DevonDeathTrip

Kim Jong-Il

The mystery deepens. Kim (or his double) failed to appear at one of those interminable weapons parades so beloved of Communist regimes. I mean, if something was going to tempt him into public, surely standing still for hours saluting missiles would have done it?

Karma's a bitch, Kim Jong-il

Who's gonna die first? Kim Jong-il or Fidel Castro?

That'll be pretty awesome if both croaked this year. :crossbone:

The mystery deepens. Kim (or his double) failed to appear at one of those interminable weapons parades so beloved of Communist regimes. I mean, if something was going to tempt him into public, surely standing still for hours saluting missiles would have done it?

May have had a stroke.

But given his claims of golfing prowess, it was just a single stroke

The world is still awaiting, though BBC News covered the story this morning. The big news hitters are treating this as important. Still think he's alive, meself, mind. Just very ill.

I say he's dead. Which would be a shame, as if he is alive he'd be a great candidate for 2009. Not that the N. Koreans will ever announce if he dies.

I say he's dead. Which would be a shame, as if he is alive he'd be a great candidate for 2009. Not that the N. Koreans will ever announce if he dies.

Listen, I have generated some prolific ideas for DL 2009 and a whole new method of selection which gives more of a voice to the people. I cannot get into the details at this time but I'm going to need somebody like Cowboy Ronnie, who will support my ambition.

If North Korea's Dear Leader Kim Jong-il is still living by the end of this year, I would imagine he will be present at the selection. :)

Listen, I have generated some prolific ideas for DL 2009 and a whole new method of selection which gives more of a voice to the people. I cannot get into the details at this time but I'm going to need somebody like Cowboy Ronnie, who will support my ambition.

We've been here before.

I believe the answer is that "deathlist is not a democracy".

If Kim Jong-il pulls a Suharto that will truly provide a source of exuberance for our regulars here.

From North Korea: Kim Jong-il's organs are failing ... (40 minutes later) ... Kim Jong-il's organs are not failing. ... (1 hour later) ... Kim Jong il has eaten a biscuit. It's back and forth until you finally decide that all you can do is wish that situation the very best... and I think we know what I mean by that.

Oh, sometimes you just have to let it go ... ..

May have had a stroke.

But given his claims of golfing prowess, it was just a single stroke

Would make an interesting pairing on the celebrity golf circuit, him and Ballesteros...

Here's 'Kim Jong-il' photographed 'watching a football match', 'recently'. After the match, he bought a 'large portion of chips' which he then 'pissed on'.

kim460.jpg

This article would suggest that the Koreans are now faking photographs of Kim.

Just out of interest, why is Kim Jong-Il listed as a 'leader' rather than a 'dictator' as Fidel Castro is?

Just out of interest, why is Kim Jong-Il listed as a 'leader' rather than a 'dictator' as Fidel Castro is?

Because Kim Jong-Il says so.

The Dear Leader appears to have named his youngest son, Jong Un, as his successor. Given that the lad is but 24, maybe he is giving a message that he intends on hanging around for a while. However, reading the article it might also seem that his other sons are simply not up to the job, and he may be pre-empting an imminent power vacuum.

I actually had to read the link to make sure you weren't joking about that name...

The Dear Leader appears to have named his youngest son, Jong Un, as his successor.

US envoy to North Korea Christopher Hill was interviewed on the World Service last night. On being asked whether Kim Jong-il was dead or not, he said that he believed he had been ill but was now better and getting well again, and that there was no intelligence suggesting otherwise.