James

Opera

Charles Anthony

The American tenor has died aged 82. He made a record-breaking 2,928 appearances at the New York Met between 1954 and 2010.

A tough tenor, or so it seems.

Now where's that fat lady?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Charles Anthony

The American tenor has died aged 82. He made a record-breaking 2,928 appearances at the New York Met between 1954 and 2010.

A tough tenor, or so it seems.

Now where's that fat lady?

regards,

Hein

You called? :D

Soprano Elizabeth Connell is gravely ill, according to a recent tweet. I couldn't find any other verification, so treat with caution.

Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau

The baritone, renowned as one of the greatest singers of the 20th Century, has died at the age of 86. He is included in 2 DDP teams.

Galina Vishnevskaya

The great soprano, widow of the cellist Mstislav Rostropovich, has died aged 86. I'd just about given up on getting another hit on the DDP this year, but there you go!

Guest guest

Galina Vishnevskaya

I'd just about given up on getting another hit on the DDP this year, but there you go!

You can cross Rhodes Boyson off your list as well.

Galina Vishnevskaya

I'd just about given up on getting another hit on the DDP this year, but there you go!

You can cross Rhodes Boyson off your list as well.

Thanks. I'd forgotten to edit my signature when he croaked!

Lisa Della Casa

2 great sopranos in 2 days. The Swiss star died yesterday (10th December) aged 93.

Zheng Cao, opera singer and one-time lover of Troy Donahue has died after a long fight against cancer. I was aware of her fight against the disease, but thought UK obit chances were a bit too risky.

Very Ill Turned Very Dead didn't, and if Cao does get the UK Obit, then they will move into 2nd in the DDP if I've done my maths right. Link is here; http://myfox8.com/20...zheng-cao-dies/

Rise Stevens, who had a lengthy opera career but'll remain best known for appearing in Going My Way, has sung her last a few months before her centennial.

Rise Stevens, who had a lengthy opera career but'll remain best known for appearing in Going My Way, has sung her last a few months before her centennial.

That will be a hit for 6 DDP teams when the UK obit comes.

That will be a hit for 6 DDP teams when the UK obit comes.

Which it does now, via the BBC

Bass singer Richard 'a giant of the opera world in every possible way' Angas - famous enough to be lead article on the BBC Entertainment/Arts website, ahead of office chair designer Charles Pollock, but not famous enough for a wiki page.

SPAM - used by dyslexics when they're ashgging each other, right?

Edited by Magere Hein
URLs sanitised

Marta Eggerth The Austro Hungarian Operetta star on stage and screen most popular from the 30s-50s is dead age 101

Gerard Mortier, an impulsive and risky unique pick for me on the DDP, is described by The Guardian to be "gravely ill", but still well enough to attend an operatic version of Brokeback Mountain...

Gerard Mortier, an impulsive and risky unique pick for me on the DDP, is described by The Guardian to be "gravely ill", but still well enough to attend an operatic version of Brokeback Mountain...

Dead

Well done, DDT. I think we have competition going on now...

Dead

Well done, DDT. I think we have competition going on now...

Cheers, TMIB - it's about time my extensive knowledge of opera paid dividends :unsure:.

I don't think there will be much competition from me this year. I am yesterday's man; forever destined to grace the circuit while dining out on past glories, a bit like a deadpooling equivalent of a post millennium Steve Davis.