Star Crossed

Strip The Moderaters Of Their Meagre Powers?

For the benefit of those not sharing the Mods forum could you put the above two posts into plain English?

For the benefit of those not sharing the Mods forum could you put the above two posts into plain English?

Star Crossed is now a tEr

Thankyou. I may not be a ter for long, I'm really not worthy of the assignment, but this quote will remind me of my time in this lofty office...

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Thankyou. I may not be a ter for long, I'm really not worthy of the assignment, but this quote will remind me of my time in this lofty office...

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo Da Vinci

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em eh? All together now, 'It's like ra-a-ain, on your wedding day...' :lol:

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em eh? All together now, 'It's like ra-a-ain, on your wedding day...' :P

What the heck is going on?

Mr.Hopkins got promoted. At this time he seems to be in a very deep state of confusion, yet appreciation. I think he will get back to being himself sometime soon.

Mr.Hopkins got promoted. At this time he seems to be in a very deep state of confusion, yet appreciation. I think he will get back to being himself sometime soon.

Thank you BS, is it a case of the chicken ovulation boiler turned enthusiatic custodian?

Given the all out Tempus vs BS vs Windsor war they'll need Star Crossed because there's no guarantee the other three will all be alive in a week.

Congratulations Star Crossed.

Thank you BS, is it a case of the chicken ovulation boiler turned enthusiatic custodian?

Your probably an enthusiatic custodian. I hope Clive Dunn f****n drops dead next week. I would get good humor out of that, then you wouldn't have any character. Your name wouldn't make sense. I make you sound so helpless. Your life here will actually end with death. :unsure:

:P

Although if I may be so bold, I reckon replacing 'enthusiastic custodian' with 'sexually excited football player who wears the No.1 jersey' could successfully convolute the phrase even further, without losing any of the required accuracy!

Oh, and in answer to your question, yes it is the case, although I'm not sure whose idea it was.

(re-reads own post...)

Giving up smoking and simultaneously moving onto decaffeinated tea & coffee may not have been my brightest idea.... Thank god for cannabis, alcohol & class 'A's to see me through, although not so useful when I'm at work, apparently they're frowned upon in the workplace. :unsure:

Guest Guest

Your probably an enthusiatic custodian. I hope Clive Dunn f****n drops dead next week. I would get good humor out of that, then you wouldn't have any character. Your name wouldn't make sense. I make you sound so helpless. Your life here will actually end with death. :unsure:

I suppose I could always drop the "NOT"? In the same way you drop letters from words in your sentences perhaps?

I feel the time is long-overdue to officially declare my position; I wish for all Moderaters to be stripped of their "powers" and returned to the same level of ignominy as the rest of us huddled, unwashed masses.

If anyone can offer me a decent explanation as to their raison d'être, I will accept that they are a valid institution. That old chestnut "so they can delete/manage their erroneous posts" doesn't hold any water with me; if they are whoring too much and too badly, they should be banned, not given powers to cloak their whoredom.

I do not believe that any of the 3 current Moderaters (Windsor, Tempus Fugit and Banshees Scream) possess the wisdom, self-control or posting class to be considered as anything other than ordinary members. These are not people upon whom we want to bestow Moderator powers, so why are we pretending that they are?

Why should they have the right to warn, kick or ban other ordinary members? The answer is simple; they shouldn't.

Get rid of them all, and get rid of them NOW!

Vote YES to Strip!

In any case, do vote; it is your democratic right and your civic duty!

Changed your mind yet SC?

I feel the time is long-overdue to officially declare my position; I wish for all Moderaters to be stripped of their "powers" and returned to the same level of ignominy as the rest of us huddled, unwashed masses.

If anyone can offer me a decent explanation as to their raison d'être, I will accept that they are a valid institution. That old chestnut "so they can delete/manage their erroneous posts" doesn't hold any water with me; if they are whoring too much and too badly, they should be banned, not given powers to cloak their whoredom.

I do not believe that any of the 3 current Moderaters (Windsor, Tempus Fugit and Banshees Scream) possess the wisdom, self-control or posting class to be considered as anything other than ordinary members. These are not people upon whom we want to bestow Moderator powers, so why are we pretending that they are?

Why should they have the right to warn, kick or ban other ordinary members? The answer is simple; they shouldn't.

Get rid of them all, and get rid of them NOW!

Vote YES to Strip!

In any case, do vote; it is your democratic right and your civic duty!

I'm your worst nightmare; a moderator with a mouse. :sick:

The moderaters are no more.

(Or at least I'm not, haven't checked anyone else)

True!!

Clicked on Tempus and BS's personal pages and they're members too.

Congrats to Star Crossed for persuading someone with power!

[Power? What power? Moderation in moderation is my motto. -TH]

So when will you be making Windsor an Administrater, then?

Ha ha ha.

My sides are splitting...

Nobody wants to be an admin, admins get the bills.

Just like the moderaters got all the grief.

Do the admins get an income to meet the bills? I'm struggling to imagine this site as some worlwide charity for the grimly funny and - well - the grim.

Do the admins get an income to meet the bills? I'm struggling to imagine this site as some worlwide charity for the grimly funny and - well - the grim.

Admins will receive a salary as soon as the deadbeat members pay their dues. About the same time Camilla gets a Playboy centerfold, I'd imagine.

Congrats to Star Crossed for persuading someone with power!

Think you might be barking up the wrong end of the stick there, Mary.

Aye, well it's either that N-A-P or more west Cumbrian irony with a straight face. I should pack that in since it tends to fall flat on a forum.