CarolAnn

Baseball

John Farrell, the Boston Red Sox manager, has been diagnosed with Stage 1 Lymphoma and will miss the rest of his season as he begins treatment. The cancer was detected Monday when Farrell underwent surgery for a hernia.

SC

• Like 1

Former major league pitcher Joaquin Andujar, who helped lead the St. Louis Cardinals to the 1982 World Series title, died Tuesday in the Dominican Republic after a long battle with diabetes. He was 62.

He was on a few All-Star teams and was a pretty decent pitcher for a few years though his overall record doesn't quite indicate that. He's more famous for his World Series meltdown--typical Dominican hothead--from which his career never recovered.

SC

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13608527/former-mlb-pitcher-joaquin-andujar-62-dies-battle-diabetes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7xcLE__fQ4

Death Notice for Alex Monchak, oldest living Philadelphia Phillies player at 98. http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Alex-Monchak&lc=4474&pid=175836554&mid=6595027

He's in the DDP, but as the news doesn't even seem to have made the news in the USA yet, obit chances are questionable.

Former Detroit Tiger (among other things) Rusty Staub suffered a heart attack while on a plane from Ireland to the US.

As I stated, I too woul​d have a heart attack if I ever made it to Ireland and then had to leave.

SC

• Like 1

Former Detroit Tiger (among other things) Rusty Staub suffered a heart attack while on a plane from Ireland to the US.

As I stated, I too woul​d have a heart attack if I even made it to Ireland and then had to leave.

SC

I know its such a good country
  • Like 1

As I stated, I too woul​d have a heart attack if I even made it to Ireland and then had to leave.

SC

I know its such a good country

County Clare all the way. Feakle Parish. I wish I was making that up. Nothing you can say would dissuade me.

SC​

John Farrell, the Boston Red Sox manager, has been diagnosed with Stage 1 Lymphoma and will miss the rest of his season as he begins treatment. The cancer was detected Monday when Farrell underwent surgery for a hernia.

SC

Update:

​Manager John Farrell is expected back next season after undergoing cancer treatment. Boston announced Farrell’s return before the season finale against Cleveland on Sunday. The 53-year-old left the Red Sox in August after being diagnosed with Stage 1 lymphoma, detected when he had surgery to repair a hernia.

SC

Former MLB pitcher Tommy Hanson has died, the Atlanta Braves confirmed late Monday night.

Hanson pitched five seasons in the major leagues, four with the Braves and one with the Los Angeles Angels in 2013 following a trade. He was 29.

SC

http://abc13.com/sports/former-pitcher-tommy-hanson-dies-at-age-29/1076951/

Lou Brock

76 year old Cardinals Hall Of Famer had his leg amputated

They actually amputated the wrong one and had to go back and amputate the correct one. He was going to sue the hospital but his attorney said he didn't have a leg to stand on.

SC

Lou Brock

"The good news though is Brock is recuperating now and is already taking steps on his road to recovery."

Doesn't seem the best choice of words.

• Like 2

Lou Brock

"The good news though is Brock is recuperating now and is already taking steps on his road to recovery."

Doesn't seem the best choice of words.

Yes and I guess he won't steal any more bases on us like in the 1967 World Series.

Former MLB pitcher Tommy Hanson has died, the Atlanta Braves confirmed late Monday night.

Hanson pitched five seasons in the major leagues, four with the Braves and one with the Los Angeles Angels in 2013 following a trade. He was 29.

SC

http://abc13.com/sports/former-pitcher-tommy-hanson-dies-at-age-29/1076951/

Now being called a drug overdose. Though I think anyone sensible would've suspected a 29 year old with 'catastophoic organ failure' prolly was dabbling.

SC

Guest Sawbux

willie mays just got the freedom medal. not sure if its a last minute thing

willie mays just got the freedom medal. not sure if its a last minute thing

Hope he didn't stay on the stage too long....