maryportfuncity

Suicidal Celebs

50 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

So, there's been a lot of focus on Korean/Japanese pop stars and the pressure they face. This is the 2nd? 3rd? K-pop 20s death this year. We need to start considering the 'big' bands (I know of BTS and Pink, and I'm sure there's a couple other well known ones) in the 27 Club conversation, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CastAway said:

So, there's been a lot of focus on Korean/Japanese pop stars and the pressure they face. This is the 2nd? 3rd? K-pop 20s death this year. We need to start considering the 'big' bands (I know of BTS and Pink, and I'm sure there's a couple other well known ones) in the 27 Club conversation, IMO.

They're basically slaves to the record companies.  They have to agree to plastic surgeries and no romantic relationships. Some are alot worse than others. 

Also the sexual abuse ( mainly the women)  have to put up with. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/22/metoo-k-pop-music-industry-sexaul-assault-scandals-korean-cultural-life

7 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

They're basically slaves to the record companies.  They have to agree to plastic surgeries and no romantic relationships. Some are alot worse than others. 

Also the sexual abuse ( mainly the women)  have to put up with. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/22/metoo-k-pop-music-industry-sexaul-assault-scandals-korean-cultural-life

Don't post that - you'll have British veterans of the record industry getting all whimsical and nostalgic for the good old 1970's

• Like 1

On 02/08/2018 at 18:39, alt obits guy said:

Rick Genest, aka Zombie Boy, a Canadian model who appeared in the Lady Gaga video 'Born This Way' and who was known for his extensive tattoos, including over much of his head & face, has died.  He was 32.  Genest committed suicide and reportedly suffered from mental health issues. 

http://www.iheartradio.ca/news/canadian-model-featured-in-lady-gaga-video-dies-at-32-1.4820326

Coroner finds death of Rick Genest, aka Zombie Boy, was accidental and not a suicide.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/zombie-boy-coroner-report-1.5337812

2 hours ago, Banana said:

I don’t see how someone can definitively determine what a dead person’s intentions were. 

If it was a self inflicted wound they certainly can, by angles and fingerprints and etc.  Other than Suicide by Chainsaw (see thread herein) suicidal wounds are consistent in their delivery.

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

If it was a self inflicted wound they certainly can, by angles and fingerprints and etc.  Other than Suicide by Chainsaw (see thread herein) suicidal wounds are consistent in their delivery.

The guy didn't shoot himself. 

4 hours ago, Banana said:

I don’t see how someone can definitively determine what a dead person’s intentions were. 

Not definitive, just the " most likely scenario".

From the article- The report said a fall from the balcony was the most "likely scenario," given that he was highly intoxicated.

16 hours ago, Banana said:

Well, assuming they climbed a 300 foot chimney and were accidentally caught by their clothing whilst in the act of throwing themselves off - you might usefully assume they meant to hit the ground!

7 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, assuming they climbed a 300 foot chimney and were accidentally caught by their clothing whilst in the act of throwing themselves off - you might usefully assume they meant to hit the ground!

This.

The only other conceivable theory I could come up with was a base jump gone wrong, but there's no mention of tangled parachutes or owt, so seems a long shot, say 300ft.

15 minutes ago, En Passant said:

This.

The only other conceivable theory I could come up with was a base jump gone wrong, but there's no mention of tangled parachutes or owt, so seems a long shot, say 300ft.

The guy had no shirt on and was wedged there from the middle of the previous night - just a hunch, but Carlisle United's current form might have had more to do with the situation than a base jump. In the wake of the Grenfell disaster Cumbria County Council did an urgent review of all vulnerable high rise buildings in the county; sorted it fairly quickly since they only have two! A keen base jumper from Carlisle would be well advised to take a train to Manchester.

17 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

The guy had no shirt on and was wedged there from the middle of the previous night - just a hunch, but Carlisle United's current form might have had more to do with the situation than a base jump. In the wake of the Grenfell disaster Cumbria County Council did an urgent review of all vulnerable high rise buildings in the county; sorted it fairly quickly since they only have two! A keen base jumper from Carlisle would be well advised to take a train to Manchester.

If it were Carlisle's form, Fort William would be a ghost town surely?

Base jumpers like to do structures that haven't been done before, they count the objects, so easier in Manchester might not be what's required especially if those have already been ticked off, also night is often used to evade security more easily. It does seem unlikely that it'd be attempted minus a shirt though, and was only wild speculation on my part in view of there being no sensible reason to be up there other than the fast way down for one reason or another. 

Perhaps he had an extinction rebellion flag stuffed down his trousers...

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

If it were Carlisle's form, Fort William would be a ghost town surely?

Base jumpers like to do structures that haven't been done before, they count the objects, so easier in Manchester might not be what's required especially if those have already been ticked off, also night is often used to evade security more easily. It does seem unlikely that it'd be attempted minus a shirt though, and was only wild speculation on my part in view of there being no sensible reason to be up there other than the fast way down for one reason or another. 

Perhaps he had and extinction rebellion flag stuffed down his trousers...

A fair point, actually - Dixon's Chimney is a landmark visible for a considerable distance and - given Carlisle's geography it's way more visible than the one tower block which houses council offices. So it could have been Fathers for Justice gone very wrong, or summat. That said, local gossip suggests a suicidal and very sad individual. Ironically, then, whilst hanging there he had ages to survey the nearby west coast mainline.

Guys I was referring to the particular situation not in general

19 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Not definitive, just the " most likely scenario".

From the article- The report said a fall from the balcony was the most "likely scenario," given that he was highly intoxicated.

I also think it’s just as if not more likely that he got highly intoxicated, got into his feelings and jumped off. They could probably determine whether he fell or jumped by how far the body went but even then he’s highly intoxicated so who knows what he was doing. Dude has had a history with mental illness in the past so I can’t see how you can turn around and say this was actually accidental. 

35 minutes ago, Banana said:

I also think it’s just as if not more likely that he got highly intoxicated, got into his feelings and jumped off. They could probably determine whether he fell or jumped by how far the body went but even then he’s highly intoxicated so who knows what he was doing. Dude has had a history with mental illness in the past so I can’t see how you can turn around and say this was actually accidental

I'm not disagreeing with you.  As there was doubt, they just went with the more socially acceptable answer. Better to be a drunk dumbass than a depressed suicidal, I guess.

I'm not sure it was mentioned at the time - Rowland Gould, guitarist and founding member of Level 42, hanged himself in April.

28 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I'm not sure it was mentioned at the time - Rowland Gould, guitarist and founding member of Level 42, hanged himself in April.

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:39, Spade_Cooley said:

Level 42 guitarist Boon Gould dead at 64.

The sun goes down

Was known as Boon.

Goddam, this makes me sad. Maybe it's the wine. But I don't get it. 

Kelly Fraser,  Inuk singer and Inuit throat singer , dead at 26. They don't come right out and say suicide,  but it certainly looks that way.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/kelly-fraser-obituary-1.5409059

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Goddam, this makes me sad. Maybe it's the wine. But I don't get it. 

Kelly Fraser,  Inuk singer and Inuit throat singer , dead at 26. They don't come right out and say suicide,  but it certainly looks that way.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/kelly-fraser-obituary-1.5409059

It's either that or - i hate to bring it up because of stereotyping - drugs. They're the only 2 options I can think of that would lead to the references re: the cause of her passing being as oblique as they are.

it sucks, because I found her on YouTube accidentally a while back and really enjoyed her music. Didn't know of this happening, and you're right, for some reason this one feels especially sad. 

• Like 1

He took from the rich and gave a negative balance to the poor.

A suburban Naperville trader died by suicide last week after reportedly seeing he had a $730,000 negative balance on the popular trading app Robinhood, however family members said he may have misinterpreted a financial statement. 

Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old from Naperville, was studying business and had a growing interest in financial markets, family members stated. Kearns died 13 hours after he checked his account on Robinhood.
SC