unregistered guest

The Ramones ...

Johnny .. It sounds like he doesn't have much time left:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5218974/

(And speaking of guitarists, I'm surprised- and pleased- to find that this website is smart enough not to bet against Keith Richards. That expression about nuclear war and cockroaches was invented for keith, I think.)

It's my belief that Mr. Richards entered the shadowy world of the undead years before Goth became trendy.

Good catch on Mr. Ramone. Will he qualify in terms of fame?

Johnny Ramone comfortably passes the fame test in my book - too bad he selected that trusty "secret cancer" route - I reckon there's a spot reserved for him on DeathList 2005 if he's interested.

Re Keef.

Apparently, Keef Richards has given up smoking ON THE ADVICE OF HIS DOCTOR!

Christ, if Keef has given up, what hope is there for the rest of us 40 a day black-lungs.

At least we used to be able to justify our habit by believing we were living a facsimile of the rock and roll lifestyle as personified by Mr. R.

Now, we truly are the unloved

Conflicting stories are now emerging as to Johnnies condition. See the link below telling us he's not knocking at deaths door at this moment in time.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1488468/2...?headlines=true

Let's hope not... yet. It's a long way to go until the next list is drawn-up, and I for one think Johnny is an excellent nomination.

DWB :lol:

Read yesterday on teletext (p 501) that Mr cummings is losing his battle against testicular cancer. Candidate for 2005? Probably a good time for all us men to check our own :lol:

oops!!! Sorry, I didn't see unregistered guest's topic started before mine :lol:

[No worries, topics now merged. DWB]

could he be releasing a new single and needed the publicity???? :ph34r:

Guest DanaDo

Um, I believe Johnny Ramone died today...

Guest Burnside
Um, I believe Johnny Ramone died today...

Yes, unfortunately this is true

Guest Guest

you'd be correct

http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_2...ed=ap&top=1

Johnny Ramone, of 'The Ramones,' Dies at 55

LOS ANGELES - Johnny Ramone, guitarist and co-founder of the seminal punk band "The Ramones," has died. He was 55.

Ramone died in his sleep Wednesday afternoon at his Los Angeles home surrounded by friends and family, his publicist said. He had battled prostate cancer for five years, and was hospitalized in June at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Ramone, born John Cummings, was one of the original members of the Ramones, whose hit songs "I Wanna be sedated" and "Blitzkrieg Bop," among others, earned the band induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.

The band's singer, Joey Ramone, whose real name was Jeff Hyman, died in 2001 of lymphatic cancer. Bassist Dee Dee Ramone, who was born Douglas Colvin, died from a drug overdose in 2002.

Johnny Ramone founded "The Ramones" in 1974 with Joey Ramone, DeeDee Ramone and Tommy Ramone, the only surviving member of the original band.

A tribute concert and cancer research fund-raiser was held Sunday in Los Angeles to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary. It featured performances by Los Angeles punk band X, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Henry Rollins and others.

Along with his wife, Linda Cummings, Johnny Ramone was surrounded at his death by friends Eddie and Jill Vedder, and Rob and Sherrie Zombie. Other friends who gathered at his Los Angeles home included Lisa Marie Presley, Pete Yorn, Vincent Gallo and Talia Shire.

Guest Ade
could he be releasing a new single and needed the publicity???? :referee:

hope you are feeling somewhat ashamed of youe post...

The Ramones are bettering the Beatles now on deceased members. Mind at the age of 55 he could be accused a queue jumping a bit.

Twenty twenty twenty four hours ago

I wanna be cremated

could he be releasing a new single and needed the publicity????

hope you are feeling somewhat ashamed of youe post...

Let me think..............................NO!

Twenty twenty twenty four hours ago

I wanna be cremated

Blatant thievery completed. Thanks, CR! :referee:

Guest RockNtheCasbah79

R.I.P Johnny Ramone will be missed by many... :referee:

All day, ALL DAY! I sat at work trying to think of an amusing Ramones inspired, death headline, and all I could think of was the Hey Ho! Lets Go! attempt ... and then Ronnie comes up with I wanna be cremated. Bugger. I was still thinking of some kind of flat-lining "Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment" type thing, and it never really got any better than rubbish.

Well done Ronnie.

Git.

DWB :referee:

Guest Engelsvold

Joey Ramone, Dee Dee Ramone and Johnny Ramone R.I.P, and thanks for all :referee:;) great music + + + + + :rip: !My Webpage

Guest Norway
Ramones NorwayJoey Ramone, Dee Dee Ramone and Johnny Ramone R.I.P, and thanks for all

All day, ALL DAY! I sat at work trying to think of an amusing Ramones inspired, death headline, and all I could think of was the Hey Ho! Lets Go! attempt ... and then Ronnie comes up with I wanna be cremated. Bugger. I was still thinking of some kind of flat-lining "Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment" type thing, and it never really got any better than rubbish.

Well done Ronnie.

Git.

DWB :referee:

You know what they say, DWB, "Good poets imitate..."

I couldn't come up with anything either, so I mugged Ronnie's line to great effect! :rip: