Star Crossed

Avast, Me Hearties! It Be Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Giles Blenkinsop

You prefer a dry Martini to Rum, feel that standards in Gentlemens' haberdashery have declined somewhat over the last decade and spend your evenings oiling your favourite pipe-rack. You have pride in your shed and have written several strongly-worded letters to your local paper regarding spawning sites of newts.

Are you sure that link is right?

A pirate with the name of Giles? Bwhahahahhaha :banghead:

Arrr! That be irony Phantom's employin' thar, or I'll be swabbing the deck by moonlight in me sister's bloomers. Arrr, 'n' this'll be saaarcasm, 'n' all!

Anubis, the Jackal of the high seas, get yerself a flagon 'o' rum fer that gem.

Star Crossed,

no it's called a straight forward laugh at the thought of a pirate called Giles.

You've obviously obtained a different dictionary than everyone else

It seems that instead of just having fun, you try to resort to personally directed insults in an attempt to drive away anyone who disagrees with you.

Star Crossed,

no it's called a straight forward laugh at the thought of a pirate called Giles.

You've obviously obtained a different dictionary than everyone else

It seems that instead of just having fun, you try to resort to personally directed insults in an attempt to drive away anyone who disagrees with you.

I guess that makes him a bastarrrrrrrrrrd.

:banghead:

The one you know as Handrejkaaargh is know to us fellow pirates as:

Iron Anne Bonney

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

image1cj3.png

Your pirate name is:

Mad Charity Kidd

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Dirty Tom Vane

Hmm, I reckon they got that one about right.

I don't know - the site crashed. But my Red Indian name is Floating Badger.

My pirate name is:

Black Roger Bonney

Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

And then you think running a discussion board is harrrrd. <_<

regarrrrrrrds,

Black Rogerrrrrrr

British couple killed by pirates

See, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

I particularly like the glowing tribute paid to the dead man by his lovers' father

Terence Arthurs, Miss Arthurs-Chegini’s father, described Clarke as a thief and an absolute rotter "He said he was this and that and a businessman but it was all hogwash — he was a conman. Nobody liked him. But she said he was her soulmate and that was that.”

Terence Arthurs, Miss Arthurs-Chegini’s father, described Clarke as a thief and an absolute rotter "He said he was this and that and a businessman but it was all hogwash — he was a conman. Nobody liked him. But she said he was her soulmate and that was that.”

Arrr! That be fantastic! A man after my own heart. At last, someone who can deliver a candid epitaph instead of hiding behind platitudes. He's just that vital hair's-breadth away from saying "That c*nt killed my daughter. It was his fault and he'll burn in hell, hopefully. I'll p*ss on his grave." Although, to be fair, his comments were already pretty defamatory. Good chap!

Wait, there's a website called "injurywatch.co.uk", and it's used to put people in touch with lawyers when they get hurt? So there's now ambulance chasing on the internet too. Excellent.

By the way, large portions of that couple killed by pirates story sound like so much bullshit to me. But nice find ATJ, both the article and the website

BBC LINK

Wait, there's a website called "injurywatch.co.uk", and it's used to put people in touch with lawyers when they get hurt? So there's now ambulance chasing on the internet too. Excellent.

By the way, large portions of that couple killed by pirates story sound like so much bullshit to me. But nice find ATJ, both the article and the website

Avast ye drivelswiggers and paltry picaroons and and behold the legend that is

Black Jack Kidd

I accept Spanish gold, doubloons and travellers' cheques.

Avarst ye varmint! :crossbone:

What's a horny pirate's worst nightmare?

A sunken chest with no booty!

What do you call a happy pirate?

A Jolly Roger!

How much did the pirate pay to get his ears pierced?

A buccaneer!

Why did the pirate take up boxing?

Because he had a mean left hook!

A pirate was standing on the crow's nest and then he slipped and fell. He fell through the first floor, then he fell through the second floor, then he fell through the third floor and hit the bottom floor of the ship!

The first mate comes up to him and asks "Are ye all right matey?"

The pirate replies, "Arrr, yes... I've been through hardship before!"

Arrrgggghhhh ye landlubbers and fellow Jack Tars, I be weighing anchor, hoisting the colours and splicing the mainbrace for a while spending me doubloons in the next port o call. Fair winds!

Remember, dead men tell no tales.

My pirate name is Gerry McCann, nah, must've Googled that wrongly.

...and did you all forget where a Pirate goes to get fit ????

GYM Laad...Arrrr

:unsure: sheesh the smiley is as bad as that joke...hey WB MH ltns my friend

been on the high sea's plundering then ...hehehe

cheers

Guybrush Threepwood Mighty Pirate...(please see Monkey Island if yer confused) else shake tha..OOps Gieeze that booty :lol:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and ahoy, me hearrrrrties. In loight o’ the mysterious disappearance o’ that mangy cur Cap'n "Post 'ore" Starcrossed, it be down to Iron ‘Arry Kidd QC MBE to remind all o’ yer landlubbers ‘tis Talk Like a Pirate Day once agin and no mistake.

Good news, mateys - piracy be on the up, yes ‘tis. TLAPD-pirate2.gif

It also be the 35th anniversary o’ the sad death o’ the pirates' number one Cosmic American Musician, Icecube Gram Parsons, so it be, arrrr.

caddyss0.jpg

Beat me to to it, so ye did, 'arry.

I wuz gunna post summit 'ere earlier, but I been distracted by me scurvy parrot, see.

Anyway, Oim gunna sing a little sea shanty in celebration.

"Happy Speak-Like-A-Pirate Day to ye,

Happy Speak-Like-A-Pirate Day to ye,

Happy Speak-Like-A-Pirate Day mangy mongrels,

An' be sure to eat spaghet-ti."

Aaargh Pirates! I'm pretty sick of them at the moment having been pressganged into going to see this last weekend.

I see you can change your Facebook settings to view the pages in English Pirate language too, Friends becomes Me Hearties, Inbox becomes Bottle O' Messages, Logout becomes Abandon Ship etc.

A word t' th' wise:

Goolin' "sexy gentleman o' fortunes" gives naugh'y images o' lasses! :(

This be better :blink:

ebzof2cayka0ukcafimqaxcmo5.jpg

This seems as good a page as any for an update on the Somalian pirates who seized a Ukranian ship flying under a Belize flag, carrying Russian tanks, destined for Kenya, or Sudan, depending on who you believe, which is currently being monitored by, amongst others, a US navy ship. It's a right UN day out off the coast of Hoboyo.

Somali pirates, so little time

The pirates have apparently started fighting amongst themselves. Here's hoping a few of them get sets of keys to the tanks and start shooting each other at close quarters, a bit like the battle tanks part of that awesome old video game, Tron.