Sign in to follow this  
Canadian Paul

The Canadian Paul Deadpool

I'm a bit confused to the qualification for earning points for Ross Davidson.

Doesn't a BBC announcement count ?

It does, but it was only announced on the BBC at 10.30 GMT today.

I'm sure when out friend across the Atlantic wakes up, the scoreboard will be amended accordingly and four teams will be in joint first place. :)

Two hits in four days, it took me nine months to get that far on the DDP!

I have to say this is the most success I've had on any dead pool all year, I also score my first point on the WDP :)

Drat, I've underestimated how much people in the UK give a damn about Ross Davidson... Teodoro Obiang Nguema better be damn prepared to cark it in the coming year. :banghead:

Anyhow, still a hit for me in the WDP and, more importantly for four of you, points in the CPDP. I'll do the full update and email once I get back from my afternoon class.

Look on the bright side CP, your man in Pakistan has been given a new exectution date of November 1st.

I think my Bali bomber is going to end up in second position in this particular race.

Look on the bright side CP, your man in Pakistan has been given a new exectution date of November 1st.

I think my Bali bomber is going to end up in second position in this particular race.

I think Mr. Hussain illustrates a good point about DL, namely that we're not betting on who we want to die, just who we think will die. Personally, I think there's some shady goings on with this whole trial thing and his conviction, but that doesn't change the fact that he's likely to be executed regardless. The justice side of me hopes that he'll live, the Deadpooling side of me realizes that the chances of that happening are slim. :banghead:

In any case, site updated now.

CP,

I think you've missed out the points for Slave To The Grave for picking Ross Davidson

Many thanks

Phantom

CP,

I think you've missed out the points for Slave To The Grave for picking Ross Davidson

Many thanks

Phantom

Errr... no I didn't... she has her four points...

CP,

Many thanks

Phantom

ermmm didn't she also pick Freddy Fender too?

CP,

Many thanks

Phantom

But only on her theme team. Thus she has 4 points on her ordinary team and 4 points under "Team Transplant" :banghead:

CP,

Many thanks

Phantom

But only on her theme team. Thus she has 4 points on her ordinary team and 4 points under "Team Transplant" :)

ahhh ok, that's what totally confused me :D

The Mayne man has carked it.

F**k F**k Fuckety and meself are four points up on this 'un if I do me sums right, -1 for his cancer but a mere slip of a lad at 77.

F**k F**k Fuckety and meself are four points up on this 'un if I do me sums right, -1 for his cancer but a mere slip of a lad at 77.

Does that mean Tempus has knocked me off equal first place? Probably a good thing, I was starting to get delusions of brilliance :)

Mayne is in my theme team so I'll get points, but as he's in your main team mpfc he needs to get a BBC, CNN or Canadian obit for you to collect the points.

He worked for the Beeb, and have you seen the scale of the Telegraph obit? No sleep currently being lost in West Cumbria over his chances of getting an obit. He'll certainly be on the Radio Four obit programme this Friday because they'll be able to edit most of the piece for him from existing archive clips. I'm guessing that would count points wise.

Well done MPFC and F*ckity F*ck etc

An inspired choice. :)

Oh well, I guess I'm in joint 2nd place now :)

He'll certainly be on the Radio Four obit programme this Friday because they'll be able to edit most of the piece for him from existing archive clips. I'm guessing that would count points wise.

Think it has to be a online article for this DP.

I'm sure CP will come along & confirm soon.

Ah yes, what a better reward coming home from a difficult midterm than to see a chance to update the site?

DDT and Phantom, you'll still be in 1st place with TF no matter what - TF chose Mayne for his theme team.

TF and OoO are right - TF has the points for his theme team already, MPFC needs an online BBC, CNN or Canadian.

Seeing as how the BBC gave Ross one, and given the sheer size of the Telegraph version, I'd say there's a fair chance that your Mayne man will get one.

He worked for the Beeb, and have you seen the scale of the Telegraph obit? No sleep currently being lost in West Cumbria over his chances of getting an obit. He'll certainly be on the Radio Four obit programme this Friday because they'll be able to edit most of the piece for him from existing archive clips. I'm guessing that would count points wise.

Still no sign of that BBC Michael Mayne online obit mpfc, starting to get worried yet? :D

Still no sign of that BBC Michael Mayne online obit mpfc, starting to get worried yet? :D

I've updated the site in any case. If the BBC (or, for that matter, CNN or a Canadian Paper) picks up the story online, points will be amended accordingly, ala Ross Davidson.

Worried? no

Pissed Off? Yep, but I'm working on it, get me the BBC on the phone now!

The man was a living legend, or summat.

If you're going to mess around with "also rans" what do you expect MPFC? I'd chuck your copy of Crockfords in the bin.

It ain't over till it's over Godot but I thought this a good call given the man's sterling service to the BBC. They're often pretty good at reporting the demise of their own and their religious and ethical news does run to several items a day. I'll admit to a certain disappointment at this stage but we ain't totally out of the woods until;

a; The weekly updated news sites around the world, including Canada, have reported. Given the Canadian/UK church links don't rule out his appearance there.

b; They're buried, cremated or fed him to the dogs. Mebbe the service will warrant a one-liner on the BBC's online source.

Worried? no

Pissed Off? Yep, but I'm working on it, get me the BBC on the phone now!

The man was a living legend, or summat.

Be patient...BBC came up with the Peter Barkworth obit a few days after he popped it so...

It ain't over till it's over Godot but I thought this a good call given the man's sterling service to the BBC. They're often pretty good at reporting the demise of their own.

They never mentioned Patrick Allen's death despite all the shows he starred in for them. :birthday:

Aye but Allen was basically a talented entertainer, the Mayne man did stuff, church wise, academic wise and BBC wise. I'll tell ya what, it'll be a real wind up if they lionise him on tomorrow's Radio Four obit show and miss him off the web. I might even start whimperin' to Canadian Paul about amending the rules to admit anyone covered on the half hour on Radio Four. I mean, given the listen again feature that's a global source these days. I think we should also amend the rules to include any obit featured in the Evening News and Star in Carlisle too.

Rules is rules MPFC, no whimperin' now. Take it on the chin....er...like Frank Bruno.

Aye, fair point Godot, it is indeed the West Cumbrian way. Constantly ignored by the wider world and reliant on dubious duality of a nuclear power station that's leaked like a ripped nappy for years and endless coachloads of tourlists possessed of little more intelligence than cattle we simply stride through life with a churlish acceptance, sustained only by cheap heroin and the comforts of taking and driving away the high performance cars of the richer tourists.

I'm taking it on't chin.

I might even start whimperin' to Canadian Paul about amending the rules to admit anyone covered on the half hour on Radio Four.

Tough sh*t. Rules are rules.

Well done to Tempus for reading them, somehow making sense of them :birthday: & using them wisely.

I doubt you'll get any points now, he's been dead too long.

My point, which you ignored, is if Patrick Allen, well-known entertainer amongst the unwashed masses & employee of many years of the BBC doesn't get an obit, why should an utter nobody (in the general public sense) like Mayne get one?

May you learn wisely from your first harsh lesson of deadpooling, young man.