honez

Jimmy Savile

Cearial Smythe was a certainty, Bron Broon a surprise and Pervy Hoctor nailed on......

He is a follow up to that . According to twitter she will be named later this week.

http://therebel.org/...pedophile-ring/

One name sticks out on that list to me .

I guess we know now why savile's driver died before the trial.

• Like 1

He is a follow up to that . According to twitter she will be named later this week.

http://therebel.org/...pedophile-ring/

One name sticks out on that list to me .

I guess we know now why savile's driver died before the trial.

Well if the rumours are true it would certainly add an odd sort of perspective to the Major dinner table sketches on Spitting Image...

So is every famous person in Britain a pedophile?

John Leslie only raped adults, so hats off to him.

• Like 1

CourtNewsUK ‏@CourtNewsUK 28m

DLT asked student to guard plush camper van, touched security badge on her chest and joked 'securi-titty!' court hears

The man seems to be a living McGill postcard...

There may be more to come, of course, but I'm generally uneasy about hounding men for incidents thirty-odd years ago that just amount to groping, goosing, or copping a sly feel. This went on everywhere, and was never seen as "sexual assault" (which was something on another level). It was unpleasant*, but not a criminal offence. We dealt with these sleazebags by avoiding them, making withering comments or kneeing them in the nuts. Nowadays men know that this behaviour is not acceptable, but it was sort of tolerated back then.

*unless you fancied the bloke, obv. Sometimes it was just a clumsy form of flirtation.

Might I suggest the misleading thread title be changed? As this has spiraled beyond simply Mr Savile, perhaps 'Nonce-sense' might be more appropriate?

(It is my personal belief that Chris Morris should be referenced as often as possible.)

In other news, I had a debate with a colleague today about DLT. Now, I am not saying he was blameless. A quick google reveals that some of the ccusations are quite serious, however, the stuff that seems to be making the news such as;

Grinding his groin against a colleague during a smoochy song.

Groping somebody's bottom

Flicking a name badge attached to a busty security guard and commenting 'Securi-titty'

Jiggling the breasts of a colleague as she read the news

Seems to me, an 80's child, to be simply the way men carried on in the seventies/early eighties. Trying it on forcefully with women, slapping arses and jiggling boobs was rife in the eighties by my recollection. In fact, the 'Have you had your boobs weighed' proto-meme was doing the rounds when I was in high school in the mid 90's. By modern standards of course his behaviour was unacceptable, however, if we consider that he did this around a time when Benny Hill more or less glorified such actions on a prime time TV show as 'comedic', how can we now lambast them as 'criminal' and 'shocking'.

Be in no doubt, the Sexual Offences Act 1956 DOES cover what he has done, and does categorise it as 'indecent assault', however, by the same token the 'bums rush' beloved of Rugby fans around the time was an offence of 'Indecent Exposure' under the Vagrancy act of 1824 and vintage football chants such as 'you're going home in a fucking ambulance' are similarly illegal under the Offences Against the Persons Act of 1861. They were accepted as part of life, and thus never charged.

The example I gave to my colleague was this; as a Scotsman, I am routinely referred to as a 'Sweaty sock' by English colleagues. This causes no offence to me, coming as it does from harmless cockney rhyming slang for 'Jock'. However, lets say that over the next few years an event occurs which renders the use of that term pejorative on a level with the 'N word'.

Under the Public Order Act 1986, the use of threatening or abusive words or behaviour is an offence.

Should I therefore be able to complain that I was once called a sweaty sock, as the term is now pejorative? Of course not. Its fine to say it now, and people should be judged by the standards of their time.

I'm not excusing the actions of DLT, but it is society's fault, not his, that this behaviour was so prevalent as to not draw comment at the time. We cannot apply new legislation retrospectively, so we should not try to apply more stringent application of old legislation retrospectively.

If you are still in doubt, have a look at the last time you so a seventies comedy show on TV. Almost none of them are re-run because by modern standards they are racist, sexist and discriminatory in a way that modern audiences would find appalling. I don't see the producers of those shows being dragged before the BBC's professional standards committee and asked to account for them, as they were simply 'of their time'.

• Like 2

Er........ I think if they were really all that harmless he wouldn't be being tried right now. Not that I'm trying to suggest we live in an era where people are reluctant to take others in court or anything...... but just saying, I think you might be trying a bit too hard to sympathise with the offender there. I mean there were probably people trying to defend Ian Watkins by saying "he was off his head on drugs, wasn't his fault". You have to draw a line somewhere.

Yes some of them might just be "milking" something which didn't even really bother them at the time. But I'm sure some of them really were badly affected by it so he's probably getting his just desserts.

In the current climate, CPS would take the accusation that a celebrity sexually assaulted you with a unicorn horn, whilst high on pixie dust and rocking horse shit to court.

They are getting so much flack for chinning Savile, Watkins et al off in the past that they don't care about the stats, they just want to pass the issue elsewhere and be able to say they tried.

I'm not saying DLT was innocent of all the charges by virtue of climate, I can't think of a time in the last few centuries where putting bits of you inside someone else against their will (unless it was your wife, whom you could legally rape until 1991) was okay, but grinding against someone, squeezing boobs and bums, and generally being more forceful in your pursuit of the ladies was pretty standard back in the day.

• Like 1

Well DLT was presenting TOTP's with stuff by bangers of the day like ''Racey''

Some girls will, some girls won't

Some girls need a lot of lovin' and some girls don't

Well, I know I've got the fever but I don't know why

Some say they will and some girls lie

Open invitation imho.........

• Like 1

Yes some of them might just be "milking" something...

I thought DLT was only jiggling 'em as the colleague read the news...

Of course DLT's crimes are nowhere near the crimes of savile and watkins but the simple fact of the matter is would you want DLT grabbing and feeling your up ? Some of these women seem genuinely disturbed listening to the testimony and rightfully so.

I have a feeling if the whole savile thing hadn't blown up and people reported DLT it would most likely be dismissed .

I'm wondering whether DLT copped a feel of Aung San Suu Kyi when he had the chance...

• Like 1

Well DLT was presenting TOTP's with stuff by bangers of the day like ''Racey''

Some girls will, some girls won't

Some girls need a lot of lovin' and some girls don't

Well, I know I've got the fever but I don't know why

Some say they will and some girls lie

Open invitation imho.........

Try the Rolling Stones Some Girls

Er........ I think if they were really all that harmless he wouldn't be being tried right now. Not that I'm trying to suggest we live in an era where people are reluctant to take others in court or anything...... but just saying, I think you might be trying a bit too hard to sympathise with the offender there. I mean there were probably people trying to defend Ian Watkins by saying "he was off his head on drugs, wasn't his fault". You have to draw a line somewhere.

Yes some of them might just be "milking" something which didn't even really bother them at the time. But I'm sure some of them really were badly affected by it so he's probably getting his just desserts.

Sympathising with the offender? where do you get that from?

EGN and I are clearly on the same wavelength, we remember how things actually were then. If I'd been groped by DLT or his ilk, I'd probably have done him some minor damage with an elbow or knee at the time. Job done. I wouldn't be running to the police about it in 2013, that's for sure.

• Like 4

Looking around a few different forums, it seems that everyone thinks it is the obvious suspect...

Jimmy Saville?

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Looking around a few different forums, it seems that everyone thinks it is the obvious suspect...

Gary Glitter is beloved? who by? The yorkshire ripper and ian Brady?!

Yer da?

The victim was only ten years old? Why do they always target The Young Ones?

Congratulations are due to the victim for having the courage to come forward after all his time, an ordeal like that can't have been much of a Summer Holiday.

Luckily, shes said to have been able to show the police where the unnamed suspect touched her, using a Living Doll for reference. This was all recorded in a room which was Wired For Sound, so it can be shown to the jury later if need be.

I just hope the defence don't do the usual of trying to paint her as some sort of Devil Woman, as I Just Don't Have The Heart to hear her being berated to the point where she decides to tell the court that 'We Don't Talk Anymore'.

In any event, I send the victim All My Love and All I Ask Of You is that you join me in saying a Millennium Prayer for her this Saviours Day.

• Like 2