Dr Hackenslash

Gordon Brown

Afternoon all,

I haven't posted much as of late, but have been kept entertained by the debates.

I would like to suggest Gordon Brown, PM-in-waiting, current Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Why, I hear you ask?

Well...perhaps it's just a feeling, but Scottish politicians have a habit of wilting under pressure.

James Gordon Brown, as he was Christened, is 55-years-old and will soon, it seems, be moving into one of the more stressful of jobs with the media against him, as it seems the Fourth Estate want to destroy Blair's creation.

He has one eye, due to a rugby accident as a child, although that might not make any difference.

Just throwing the name up, any thoughts or have I lost it again?

This thread really should be merged with Tony Blairs, Gordo aint gonna die anytime soon (shame).

Old one-eye is a dour bastard, It fair gives me the creeps when he attempts to smile, scary.

Sad to say he is not going to leave us just yet, but one can but hope.

I mentioned in another thread about the rumours of a very high up member of the cabinet being a cross-dresser, but this particular thread had not been started then..............

It didn't get much reaction then either.

I mentioned in another thread about the rumours of a very high up member of the cabinet being a cross-dresser, but this particular thread had not been started then..............

Gordon Brown as a cross-dresser? Surely not.

I have my suspicions about other members of the cabinet, but surely not One-Eye?

I'd also love to find out more about the trip to the USA, years back, when Brown and Blair apparently shared a bed (no suggestion of anything untoward)...

Doubt he'll do a John Smith on us, his health is too closely monitored and - more to the point - even if he makes it to number 10 he'll probably only last a couple of years before he's killed off - in a manner of speaking - by the electorate.

Can any experts / statisticians among us let us know if one-eyed people have a shorter life expectancy than two-eyed people?

I don't know about life expectancy, but they're statistically more likely to be kings in the land of the blind.

Can any experts / statisticians among us let us know if one-eyed people have a shorter life expectancy than two-eyed people?

I'm not a statistician but I'd say almost certainly yes for three main reasons;

Increased accident risk.

The fact that one fairly common cause of lost eyes is cancer and - therefore - once you've got it it might come back.

Most people losing eyes for other than accidental reasons will be older, with increased health risks all round.

So - in other words - I'd guess it's likely cylopdians (just made that word up, I think), have statistically shorter lives but I also think it likely that Gordon Brown has many things going in his favour for a longer life.

I think it's Ruth Kelly. Her real name is Rodney.

Regular health checks, access to the best private medicine instantly, good quality food; assuming he chooses to take advantage of the benefit, a job that plainly interests him despite the stresses and a highly developed sense of his own self-worth (whatever anyone else thinks), oh aye; and the chance of work and other activities that'll keep his mind active and engaged long into old age if he wants it.

That's about yer lot.

Okay, that makes sense.

And I suppose he doesn't have a daughter who tried to top herself two years ago like some of his neighbours, so there's less stress there...

:banghead:

Hack, not being that interested in politics I'm missing the snide reference in yer post but gagging to know what's gannin' on. Did Blair's daughter suffer a near-terminal bout of shame or was it some other major politico?

Hack, not being that interested in politics I'm missing the snide reference in yer post but gagging to know what's gannin' on. Did Blair's daughter suffer a near-terminal bout of shame or was it some other major politico?

You can read about her on this thread mpfc, The Yeti posted a link about 6 entries down.

I think it's Ruth Kelly. Her real name is Rodney.

My source says it is Gordon.

He's no cross dresser, he's just cross, end of, cos the neighbours won't F*****g move out!

He's no cross dresser, he's just cross, end of, cos the neighbours won't F*****g move out!

Perhaps he should leave his sleeping tablets lying around then :D

Afternoon all,

I haven't posted much as of late, but have been kept entertained by the debates.

I would like to suggest Gordon Brown, PM-in-waiting, current Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Why, I hear you ask?

Well...perhaps it's just a feeling, but Scottish politicians have a habit of wilting under pressure.

James Gordon Brown, as he was Christened, is 55-years-old and will soon, it seems, be moving into one of the more stressful of jobs with the media against him, as it seems the Fourth Estate want to destroy Blair's creation.

He has one eye, due to a rugby accident as a child, although that might not make any difference.

Just throwing the name up, any thoughts or have I lost it again?

Yes you have lost it.

If Gordon Brown commits suicide; in classic Les Denis style,

"I'll give you the money myself"

Hack, re the hunch, I keep assumin' you're summat in medicine and working amongst the notoriously unhealthy living scots. Is this the case?

Hack, re the hunch, I keep assumin' you're summat in medicine and working amongst the notoriously unhealthy living scots. Is this the case?

That would be a delightful job, but no. I am the other kind of hack!

What, yer a mass murderer? C'mon man, help us with the woeful success rate this year!

1. He has a historic destiny to 'die young' following the example of his hero Labour Leader John Smith MP.

2. He will die soon because his long-held ambition to be PM must be perceived as 'heroic' (i.e. totally futile).

3. If (1) - (2) fail he will chop himself to death with a hand gesture in a soon to be delivered speech.

4. If (1)-(3) fail he will bore himself to death see (5) below.

5. He has actually :) said his ambition is 'winning hearts and minds' [sic].

6. This and similar statements are regrettably broadcast world-wide thus ensuring ultimate self destruction.

Didn't you - or a very close relative - spend several posts trying to convince Castro was hours away from death?

I think Brown's next near death experience will be a slaughtering in 2009 when an inconclusive general election poll leaves political chaos and gives everyone the result they don't want, i.e. that lifeless sack of sh*t leading the Lib Dems ends up as a powerbroker. Or summat.

Brown will die an old man. In fact - sick as it sounds - despite becoming a father very late, it'll take a major medical breakthrough to give him more than one surviving child when he goes.