maryportfuncity

Suicidal Celebs

Ant McParlin definitely needs to be on the list next year as does Paul Gascoine - if Tim Healey has another health scare we could have trio of famous Geordies on the list.

27 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I dread to think what us real common folk are if this is a commoner .

On her father's side, Sarah is a descendant of King Charles II of England via two of his illegitimate sons, Charles Lennox, 1st Duke of Richmond, and James Scott, 1st Duke of Monmouth. By her paternal great-great-grandfather Henry Brand, 2nd Viscount Hampden and her maternal great-grandfather Mervyn Wingfield, 8th Viscount Powerscourt, Sarah also descends from Lady Anne Palmer.[86][87][88][89] Lady Anne was the eldest child of Royal mistress Barbara Villiers, Duchess of Cleveland; she was acknowledged by King Charles II and adopted the surname Fitzroy.

She has aristocratic ancestry, being the great great-granddaughter of the 6th Duke of Buccleuch, a great-granddaughter of the 8th Viscount Powerscourt and a direct descendant of James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Abercorn and of Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire, making her a distant cousin of her ex-husband Prince Andrew, Duke of York and also of Diana, Princess of Wales. Her paternal grandmother was Marian Montagu Douglas Scott, a first cousin of Lady Alice Montagu Douglas Scott, who married Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, an uncle of Queen Elizabeth II

They'll need a few more ' commoners' in that bloodline to make them remotely attractive .

Oh she has aristocratic connections, sure, but that's all going back such a long way that the genes will be massively watered down.

The further you go back, the more you are likely to find that you are related to yourself  :lol:

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Oh she has aristocratic connections, sure, but that's all going back such a long way that the genes will be massively watered down.

The further you go back, the more you are likely to find that you are related to yourself  :lol:

My ancestry would be something similar to alan partridges i fear if i done my research lol

• Like 1

Yes, I mean, I'm technically related to a former PM, but when you have to go back about 10 branches of a family tree, it becomes meaningless. Sod could have given me a peerage or something. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So far in 2018...almost the 1st month through...and nothing. Anyone else feeling this has been a bit of a disappointing winter?

14 minutes ago, SSWDeathlistfan1996 said:

So far in 2018...almost the 1st month through...and nothing. Anyone else feeling this has been a bit of a disappointing winter?

No. 

• Like 1

Well, on a personal level, this winter has seen me get the all clear on a cancer scare, and my aunt (who helped raise me and is one of my favourite people in the entire world) bounce back aged 90 from an illness which would have KO'd people much younger, so no, this winter's been a fairly un-disappointing and lucky one here.

• Like 3

My fantasy team has gone to shit in recent weeks and the missus has a fever, so it's not been a classic one for me. Thanks for asking, SSWDeathlistfan1996, though.

6 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

My fantasy team has gone to shit in recent weeks and the missus has a fever, so it's not been a classic one for me. Thanks for asking, SSWDeathlistfan1996, though.

just dong my best to look out for the community

Is Castro dead yet?

Yes, and so's his oldest son, Fidel.

Here's someone sliding down the slippery slope of fame.

Jeremy Sylvers -- best known as the kid actor who played Tyler in "Child's Play 3" -- is now a 34-year-old problem child for his mother ... who's been busted for stealing her car.

Law enforcement sources say Sylvers got into an argument with his mom at his L.A. home Friday because she wouldn't drive him somewhere in her car. We're told he got physical, knocked her down and took her keys ... then drove off in her 2002 Honda CRV.  Sylvers' mom called the cops, and we're told they returned to his home Saturday to follow up and he was there ... so they arrested him.
SC

OK I'll play the 'potential suicide' game.  Breaking news:

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens (R) was accused of having an affair with a married woman in 2015. He reportedly blackmailed the mistress in question, threatening to release nude photos of her, to keep her quiet. He admitted to the relationship, but not the blackmail.  On Thursday, he was indicted in St. Louis on a first-degree felony invasion of privacy.

He's about to lose it all.  Power hungry people generally can't tolerate that when it's not on their terms.  One to watch in coming months if not weeks.
SC

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

A generation ago someone in her position would have been a better candidate

Reality television beckons IMHO.

Talk about a FLAMING homosexual!....

A lawyer nationally known for being a champion of gay rights died after setting himself on fire in Prospect Park in Brooklyn early Saturday morning and leaving a note exhorting people to lead less selfish lives as a way to protect the planet, the police said.

The remains of the lawyer, David S. Buckel, 60, were found near Prospect Park West in a field near baseball diamonds and the main loop used by joggers and bikers.  Mr. Buckel left a note in a shopping cart not far from his body and also emailed it to several news media outlets, including The New York Times.  Mr. Buckel was the lead attorney in Brandon v. County of Richardson, in which a Nebraska county sheriff was found liable for failing to protect Brandon Teena, a transgender man who was murdered in Falls City, Neb. Hilary Swank won an Academy Award for her portrayal of Mr. Teena in the 1999 movie “Boys Don’t Cry.”
SC

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

A lawyer nationally known for being a champion of gay rights died after setting himself on fire in Prospect Park in Brooklyn early Saturday morning and leaving a note exhorting people to lead less selfish lives as a way to protect the planet, the police said.

The remains of the lawyer, David S. Buckel, 60, were found near Prospect Park West in a field near baseball diamonds and the main loop used by joggers and bikers.  Mr. Buckel left a note in a shopping cart not far from his body and also emailed it to several news media outlets, including The New York Times.  Mr. Buckel was the lead attorney in Brandon v. County of Richardson, in which a Nebraska county sheriff was found liable for failing to protect Brandon Teena, a transgender man who was murdered in Falls City, Neb. Hilary Swank won an Academy Award for her portrayal of Mr. Teena in the 1999 movie “Boys Don’t Cry.”
SC

Buckel barbeque

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Damn that was good. Good job Sir Creep!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Did he smoke?

Just askin'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Used fossil fuel.  Tsk, tsk.

• Haha 2

Here's someone primed for suicide:

The former head of China’s insurance regulatory body has been formally charged with bribery and abuse of power, prosecutors said on Monday, becoming the most senior financial regulator to be targeted in a continuing crackdown on corruption.  Xiang Junbo, 61, took advantage of his position to amass “an enormous amount of assets” first as a deputy governor of the central bank, then as head of the state-owned Agricultural Bank of China, and finally as chairman of the China Insurance Regulatory Commission, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate said in a statement.
SC

Trans Caribbean writer Gabrielle Bellot, who's written for New York Times, Vice, and the usual other places, posted this to Twitter last night: