. The opposition doesn't inspire many people, the electorate are bored and we shall probably end up with a hung parliament.

The real question is why the hell would he (or anyone else) ever want the job. The mess that he has created will take forever to clear up. The debt facing the country is staggering. If any one can't be bothered to read all of this the pertinent figures are on page 13: Total debt is around £4,090 billion which equates to 270% of GDP (worse than Zimbabwe) and is around £70,000 for every UK inhabitant.

Bring back William Hague!

Can't we invent financial services EU subsidies, akin to keeping French farmers in jobs purely because it is their birth right regardless of whether their business is commercially viable? In the words of Alan Partridge (EU give us our) cashback! Let the Germans maintain our unhealthy birth right of unsecure credit.

Cameron is weasily, I don't like him. If we do have to have a Tory government fuck us over further at least let us have a laugh in the process, get Boris in the post.

I haven't said it in a while so in case you have forgotten my stance, all politicians are a crock of shit.

The mess that he has created will take forever to clear up.

The mess HE created ?????? What mess? If you are referring to the global downturn/recession/watever, You cannot seriously blame one prime minister. (Personally, I blame the bankers) Or am I not picking your comments correctly?

I'd rather stick with the devil I know in this case, and suggest he is most probably the best person to get us out the mess.

*Dons tin hat and waits for the fallout

The mess that he has created will take forever to clear up.

The mess HE created ?????? What mess? If you are referring to the global downturn/recession/watever, You cannot seriously blame one prime minister. (Personally, I blame the bankers) Or am I not picking your comments correctly?

I'd rather stick with the devil I know in this case, and suggest he is most probably the best person to get us out the mess.

*Dons tin hat and waits for the fallout

If any fingers can be pointed regarding the cause of the banking crisis and the subsequent recession then they should point in Bill Clinton's direction, he it was who instructed American banks to lend to create more home-owners (a la Margaret Thatcher). However Gordon's reign as Chancellor has left our economy badly placed to weather the storm.

Among his errors:

• Inflating enormous debt bubble
  • Destroying pension schemes
  • Massive PFI off-balance-sheet debts
  • Massively increasing tax burden through fiscal drag
  • Selling Gold reserves just before Gold tripled in value
  • Creating the biggest trade deficit in 10 years

(This list continues ad infinitum........)

As to sticking with him..... His votes are most likely to come from those who are paid by him* hence his desire to create even more government and the costs associated with it. A Viv Nicholson "spend spend spend" policy.

The alternatives that are available to us are equally poor. Cameron and Osbourne are utterly uninspiring. Clegg has said that in the event of a hung parliament he will support which ever party has the larger vote; Jesus that fence post must be a long way up his arse...

A pox on the lot of them.

*Currently 1 in 3 of the working population receive ALL their income from the government, in Newcastle that rises to 75%

If any fingers can be pointed regarding the cause of the banking crisis and the subsequent recession then they should point in Bill Clinton's direction, he it was who instructed American banks to lend to create more home-owners (a la Margaret Thatcher). However Gordon's reign as Chancellor has left our economy badly placed to weather the storm.

And there was me thinking it was all to do with the desire of some countries to trade oil in euros rather than dollars.

When things get tough for Labour, they dredge out Gordon Brown. After months of silence, he finally weighs in (at around 240+ pounds) on the anti-Semitism row: http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-02/gordon-brown-expects-jeremy-corbyn-to-change-anti-semitism-definition-stance-in-fight-for-soul-of-the-party/

That should go down well with Middle England who rejected him in 2010....

Meantime, we have two threads for the beast of Kirkcaldy. Time for a merge if the gods of DeathList desire it:

16 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

That should go down well with Middle England who rejected him in 2010....

Who cares?

From Glasgow.

• Haha 1

Remember Middle England is where this imperfect Union is won or lost...

Depends who they hate most...blacks or Jews.

E.g. How do people feel, when a PM renowned for chucking out Jamaicans over Windrush is suddenly sucking the appendages and kissing the phat cakes of the leaders of African nations?

I didn't really pay much attention of late, but here's Gordon at a thing last week and blimey, he's getting on a bit now.

DpK1yxwXoAAsk31.jpg

My.

Reminds me of the old joke.

What's the difference between John Smith and Gala ?

Gala deserved a by pass.

Bump for his selection in 2019...

587aaf8ea407b_gordonbattery.gif.c60c45ef86156ea9796f709cab95771f.gif.7fd6339ab2d3b1a2678d1929676d3492.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/10/2018 at 12:41, msc said:

I didn't really pay much attention of late, but here's Gordon at a thing last week and blimey, he's getting on a bit now.

DpK1yxwXoAAsk31.jpg

Has anyone ever seen Gordon Brown and Dave Allen together? Did Dave Allen really croak?

Looks awful at the Remembrance Service. Limping badly and at some points it looked like he was shaking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Looks awful at the Remembrance Service. Limping badly and at some points it looked like he was shaking. 

Looked worse than Major in photos I've seen from today, which is a shock!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Comped said:

Looked worse than Major in photos I've seen from today, which is a shock!

For 80 John Major looks very well.

Wouldn't be surprised if Major survives Brown, Blair and May. Despite the stresses he faced in seven years as Prime Minister, he didn't appear to let it get to him as certain others. 

• Like 1

Gordon's been looking sadly ghastly for a while. He's also got extremely limited sight in his remaining eye.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, msc said:

Gordon's been looking sadly ghastly for a while. He's also got extremely limited sight in his remaining eye.

He doesn't actually have a glass eye, right?

As for his remaining vision... Has to be worse since the two retinal years in 2009? As someone with eye issues myself, that raises alarm bells..

If I was a betting man, I'd expect them to go in the following order:

Brown

May

Major

Blair

Johnson

Cameron

Sunak

Truss 

I've met four of them so that's not totally speculative but it is mostly. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1