Death in Pixie Boots

Phil Spector

Hiyall

Phil Spectre

Darlings just love the wacko jacko banter - while we're on the topic of flakey celebs under threat of incarceration what about the mentally balanced Phil Spectre.

No way will he get off.

Dixie comes to us all wearing Pixie Boots

• Like 1

No confidence in this one Pixie - or in your spelling - isnt it Phil Spector? - or am i missing a joke there?

Anyway he might be going down but he isnt going down as far as six feet

I'm with Pixie on this one. Spector is undeniably an odd bloke and, I think, more than capable of topping himself. If you look at his track record over the years, he has a history of firearms-related japery including pulling guns on The Ramones and Stevie Wonder amongst others. As I understand the situation, he is out on bail at the moment, so has the capability of getting the tools together for a big ending. As we all know suicides are almost impossible to predict, but I think Phil is one to watch in the near future - less so if he gets porridge, as he might get put on suicide watch.

DWB

I don't know about Phil Spector's criminal records, but I do love your new avatar DWB. Great job. A welcome addition to the board. That Reaper gets everywhere.

Not to question your information DWB - but how did Stevie Wonder know that Phil Spector pulled a gun on him??? :)

The thought had occured to me, but I hoped nobody would notice this flaw in my info. Perhaps Phil let Stevie have a grope of his weapon in order to prove a point? Or perhaps cold steel shoved into his temple was enough to convince him? Any other ideas anyone?

DWB :)

Maybe Stevie's just a trusting guy - If somebody says theyve got a gun on him he believes them.

This could explain how Paul McCartney talked Stevie into that duet a few years ago...

Thanx for that little sister :lol:

A bit more reserach on this story shows that it was John Lennon who alledged that Spector pulled a gun on Stevie - and frankly he should know about guns being pointed at him - although I suppose he only learnt about that later in life!

Spector has been described as a heavy drinker, recluse and gun enthusiast so clearly pulling a gun on somebody would have been completely out of character ;)

Just thought I'd give this thread an airing: Latest news on Spector below -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3682432.stm

Not particularly life-threatening, but he does have a screw loose, so let's see what happens next!

DWB :angry:

According to a Google Internet search, I have learned that the trial date is currently scheduled for a starting date in January of next year.

I don't know about Phil Spector's criminal records, but I do love your new avatar DWB. Great job. A welcome addition to the board. That Reaper gets everywhere.

Two of Phil Spector's criminal records would have to be:-

Leonard Cohen - Death of a Ladies Man

The Ramones - End of The Century

As for being "wacko," I prefer the term "genius." If you look at people like Patty Duke, Ted Turner, Buz Aldrin, Johnathan Winters, James Taylor (and many more), you will see where people with "mood disorders" that make them appear "wacko" when they are on drugs or alcohol are quite likely going to be the same people who will invent the better mousetrap.

Phil's use of overdubbing was waaaaay ahead of its time (The Wall of Sound), as were many of his abilities. People like the Beatles don't hire someone to produce their albums based on whether they are a half bubble off of level (as who in blazes isn't when they're 3 sheets to the wind)!

Phil is and was a private man, one taken into himself to find his inner strength and inspiration...a trait not uncommon to many geniuses. Einstein was one given to sleeping a couple hours and then getting up to do his mathmatics thing.

It seems to be a natural thing for people who are linear-thinking to scorn the intuitive thinker(s).

Having met the man, I can say he was an incredible reader of human nature and people, spent many hours listening to people in groups of one kind and another, and when my "second dad" became is bodyguard back in 1968, Phil was lecturing about the recording business and life in general to standing-room-only crowds.

To get real glimse into this fellow, read his biography entitled "Out of His Head," and then come back from reading our all-too-prevalent "yellow press" coverage of what happened. And in case memory doesn't serve me correctly, wasn't the line "innocent until proven guilty" somehow applicable to information?

Or did that only apply to court findings and not the press...

Onward & upward,

Gordon

aka "A Friend of Phil"

Thanks for that insight Gordon. It makes a change for a passing poster to make such a decent post - no ranting at all! Cheers.

DWB :lol:

Fine, Spector's a kind of genius. No problem with that...just listen to his Goldstar productions and you'll hear how far above the chasing pack he was.

But.

He is incredibly unstable mentally. I know someone who was there on the night of the alleged killing, and whilst Phil had been a gentleman for most of the time, that night something was definitely wrong with him.

I second the praise of Gordon's - to date - only post. You're wasted on driving by, stick around, please.

He is incredibly unstable mentally. I know someone who was there on the night of the alleged killing, and whilst Phil had been a gentleman for most of the time, that night something was definitely wrong with him.

Good Phil, Mr.Spector 'Spec Ta' is a very lonely producer. To live lonesome can drive you mad. Especially when your a raging drunk joking with a gun.

His trial could be televised. Trust me here, whether you care about the story or not it's worth clicking the link for the awesome picture of the little man dredged from AP archives.

His trial could be televised. Trust me here, whether you care about the story or not it's worth clicking the link for the awesome picture of the little man dredged from BBC archives.

I saw the link before but couldn't find the thread. It is a very interesting case, but with his personal issues and if he killed this woman he was probably wasted, life in jail would be hard. But of course if that's the case I give him five years at most. But if it's enacted on TV i'll watch it.

There's possibilities here, like maybe he makes a point whilst he's giving evidence, turns to the public gallery and two anonymous types in sixties suits stand up and go right into the refrain from You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling;

'Whoa whoa whoa,'

It's got to be on telly.

I can't wait for the fun to start when Phil's murder trial commences on Thursday.

Does anyone have any info on the health of Robert Blake? (He was an actor who killed his wife and got tried by a Californian jury) Fine video of him here, in one of the more surreal scenes of recent years.

I can't wait for the fun to start when Phil's murder trial commences on Thursday.

Does anyone have any info on the health of Robert Blake? (He was an actor who killed his wife and got tried by a Californian jury) Fine video of him here, in one of the more surreal scenes of recent years.

That's kinda wierd!

Love Robert Blake. 'Electra Glide in Blue' is one of my favourite films...and he was acquited BTW.

Must catch that 'Lost Highway' when it's on TV someday!

Producer Stan Ross is "very concerned" about the health of Phil Spector because he doesn't think the music producer will live to see the three-month trial through till the end.

"He looks terrible. I am very concerned about his appearance. He is shaking a lot. He may be a very sick man. I don't like seeing him in this predicament. I don't think he can handle three months."

I reckon it's rubbish, but we shall see.

Aye, he might have been bitten by reality, never a pleasant experience for the likes of him.

Aye, he might have been bitten by reality, never a pleasant experience for the likes of him.

I feel sympathy for Specta only because I understand (At certain limits) his confusion and disease. If anything the man needs to be helped and not punished. I'm under the impression that his sentence will not be that harsh, and he will be let off easy rather then twenty years behind bars. All I know is that he is done playing with guns.

• Like 1