Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

No English obit for Guillet yet, but The Man in Black's Death Disco scores five points on the demise of Irwin Barker:

Never Came To Maryport - 31

Simfish InquilineKea - 23

To Die For - 19

The Man in Black's Death Disco - 16

Canadian Paul - 14

Misers - 14

2 Farts and a Splash - 13

Death Impends - 13

Death's Primetime - 13

Devon Death Trip - 13

Windsor the Troll - 12

Octopus of Odstock - 9

STAB_in-the_DARK - 9

The Unknown Man's Horsemen of Apocalypse - 9

Dead to the World - 4

Handrejka's Smorgueasboard - 4

Vaagheid - 4

Bit disappointed with the lack of obit action for Amedeo Guillet. Though the them team has been such a non-event this year for me that his death would have been of virtually no consequence. Oddly, I searched him and a few others online before nominating them and Guillet turned up in most of the broadsheets who took his book very seriously a few years ago.

Bit disappointed with the lack of obit action for Amedeo Guillet. Though the them team has been such a non-event this year for me that his death would have been of virtually no consequence. Oddly, I searched him and a few others online before nominating them and Guillet turned up in most of the broadsheets who took his book very seriously a few years ago.

Woes for MPFC continue, at least for now, as classicist Bernard Knox died over a week ago but, alas, the news has only surfaced at Harvard.

I think that's the only CPDP related death this month, but I'll have to do a more careful check this weekend, in addition to the former picks... I know George Steinbrenner goes in the Hall of Ghosts for certain...

What about Alex Higgins? I seem to recall him being one of the Picks (before the Site went)

What about Alex Higgins? I seem to recall him being one of the Picks (before the Site went)

I thought you might have been right, but I just checked and no, apparentely not.

Still nothing for Knox, but Otto Joachim, who emailed the webmaster of this site just to let them know that he was still alive, will join the Hall of Ghosts.

Didn't i have prince Carlos Hugo on my theme team?

Didn't i have prince Carlos Hugo on my theme team?

Indeed - good spot, I'd have totally missed that. Only other relevant deaths I caught were Edwin Morgan and Francisco Varallo for the Hall of Ghosts... not much to say as the CPDP sputters to its final demise. I'll updated the final scores in a day or two.

There's loads to say like..............It's been emotional CP, thanks for your years/weeks/days/hours of selfless devotion.

There's loads to say like..............It's been emotional CP, thanks for your years/weeks/days/hours of selfless devotion.

Thanks MPFC... and congratulations, since you are the winner! Laurent Fignon's death was an interesting last-minute surprise, but overall the final two counting deaths of the year served only to further cement the leaders in each category... which means that Vaagheid ends up as the winner in the Theme Team category, so congratulations to you as well!

Here's the final regular scoreboard:

Never Came To Maryport - 35

To Die For - 19

Death Impends - 17

Death's Primetime - 17

Devon Death Trip - 17

Canadian Paul - 14

Misers - 14

Octopus of Odstock - 13

Windsor the Troll - 12

The Man in Black's Death Disco - 11

STAB_in-the_DARK - 9

Vaagheid - 8

Dead to the World - 4

And the final Theme Team scoreboard:

Vaagheids Dutchspeaking Theme - 29

Born in 1919, Dead in 2010? - 16

He's not going to sell much ice cream going at that speed, is he? - 11

Sheer Hart Attack - 10

Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines! - 6

Cardinals - 5

Cartoons and Corpses - 5

Old Soldiers Don’t Fade Away, (They cark and get news coverage) - 4

Surviving co-stars of James Stewart - 4

and everyone else at 0

Thanks for the memories guys. Now let's never speak of this again.

Thanks for all your efforts CP, it will be missed. Good luck with all the important things in your life which are taking focus right now.

I count my theme team win a few years back as one of my proudest DP moments.

Thanks for all your efforts CP, it will be missed. Good luck with all the important things in your life which are taking focus right now.

I count my theme team win a few years back as one of my proudest DP moments.

The proudest one of all could be coming soon OoO...:pop:

Just came back from a couple of days in London, so it was a nice suprise to read this.

Thanks MPFC... and congratulations, since you are the winner! Laurent Fignon's death was an interesting last-minute surprise, but overall the final two counting deaths of the year served only to further cement the leaders in each category... which means that Vaagheid ends up as the winner in the Theme Team category, so congratulations to you as well!

Here's the final regular scoreboard:

Never Came To Maryport - 35

To Die For - 19

Death Impends - 17

Death's Primetime - 17

Devon Death Trip - 17

Canadian Paul - 14

Misers - 14

Octopus of Odstock - 13

Windsor the Troll - 12

The Man in Black's Death Disco - 11

STAB_in-the_DARK - 9

Vaagheid - 8

Dead to the World - 4

And the final Theme Team scoreboard:

Vaagheids Dutchspeaking Theme - 29

Born in 1919, Dead in 2010? - 16

He's not going to sell much ice cream going at that speed, is he? - 11

Sheer Hart Attack - 10

Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines! - 6

Cardinals - 5

Cartoons and Corpses - 5

Old Soldiers Don’t Fade Away, (They cark and get news coverage) - 4

Surviving co-stars of James Stewart - 4

and everyone else at 0

Thanks for the memories guys. Now let's never speak of this again.

Finally, on the highly off chance that one of my own candidates dies before I get the teams up today, here's my list so that no one thinks I've cheated:

Robert G. Robertson,

6 years later, dead @ 95 http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/Deaths.20130121.93311936/BDAStory/BDA/deaths

(Sorry if posted elsewhere but I did search)

I used to lovethis dead pool, much missed, and doubtless some of my old picks are still alive.

I used to lovethis dead pool, much missed, and doubtless some of my old picks are still alive.

Snap. Sure my whole "Order of Canada" team are still alive.

My main teams are nearly gone with only five left total: John Landeryou, John Matheson, and Theodore Van Kirk from 08-09 and Ronnie Biggs and Annette Funicello from 09-10...

6 from my cartoon roster are still alive: Deitch, Foray, Freberg, Road, Storch, and Waldo while there's still 9 out of 10 alive on my premature obits theme

Freddy Fender dies.

Canadian obit

Congratulations to the following teams:

Canadian Paul

CarolAnn

DevonDeathTrip

F**k F**k Fuckety F**k F**k

Slave to the Grave

The Judean People's Front

The Tim O'Tays

This is the very first time I've ever been in the lead in a deadpool! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. :rolleyes:

Those were the days! :lol:

I loved the CPDP and I too would be very happy to see it come back. I also miss Canadian Paul's contributions to Death List. Sadly he hasn't posted here for a long time and I don't think he's entered a DDP team this year either. A while ago I gave some thought to reviving the CPDP format myself on these very forums, as Rotten Ali has done so successfully with the Hartlepool Dead Pool, not that it ever completely expired. I'll mull over the idea some more.

Freddy Fender dies.

Canadian obit

Congratulations to the following teams:

Canadian Paul

CarolAnn

DevonDeathTrip

F**k F**k Fuckety F**k F**k

Slave to the Grave

The Judean People's Front

The Tim O'Tays

This is the very first time I've ever been in the lead in a deadpool! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. :rolleyes:

Those were the days! :lol:

I loved the CPDP and I too would be very happy to see it come back. I also miss Canadian Paul's contributions to Death List. Sadly he hasn't posted here for a long time and I don't think he's entered a DDP team this year either. A while ago I gave some thought to reviving the CPDP format myself on these very forums, as Rotten Ali has done so successfully with the Hartlepool Dead Pool, not that it ever completely expired. I'll mull over the idea some more.

It's my understanding that Canadian Paul achieved a level of success that few of us here could even dream about: he got a life...

• Like 1

CP may have got a life but...dammit...Death IS ours!! or summat.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone. On a whim, I opened my own CPDP email address and had a message from DDT pointing to me this thread, so I thought I'd pop my head in and let everyone know that I wasn't dead, physically at least. I haven't posted in a while due to real-life commitments but, rest assured, every time someone truly famous pops off, I think to myself "I bet the Deathlist got him" and stop by.