Death in Pixie Boots

Phil Spector

The trial now moves into the forensic - including DNA evidence - at which point the likelihood of conviction will become much clearer.

Hmm interesting. I've heard that he's been obsessed with violence for a long time; during the production of Leonard Cohen's album Death of a Ladies' Man, he apparently held a gun to Cohen's head.

Jury fail to reach a decision.

link

Edited by heaven can wait

I say give Specta ... like a year of community service - six days a week and make him donate money to various funds. On result of his depression and his mental issues and his drinking problem, from my view a twenty year sentence is very harsh because who knows what the actual circumstances were. If OJ Simpson just got released on bail from being involved with an armed robbery, they should lay off on Spec. OJ Simpson is an angry man full of rage, he was in 1994 and he still is.

My point - I would sure as hell like to see OJ Simpson in jail rather then Phil Spector.

I'll tell you if Spector gets free he won't be writing books 'If I did it' OJ Simpson should be in jail getting peer mediation and he should be reading his bible inside a closet sized cell. He should be on his knees everyday praying to his lawyer Johnnie Cochran. He owes that guy his life.

I'm not sure what's more surprising - that despite apparently threatening no less than seven other women with a gun in his illustrious career as a paramour, pointing guns at, among others, Leonard Cohen and Dee Dee Ramone, and saying "I think I killed someone" when the cops showed up the night of Lana Clarkson's death, yet another LA jury apparently isn't able to convict a murderer. Or that he convinced a 26 year old "starlet" (ok, that's a bit of a stretch) to marry him in 2006. From wiki: "Spector married aspiring singer and actress Rachelle Short on September 1, 2006."

Can I have Rachel Short for DL 2008 please?

Not just Dee Dee Ramone but I heard he held 'The Ramones' at gun point in his living room. I think he ordered them to play 'Sedated' or 'Pet Cemetery' in his presence.

All I can say is he better not kill Rachelle Short, it's about all he has.

Breaking news - judge declares a mis-trial. Mebbe a new trial, mebbe a let off. Either way, he's walking free for the moment.

I hope that I'm not the only person to recognize this

But is the Justice system in this country 'Well If your loaded' we have lack of evidence? I thought Spector confessed at the crime? I thought he was playing with guns for the passed thirty five years?

Phil Spector might have been a top rated producer in his time, but when it comes (to women - and giving) it seems to me that he never learned that he got 'Guns and Roses' a little mixed up. Or should I say f**ked up?

Nowt online yet but BBC News report announcement that case will be re-tried.

Looks like Phil's been using his legendary Well of Sound © again.

River Deep, Fountain High.

Prosecutors in the retrial alleged that when the jury in the original trial toured his home, Spector tried to manipulate the noise made by a fountain in his courtyard to make it seem as though it could have muffled the sound of his voice when he allegedly said, "I think I killed somebody" to his chauffeur.

What the f**k?

Guest Johanna

Death penalty?

15 years to life.

He'll probably get out on appeal...

He's getting 15 years for murder and 25 years for f*****g up 'The Long and Winding Road'...

He's getting 15 years for murder and 25 years for f*****g up 'The Long and Winding Road'...

John Lennon managed to f**k up The Long And Winding Road good an' proper. Possibly the worst bass playing ever committed to vinyl, certainly by a respected band anyway.

John Lennon managed to f**k up The Long And Winding Road good an' proper. Possibly the worst bass playing ever committed to vinyl, certainly by a respected band anyway.

Well, he got punished for that by Mark Chapman... :skill2:

The Wall of Sound just got 18" 18' higher.

The last note of Lana Clarkson (to the music of Da Doo Ron Ron)

I knew one day that he would make my heart stand still

My daddy said, "Just run girl, run, run, run"

Somebody told me that his name was Phil

"That nutter's got a gun, girl, a gun, gun, gun"

Yes, my heart stood still

Yes, his name was Phil

And when I saw that gun

Shoulda been a good girl, a nun, nun, nun

I knew what he was doin' when he caught my eye

He said his favourite surf song was "Fun, fun, fun"

He was so evil, I knew I'd die

Evil as Hitler, the Hun, Hun, Hun