CarolAnn

Baseball

Lou Piniella's kind of fun to watch too.

I agree but sometimes it actually seems like Piniella puts a show on deliberately. I thought Yankee reliever Kyle Farnsworth had every right to take a knock at Clemens on some radio interview, because if you are truly apart of a team I believe you should be at every game. Although how many pitchers are Roger Clemens and are still pitching gems at forty four? None. So Kyle should keep his mouth shut, he is only a minor reliever who is lucky to throw hard. Not a pitching legend.

BS, you make no sense. You start out saying that Farnsworth has every right to knock Clemens and at the end you say he should keep his mouth shut. Which is it? Did you change your mind that quickly? By the way, Clemens lost again today. 10 1/2 out.

• Like 1

Roger Clemens looks like he is finished as an effective pitcher.

The Yanks should never have signed him.

Roger Clemens looks like he is finished as an effective pitcher.

The Yanks should never have signed him.

I'm rooting for his arm to fall off after throwing a pitch.

BS, you make no sense. You start out saying that Farnsworth has every right to knock Clemens and at the end you say he should keep his mouth shut. Which is it? Did you change your mind that quickly? By the way, Clemens lost again today. 10 1/2 out.

Roger Clemens has a career 349 wins, I just checked the box score and he got hit pretty hard but let's not forget that this was at 'Coors Field' the greatest enemy to any pitcher in baseballs history.

He might not be the same rocket that took off a 20-3 record back in the year 2000, but to judge him off one little bad start is just completely ridiculous. I still consider him one of the most dominant pitchers to take the mound at age 44, and by the way he struck out six batters during his short game - not so impressive??

On the Farnsworth - Clemens issue I don't blame him for being open about his opinion, it's just taking it into perspective that Roger is such a living legend and still so effective - in the end Kyle is just a minor reliever, who is by the way very overrated and who has not that much value compared to Clemens. The comment really wasn't his place.

Anyway don't get the wrong impression, I respect Clemens for his talent and veteran ability but that doesn't mean I like him as a person and I'm sure his sons are cocky little pricks who will never amount to what pops has done. Besides Deadsox, I'm sure if he went back to Boston you would be fasting before every game he started, O and Japanese Christmas present Daisuke Matsuzakaaaaaaaaa would be lucky if he were 5 - 5 at this point on an average team. But the hero from the dark Hideki Okajima is a very inspiring story.

BS-

A few points:

* Clemens is actually doing us a favor by taking a lot of Steinbrenner's money.

* Matsuzaka is on pace to win 20 games and he's just a rookie. He's getting better all the time.

* Okajima has been a wonderful surprise.

* The Yankees would love to have any of our starters, even our #5, Julian Tavares.

* This season has been fun so far.

Texas is 17.5 games back and flirting with the worst record in the majors. I'm sitting back and laughing at all this for the rest of the season.

I think the only more ridiculous than Roger Clemens is his wife. Very pretty, yes, but she's in trouble when those looks fade.

* Matsuzaka is on pace to win 20 games and he's just a rookie. He's getting better all the time.

Possibly the AL rookie of the year, the NL Rookie will go to Hunter Pence if he keeps up at this legendary pace. My point was if he were on an average team without the offense of Pops Ortiz and a few other names he would only end up winning 13 - 15 games. Something like a Hideo Nomo a couple years ago, but his K's are truly outstanding. Still he is no, Erik Bedard.

* The Yankees would love to have any of our starters, even our #5, Julian Tavares.

The Red Sox have a brilliant staff, from Timlin to Okajima and a couple solid rookies in the bullpen - to Josh Beckett and Schilling from the starting staff. It's all there without a shadow of a doubt, but the Yankees have a sturdy staff with Ching Ming Wang who has been effective so far, and not to mention a 19 game winner last season. Andy Pettitte has been pitching gems every time out there, it's just a drag for him since when he pitches they usually don't hit. Mike Mussina is rapidly aging, but I still think some nights he has his stuff.

Let's not forget early on in the season every single starter was injured, and Kei Igawa proved to be a complete f****n waste of money while Carl Pavano (Another bad investment) got injured for the fourth time and the whole month of April were (AAA) call ups, basically a rookie pitching staff. I blame this season on failure to stay healthy, and it's possible the 2007 Yankees are the shadow of the 2006 Atlanta Braves, finally losing the touch they've long had for the passed decade.

I don't think Julian Taverez could help much as a starter, he might be a better plan for long relief out of the bullpen. I've always believed offense in any sport is important, but let's face it talking baseball pitching wins games, and the bullpen is a key part of that.

Something like a Hideo Nomo a couple years ago, but his K's are truly outstanding. Still he is no, Erik Bedard.

He's better than Hideo Nomo. I've watched both of them.

I don't think Julian Taverez could help much as a starter, he might be a better plan for long relief out of the bullpen. I've always believed offense in any sport is important, but let's face it talking baseball pitching wins games, and the bullpen is a key part of that.

That's because you haven't really watched Tavares. After a rocky start he's been a very solid starter often beating the other team's #1's and #2's.

That's because you haven't really watched Tavares. After a rocky start he's been a very solid starter often beating the other team's #1's and #2's.

I do not pretend to understand baseball, but perhaps a little more fibre (or curry) is needed in his diet. Having spent time in India, Sri Lanka and Bradford, my number 2's would've been hard to beat too.

Some footage of Tavares in action for Banshees, which I hope you enjoy.

Dave I'm sorry I watched the first thirty seconds.

No Banshees, I'm sorry. At best a puerile 'joke'. (But he did say number 2's, and I love that song).

Perhaps you can try to watch more than 30 seconds of this. :)

Hi Dave-

Not that Tavares but it gave me a chuckle. The "Yankees Choke" thing on UTube brought back a lot of great memories. Thanks. Go Red Sox!

Guest Guest_iain_*

i have the sam boston redsox hat four the past four years.i bought the hat at the fllees markit.thehat was in good conition when i bought it.it says on it boston redsox and i where it alot.nw hile i say my favorite hat i like the book curuous george.thats a good book.i also like lemonaid mix with alots of suger.i also like pridicting deathi pridict a death is imminent.i also want the redsox to win the world seriese.my favorit sock is my left sock.so i like Ramirez fromthe redsox.he plays left feild.i dont like the yankees n iwish the yankees could stop beeting the redsox cuz no stopp bein stupid i think yankees r bums n ilike the redsox.

Guest Guest_iain_*

ialso want to grow a beard like theredsox but im not aloowid to tuch razors soi dont tuch thembut im a redsox fan.i wish every1 cood be a redsox fan.

Rather than jump completely into the discussion (I have to get up for work in 5 hours), I figured I'd pass along this little nugget of joy if no one's mentioned it.

Roger Clemens.... in 2057

Go Sox!

Perhaps you can try to watch more than 30 seconds of this. :)

David, your so creative. Nobody and I mean nobody will overcome that video until Mark Felt.

Rather than jump completely into the discussion (I have to get up for work in 5 hours), I figured I'd pass along this little nugget of joy if no one's mentioned it.

Roger Clemens.... in 2057

Go Sox!

Brainy, that was wonderful. Thanks. By the way, Clemens is now 1-3 with a 5.32 ERA.

The Home Run Derby airs tonight. Participants include

Ryan Howard (Defending champion\ Don't think he will win)

Prince Fielder (I say he makes finals and loses to Pujols)

Justin Morneau (Could be very surprising)

Albert Pujols (My pick to win)

Magglio Ordonez (Could go either way)

Vladimir Guerrero (For some reason I say not that impressive)

Matt Holiday (You never know?)

Alex Rios ( Lucky if he hits 2)

Care to reasses this list?

Care to reasses this list?

It looks like your assessment of Guerrero and Rios was wrong Banshees.

V. Guerrero edges Rios, 3-2, to win Home Run Derby

FF Pujols my prediction finished third place and I seriously under-estimated Alex Rios. Pujols took it to the extreme but couldn't tie Vlad with fourteen at the end of the second round. A T&T park is not really the best place for a derby unless your Bonds swing to 309, but in the end the derby is just for fun. I went with experience and Vladimir must have had all his Derby experience in batting practice.

The All - Star game got exciting towards the end until Aaron Rowand flew out to right with the bases loaded. It was a low scoring game but Seattle's prize outfielder Ichiro Suzuki hit an inside - the park home run not to mention going 2 - 2 beforehand. He took home the MVP and is seriously one of the best natural hitters in the game and will also get one hell of a contract next year.

And before the game some guy won a contest to swing for a million, he was allowed to use a metal bat and hit off a tee. The point was he had to hit the ball a certain distance to win a certain amount of money, the grand prize was a million and in three swings I don't think he hit it out of the infield once. Un f****n believable.

Guest Guest

OK, the Red Sox got Eric Gagne and didn't have to give much up. The bullpen is now as strong as I've ever seen it.

The Braves dealing big getting Teixeira and reliever Octavio Dotel in hope to catch first place in the NL east.

The Red Sox are looking more intimidating then ever with a stocked team. Tonight Tom Glavine goes for his 300th win against the Brewers and I'm hoping it's the worst game of his career because I might be attending his next start at Shea, and hopefully he blows it tonight so I can see history.

Tonight Tom Glavine goes for his 300th win against the Brewers and I'm hoping it's the worst game of his career because I might be attending his next start at Shea, and hopefully he blows it tonight so I can see history.

Tom didn't, but the Mets' bullpen did. His next start's at Wrigley, where I hope he does the business.

• Like 1