Sign in to follow this  
Guest IYG

Robert Earl Jones

Guest IYG

Probably not famous enough but Robert Earl Jones is 94 years old, the father of James Earl Jones and he has acted in several movies.

Not official yet, but I've seen it on Wikipedia several times and now this: Robert Earl Jones.

If he is dead and he's gotten no obits over the past 4 days, his chances of getting a UK obit are getting slimmer and slimmer.

If so, he'd be the third hit this year to fail to get an obit.

Not official yet, but I've seen it on Wikipedia several times and now this: Robert Earl Jones.

If he is dead and he's gotten no obits over the past 4 days, his chances of getting a UK obit are getting slimmer and slimmer.

He's currently listed as being alive on both Wikipedia and imdb. I've searched as much as I can but can't find anything stating his dead, usually CNN picks up on that sort of thing or failing that MSNBC

He's currently listed as being alive on both Wikipedia and imdb. I've searched as much as I can but can't find anything stating his dead, usually CNN picks up on that sort of thing or failing that MSNBC

He's only alive on Wiki because I've been reverting the edits that say he's dead, since no one is willing to provide a link and I can't find one. Several different users, however, have posted news of his death on his page and on "Recent Deaths," which is why I'm a bit cautious to label it a Wiki hoax.

That and the fact that DoA changed their entry.

He's only alive on Wiki because I've been reverting the edits that say he's dead, since no one is willing to provide a link and I can't find one. Several different users, however, have posted news of his death on his page and on "Recent Deaths," which is why I'm a bit cautious to label it a Wiki hoax.

That and the fact that DoA changed their entry.

I hope he isn't dead, for one reason that would put my father-in-law in the lead on our sweepstakes and he's won it each year for the past 5 years :D

DoA now have a question mark.

Nothing on einsiders, nothing on blogs...... thus far.

The DoA site doesn't want to load for some weird reason, either at home or here at work

Dead or Alive now lists him as alive, so it looks like it was all a rumour.

Who was this about? Not a near miss, not even a miss.

regards,

Hein

Oh it was about actor Robert Earl Jones, who is also the father of James Earl Jones

The DoA site doesn't want to load for some weird reason, either at home or here at work

Dead or Alive now lists Robert Earl Jones as dead.

Wikipedia are doing the same, but those are the only two places that it's being reported at the moment so I'm still a bit dubious until it's been confirmed in an actual news publication

Wikipedia are doing the same, but those are the only two places that it's being reported at the moment so I'm still a bit dubious until it's been confirmed in an actual news publication

There's quite some discrepancy regards his age, imdb has him born in 1911, DoA in 1904 and ibdb in 1900!

Edited by Tempus Fugit

There's quite some discrepancy regards his age, imdb has him born in 1911 and DoA in 1904.

I'm sure his real date of birth will be announced when his death is published in the newspapers.

It's a bit like Al Lewis all over again.

imdb still have him listed as being alive though, so it's a total mystery at the moment

Guest kentdoa

Hi, this is the webmaster of the Dead or Alive? site.

I know things are up in the air right now with regards to Robert Earl Jones. Although I haven't seen his body with my own eyes, I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt from the information I've received from a number of unrelated sources that Mr. Jones is dead. I'm not the Pope, so I could still be wrong, but I have listed him as dead on my site based on that information. I'm very cautious in that regard and the only time I've listed someone as dead so far and turned out to be wrong was when I briefly had Frank Cady listed as dead many years ago based on information from the IMDb which turned out to be wrong. This could be the second case, but I seriously doubt it.

I'm somewhat less certain of his date of birth but I do believe that 1904 is the correct year for him.

The news of his death is being withheld, for reasons unknown to me at this time. As always, skepticism in these matters is a healthy thing so if you want to keep your options open about believing it until it's reported in the mainstream press that's your prerogative. I'd probably do the same in your shoes.

Kent

Dead or Alive?

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com

Kent,

We appreciate your input on this. I guess I'm reluctant to cross him off as dead until I see an obituary of some sorts. I believe the information you receive is often from a reliable source. It's just during the past week, I've seen Robert Earl Jones being marked off as dead, then declared alive again about 5 times in as many days.

Many thanks

Phantom

Hi, this is the webmaster of the Dead or Alive? site.

I know things are up in the air right now with regards to Robert Earl Jones. Although I haven't seen his body with my own eyes, I'm convinced beyond a reasonable doubt from the information I've received from a number of unrelated sources that Mr. Jones is dead. I'm not the Pope, so I could still be wrong, but I have listed him as dead on my site based on that information. I'm very cautious in that regard and the only time I've listed someone as dead so far and turned out to be wrong was when I briefly had Frank Cady listed as dead many years ago based on information from the IMDb which turned out to be wrong. This could be the second case, but I seriously doubt it.

I'm somewhat less certain of his date of birth but I do believe that 1904 is the correct year for him.

The news of his death is being withheld, for reasons unknown to me at this time. As always, skepticism in these matters is a healthy thing so if you want to keep your options open about believing it until it's reported in the mainstream press that's your prerogative. I'd probably do the same in your shoes.

Kent

Dead or Alive?

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com

alt.stiffs.com have a discussion forum on the possible demise of Robert Earl Jones. No one has been able to confirm whether or not he is still alive.

Edited to say: sorry to be a pain but as it's not confirmed regarding Robert Earl Jones, could we have the posts about this matter moved to a thread of its own?

[Done -ff]

ok, I've emailed the webmaster of the Earl Jones Institute to see if anyone can confirm either way.

Not entirely confident I'll get a reply but it's worth a try.

Guest Guest

Believe me, I thought long and hard about it. No need to ruin the reputation for accuracy unnecessarily.

Earlier last week someone wrote and told me about Pat Corley's death several days before it hit the mainstream press. I was in a pickle about that, too, as the news seemed entirely above board but I didn't know for a fact that the person writing me was a family member like they said they were. I wanted to post it but I didn't want to look like a fool for getting taken in by a scam. I traded emails with the person and everything but still had that grain of doubt, so after initially listing him as dead I got cold feet and changed his listing to Uknown while I awaited more specific information. Then in the meantime, the newspapers started running his obituary so I didn't have to worry about it any more. But it was making me nervous while it was up in the air and I was partway out on a limb.

Anyway, my point in telling you that story is to say that I'm not nervous about Robert Earl Jones at all. I've had enough specific information relayed to me, some of it in confidence, that I don't doubt the truth of the story. What I've heard is that people are being pressured to keep it secret. Why? That I don't know. Anyway, it's beyond the point of it being a simple mistake or misunderstanding. It's either true that he died or somebody has fooled multiple people close to him into thinking he's dead. If it's the second case, which makes less sense than the first, I think, then I'll have to apologize later.

Kent

Believe me, I thought long and hard about it. No need to ruin the reputation for accuracy unnecessarily.

Earlier last week someone wrote and told me about Pat Corley's death several days before it hit the mainstream press. I was in a pickle about that, too, as the news seemed entirely above board but I didn't know for a fact that the person writing me was a family member like they said they were. I wanted to post it but I didn't want to look like a fool for getting taken in by a scam. I traded emails with the person and everything but still had that grain of doubt, so after initially listing him as dead I got cold feet and changed his listing to Uknown while I awaited more specific information. Then in the meantime, the newspapers started running his obituary so I didn't have to worry about it any more. But it was making me nervous while it was up in the air and I was partway out on a limb.

Anyway, my point in telling you that story is to say that I'm not nervous about Robert Earl Jones at all. I've had enough specific information relayed to me, some of it in confidence, that I don't doubt the truth of the story. What I've heard is that people are being pressured to keep it secret. Why? That I don't know. Anyway, it's beyond the point of it being a simple mistake or misunderstanding. It's either true that he died or somebody has fooled multiple people close to him into thinking he's dead. If it's the second case, which makes less sense than the first, I think, then I'll have to apologize later.

Kent

Kent,

I'm not making any accusations, I just have to have some official confirmation on this as our dead pool has $180 prize money at stake. So each selection made needs to be backed up by some sort of obituary.

I trust your source is reliable, I'm just doing this for peace of mind.

Well that certainly puts my mind at rest. and not puts my father-in-law in first place on our sweepstake dead pool :(:lol: looks like he'll win for the 4th year in a row :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Guest
I'm not making any accusations, I just have to have some official confirmation on this as our dead pool has $180 prize money at stake.

I completely understand that and I would do exactly the same in your position. I just wanted everyone to know I wasn't making stuff up and I wasn't listening to wild rumors. I had solid sources close to the situation who let me know what I knew. It was just a matter of time before it came out. I still don't know why it was being kept secret for so long. Perhaps I'll find out now. In any event, I'm following up on the age question, because I was told directly he was born in 1904. We'll see if that one comes through also, or perhaps was off. In any event, I wanted to let you all know where I was coming from in case you had occasion to depend on my site's reliability in the future. Good luck with your game.

I'm not making any accusations, I just have to have some official confirmation on this as our dead pool has $180 prize money at stake.

I completely understand that and I would do exactly the same in your position. I just wanted everyone to know I wasn't making stuff up and I wasn't listening to wild rumors. I had solid sources close to the situation who let me know what I knew. It was just a matter of time before it came out. I still don't know why it was being kept secret for so long. Perhaps I'll find out now. In any event, I'm following up on the age question, because I was told directly he was born in 1904. We'll see if that one comes through also, or perhaps was off. In any event, I wanted to let you all know where I was coming from in case you had occasion to depend on my site's reliability in the future. Good luck with your game.

Hi Kent,

I was 99% sure that your sources were reliable. It's a bit like with the DDP (Derby Dead Pool) where in order to earn the points we need an official obituary on a news site or an online newspaper.

I'd be interested to find out what his true age actually is.

Why don't you sign up on this site? Your sources and insight will be very beneficial.

Many thanks

Phantom

Game?

Game?

What do you mean "game"?

It's an education, it's fun, it's a complete lifestyle man!

I'll give you game!

Game?

Game?

What do you mean "game"?

I'll give you game!

I think Kent was referring to the sweepstake dead pool that I do the updates for. With $180 up for grabs it's important we get an obituary for each death. Especially since my father-in-law has won it 3 times in a row so far and I believe 5 times in the past 6 years

He's on telly NOW, BBC1 for those of you lucky enough to be blessed with the BBC. In The Sting, a classic movie if ever there was one.

Arrr!

Game?

Game?

What do you mean "game"?

I'll give you game!

I think Kent was referring to the sweepstake dead pool that I do the updates for. With $180 up for grabs it's important we get an obituary for each death. Especially since my father-in-law has won it 3 times in a row so far and I believe 5 times in the past 6 years

I do wish I had such a good relationship with my father-in-law. As I've mentioned before, talk about Kir5ty Howard's survival chances over Christmas dinner, caused rather an icy atmosphere, to say the least. <_<