James

Opera

Guest Sir Creep

Gentlemen and Ladies, I offer on a silver platter Ms Tilleman-Dick!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/singing-opera-with-someone-elses-lungs/2013/05/24/249d4ca0-b97c-11e2-b94c-b684dda07add_story.html

Has undergone TWO double lung transplants! Each transplant lasts about 5 years, but expect 4 for the second one (2013) and she says her lung tissue so tortured a third isn't possible. She already has slight breathing issues with 2013 lungs. I don't believe her vulnerable in 2015, but leaving her off in 2016 a crime and I can't see how she takes a breath in 2018. 2016 lock for those doing categories and need a Music person.

Sir Creep

Seems there were two opera singers killed in the Germanwings airline crash. Oleg Bryjak and Maria Radner.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

2 opera singers in a plane crash 2015

2 opera singers in a plane crash 2015

To jackass Guest did you even BOTHER to read the post directly above yours posted 1/2 a day earlier?

SC

oleg-bryjak-maria-radner.jpg?w=736

Radner was drop-dead gorgeous, there goes my ill-timed and utterly uncalled for joke about the fat lady singing when they hit the ground, then.

• Like 1

Looking at that pic on my iPhone i thought she had about 3 rolls of neck - just badly positioned hair!!

Radner was drop-dead gorgeous, there goes my ill-timed and utterly uncalled for joke about the fat lady singing when they hit the ground, then.

I'm wondering if she hit a pitch perfect C7 as she screamed before impact.

SC

I'm wondering if she hit a pitch perfect C7 as she screamed before impact.

SC

Tough fahkin crowd :-|

The Canadian tenor Jon Vickers, who brought a colossal voice and raw dramatic intensity to everything he sang, including legendary portrayals of Wagner’s Tristan, Verdi’s Otello, Beethoven’s Florestan and Britten’s Peter Grimes, died on Friday in Ontario, Canada. He was 88.

SC

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/13/arts/music/jon-vickers-opera-star-known-for-his-raw-power-and-intensity-dies-at-88.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone

The Canadian tenor Jon Vickers, who brought a colossal voice and raw dramatic intensity to everything he sang, including legendary portrayals of Wagner’s Tristan, Verdi’s Otello, Beethoven’s Florestan and Britten’s Peter Grimes, died on Friday in Ontario, Canada. He was 88.

SC

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/13/arts/music/jon-vickers-opera-star-known-for-his-raw-power-and-intensity-dies-at-88.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone

We know this. YW informed us way back in the post immediately above yours.

Mattiwilda Dobbs, first African-American woman to sing at La Scala and generally one of the first prominent black opera singers, has died at 90:

http://slippedisc.com/2015/12/death-of-a-path-breaking-american-soprano/

At one point, she was also the arranged bride for Martin Luther King, hmm....

Edited by Magere Hein
URL fixed