unregistered guest

The Ramones ...

In 1986, their last "hit" was called "Somebody put something in my drink".

Might just have taken time to work through their systems

That depends on what chart you're basing that on.

They only had one top 10 hit in the UK and that was a cover of "Baby, I love you" it got to #8 in the charts.

Pet Semetary, I don't want to grow up and Poison Heart were top 30 hits in the US.

I base the word hit on whatever has reached the top 75 as per the Guinness Hit singles book. Whatever has been a hit in the USA doesn't mean a thing to me.

Whilst thinking about USA hits, has our beloved pop star, the subject of other forum topics, ever had a hit across the pond?

I base the word hit on whatever has reached the top 75 as per the Guinness Hit singles book. Whatever has been a hit in the USA doesn't mean a thing to me. Whilst thinking about USA hits, has our beloved pop star, the subject of other forum topics, ever had a hit across the pond?

Not sure which one you're referring to.

London bus, summer holidays, own vineyard. Need any more clues?

oh him. to a certain degree. Then again I've only been over here for the past 10 years. but he hasn't made much chart influence recently.

Turns out after all that the last Ramones hit, if you call reaching No 69 a hit, was a ditty called "Poison Heart".....Is that spooky?

What about Rockaway Beach, wasn't that a hit? I had that record back in the day.

Thinking about it, it might have been on a compilation album though.

oh him. to a certain degree. Then again I've only been over here for the past 10 years. but he hasn't made much chart influence recently.

Devil Woman (US #6) and We Don't Talk Anymore (US #7) were hits, but, basically, America has never got him to any significant degree.

What about Rockaway Beach, wasn't that a hit? I had that record back in the day.

Thinking about it, it might have been on a compilation album though.

It wasn't a hit, but many people who grew up hearing The Ramones on the radio would probably know the song. It didn't even get in the charts in the UK.

Devil Woman (US #6) and We Don't Talk Anymore (US #7) were hits, but, basically, America has never got him to any significant degree.

Well the people I hang around with are more familiar with his stuff from the late 50's early 60s. I still see compilations of his in the shops from time to time.

So four years ago today, Tommy Ramone beat out his last.

Is everyone who was in The Ramones dead now? Maybe Phantom or MPFC could assist.....?

Thanks to Deathray for this message.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Is everyone who was in The Ramones dead now? Maybe Phantom or MPFC could assist.....?

Marky Ramone, the drummer who replaced Tommy in 1978 is still alive as of today. Probably a name that should be mentioned in the People you’re surprised that they’re still alive...

• Like 1

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Marky Ramone, the drummer who replaced Tommy in 1978 is still alive as of today. Probably a name that should be mentioned in the People you’re surprised that they’re still alive...

Cheers Joey. ;)

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

At least one person who played with the Ramones is alive, so there's some merit in necroing this thread, unlike all your over lame attempts.

Rebooting all these old threads is just gay.  So it makes sense.

3 hours ago, Deathray said:

At least one person who played with the Ramones is alive, so there's some merit in necroing this thread, unlike all your over lame attempts.

Hmm, just popped on at half time in the WC semi-final.

Seeing as you are so desperate for me to dig another one out Deathers, I'll card index a wee bit later on....:lol:

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Rebooting all these old threads is just gay.  So it makes sense.

Oi! Fuck off with the homophobia.

• Like 2

On 11/07/2018 at 08:43, Joey Russ said:

Also C.J. who replaced Dee Dee on bass is still alive. Other notables are Richie Ramone who was the drummer on the albums "Too Tough To Die", "Animal Boy", and "Halfway To Sanity". As well as penning such songs as "Somebody put something in my drink". And Elvis Ramone aka Clem Burke who was the drummer for just 2 gigs on August 27 and 28th 1987 and was promptly fired by the band. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1B4694C6-2025-44E9-BBA2-FD6DE113D7C3.jpeg