maryportfuncity

Parting Shots

Louis, this could the be the beginning of a beautiful friendship

A cracking parting shot from Casablanca.

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me as to what Casablanca means in English.

White House, I'm told.

In a similar vein there's Blade Runner:

It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?

regards,

Hein

The Departed, but which one? I have my favourite (it has to be the fall) but won't say more than that for those who haven't yet seen it.

Either the last scene of 'Spoorloos' (The Vanishing) - the original version of course; or the death of Bennie in 'Bring me the Head of Alfredo Garcia.'

I'm not sure what the movie was or who the actors were, but I remember seeing a flick when I was a kid that ended with the two (bank-robbing?) lead characters looking like they were going to make a getaway across the state border and off to freedom. The car they were in was being chased by the police and had to race to a level-crossing before a train arrived. If they got there in time they'd get away with it, if not they'd get caught.

In the end, they got there at the same time as the train. Crunch!

I'm not sure what the movie was or who the actors were, but I remember seeing a flick when I was a kid that ended with the two (bank-robbing?) lead characters looking like they were going to make a getaway across the state border and off to freedom. The car they were in was being chased by the police and had to race to a level-crossing before a train arrived. If they got there in time they'd get away with it, if not they'd get caught.

I saw that film too, H. At first I thought it might be Bonnie & Clyde, but they get shot at the end.

I too vaguely remember this film and it's really been annoying me trying to work out what it was called.

Could it be Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry?

I too vaguely remember this film and it's really been annoying me trying to work out what it was called.

Yep, TF, that's the one. Good call. Youtube helpfully has a clip of the last 9+ mins of the film

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LqaAi9I15Pg

which I have now just watched. Awesome

Yep, TF, that's the one. Good call. Youtube helpfully has a clip of the last 9+ mins of the film

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LqaAi9I15Pg

which I have now just watched. Awesome

The last few seconds of that were used as part of the opening credits on The Fall Guy!

And it was more than 2 bank robbers, Susan George was in the back seat.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. But did they die?

I must say one of my favourite scenes in movies is the scene in Kill Bill, where Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu (as the Bride and O Ren Ishii) have their sword fight in the garden.

The snow, the light, the water dripping down, everything is just to die for cigar.gif

I fing d it tragdsinc indeede terribley teraGIC THAT OWnly atjheists atre gojung to yett bert allowwed to poist her3e.

I;wm oute or gin anfdwe drambuiere i ;';; be back shorlty.

If that load of utter gobshite is representative of the genreal level of ability of your menbership, it probalby explains why you're such a sad bunch of lonle y F*****g losers.

RIP Paul Hunter

p.s. and no, I'm not going to waste my time reading he whole site; I know what makes you sick perverts tick. So do other guests from what I read. This is my "parting shot" lol knobs. I'm off to a proper site to pay my res[pects to Paul Hunter. Good night, and F**k off!

I guess that will be that then. Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. Kiss before you go!!!

Col. Turner in Where Eagles Dare. In a plane over the Alps, exposed as a spy, your gun has no firing pin.

The only way out for a gentleman........the door!

Col. Turner in Where Eagles Dare. In a plane over the Alps, exposed as a spy, your gun has no firing pin.

The only way out for a gentleman........the door!

Superb spot, Paddy! Flying plane, open door; I always thought that would be bad, but since I had the chance to jump out of a plane, I know it would be bad. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggghhh! Thud!

How about the priest, played by Patrick Troughton, in The Omen (1976), who tries to warn Ambassador Thorne that his son Damien is from hell, then gets impaled by a lightning rod which falls from the spire of his church. An emphatic exit (pic too big to post) stage left for Father O'Whatever.

patricktroughtonaaarrrgghck9.jpg

"Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhh!" Thud!

The doddering alchi in Hitchcock's 'The Birds' surrounded by petrol running from a petrol station and so hammered he tries to light a fag despite everyone screaming at him. That moment when he drops the match....magic!

Caught that moment in The Green Mile tonight when they stick the guy in the electric chair and he doesn't have the wet sponge on his head.

Awesome!

That chap in Fargo who got fed head first in to a tree shredder.

In curious case of life imitating art, this has just happened to an unfortunate forestry worker in California.

We'll just be trying to gather as much of the remains as we can," said Deputy Coroner Larry Esslinger :skull: