honez

Jimmy Savile

Mo' Leicester mo problems

Lionel Blair won't work with kids anymore because he's afraid of false child abuse allegations. Do we take this statement at face value?

I had no idea the old hoofer was still "working."

It gives him a break from noncing, obviously.

Lionel questioned by the cops? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3579649/Lionel-Blair-blasts-claims-linking-VIP-paedophile-ring-questioned-detectives.html

Lionel Blair won't work with kids anymore because he's afraid of false child abuse allegations. Do we take this statement at face value?

I had no idea the old hoofer was still "working."

It gives him a break from noncing, obviously.

Lionel questioned by the cops? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3579649/Lionel-Blair-blasts-claims-linking-VIP-paedophile-ring-questioned-detectives.html

Meh.. it's merely a Blair witch-hunt project.

• Like 4

Slightly off topic but I'm wondering if the seemingly accidental double entendre is actually a sly and very grim gag

Basically, Victoria Derbyshire's show explores the troubled life of a 39 year old Belgian Paedo who wants to end his life via euthenasia (Youth in Asia - geddit?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xrcz3

Is this one up there with the time the BBC slipped a corker in by announcing "Ted Heath spent last night in Amman?"

Former Crown Prosecution Service chief Nazir Afzal told the ITV Exposure programme that Freud, who died in 2009 aged 84, would have been charged with child sex offences based on Sylvia’s case if he was still alive.

He said: “I would have no doubt there is sufficient evidence to prosecute Sir Clement Freud.”

Like the sufficient evidence that saw Ken Barlow and Dr Fox walk free? Even DLT was cleared on nearly every charge. I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm just saying what they've got does not necessarily constitute proof. Nor does it excuse this front page of tomorrow's Daily Fail:

_89981468_dm_15june.jpg

Which contains the following in its first two sentences:

Clement Freud can today be exposed as a child abuser. Two women have come forward to claim the late broadcaster and former MP molested them.

For a newspaper that railed against the treatment of Ted Heath and Lord Bramall, can you imagine a front page like this for someone like, for instance, David Owen or Norman Tebbit, i.e. those still living? I have no juice on either of those people by the way, they were the first random names that came to mind as prominent 80s politicians who are still breathing.

I know trying to insert logic into a discussion on the Daily Fail is pointless but still. I didn't see the programme, nor am I likely to, and I'm not suggesting these women aren't necessarily telling the truth, but what evidence do we have besides these two ladies' words? There won't be a trial, there may not even be a report. And even if there was, and he was somehow found innocent, are the Mail going to retract their front page? Hmmm...

Slightly off topic but I'm wondering if the seemingly accidental double entendre is actually a sly and very grim gag

Basically, Victoria Derbyshire's show explores the troubled life of a 39 year old Belgian Paedo who wants to end his life via euthenasia (Youth in Asia - geddit?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xrcz3

Is this one up there with the time the BBC slipped a corker in by announcing "Ted Heath spent last night in Amman?"

I'm trying to work out if I should be offended by this

• Like 4

Is there anyone who died shortly before their 85th birthday who wasn't a kiddy-raper?

Former Crown Prosecution Service chief Nazir Afzal told the ITV Exposure programme that Freud, who died in 2009 aged 84, would have been charged with child sex offences based on Sylvia’s case if he was still alive.

He said: “I would have no doubt there is sufficient evidence to prosecute Sir Clement Freud.”

Like the sufficient evidence that saw Ken Barlow and Dr Fox walk free? Even DLT was cleared on nearly every charge. I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm just saying what they've got does not necessarily constitute proof. Nor does it excuse this front page of tomorrow's Daily Fail:

_89981468_dm_15june.jpg

Which contains the following in its first two sentences:

Clement Freud can today be exposed as a child abuser. Two women have come forward to claim the late broadcaster and former MP molested them.

For a newspaper that railed against the treatment of Ted Heath and Lord Bramall, can you imagine a front page like this for someone like, for instance, David Owen or Norman Tebbit, i.e. those still living? I have no juice on either of those people by the way, they were the first random names that came to mind as prominent 80s politicians who are still breathing.

I know trying to insert logic into a discussion on the Daily Fail is pointless but still. I didn't see the programme, nor am I likely to, and I'm not suggesting these women aren't necessarily telling the truth, but what evidence do we have besides these two ladies' words? There won't be a trial, there may not even be a report. And even if there was, and he was somehow found innocent, are the Mail going to retract their front page? Hmmm...

His widows apologies to the 'victims' is pretty damning stuff.

Its not like she has come out in his defence is it and his offsprings silence, on the basis that they must have known the story was going to break, is also strange.

No, he may be innocent but his family aint doing too much to cement that view, are they?

• Like 1

Agreed, LFN. When I heard that his widow was apologising, it was like.. oh alright then! :nod:

Clement frued is now a prime suspect in Madeleine McCann dissappearence.

Its not like she has come out in his defence is it and his offsprings silence, on the basis that they must have known the story was going to break, is also strange.

No, he may be innocent but his family aint doing too much to cement that view, are they?

Like I said, haven't watched it, nor do I plan to. It just seems that everyone's keen on the guilty until proven innocent idea. And with a dead man, it's rarely even contestable. I'm not saying he's innocent, in fact it looks likely from the brief amount I've seen that he's probably got a case to answer, but can you imagine that front page of the Mail for a live person? Or even - somewhat cynically - for an accused Tory (again, Lord Bramall, Ted Heath). This fits nicely into the Mail's thread on dodgy Lib Dems (Cyril Smith, Jeremy Thorpe) so naturally they took the 'brave' decision to make it front page news.

As for the widow apologising, yeah that's definitely fishy, but playing devil's advocate what legal recourse or personal will has an 89 year-old woman got to fight the machine? Anyway, it's just another part of history that can be airbrushed. Maybe it would be quicker just to leave the history books blank in terms of light entertainment and politics between 1950 and 1990 and pretend they never happened. I think I'll lose all faith in humanity if it turns out Nicholas Parsons is dodgy, though at least the tabloids won't have to search far for a picture linking him to that shadowy world: he and Freud were long-time colleagues on Just a Minute of course.

Yeah, this is definitely the break in the case they've been looking for. :champagne:

Like I said, haven't watched it, nor do I plan to. It just seems that everyone's keen on the guilty until proven innocent idea. And with a dead man, it's rarely even contestable. I'm not saying he's innocent, in fact it looks likely from the brief amount I've seen that he's probably got a case to answer, but can you imagine that front page of the Mail for a live person? Or even - somewhat cynically - for an accused Tory (again, Lord Bramall, Ted Heath). This fits nicely into the Mail's thread on dodgy Lib Dems (Cyril Smith, Jeremy Thorpe) so naturally they took the 'brave' decision to make it front page news.

As for the widow apologising, yeah that's definitely fishy, but playing devil's advocate what legal recourse or personal will has an 89 year-old woman got to fight the machine? Anyway, it's just another part of history that can be airbrushed. Maybe it would be quicker just to leave the history books blank in terms of light entertainment and politics between 1950 and 1990 and pretend they never happened. I think I'll lose all faith in humanity if it turns out Nicholas Parsons is dodgy, though at least the tabloids won't have to search far for a picture linking him to that shadowy world: he and Freud were long-time colleagues on Just a Minute of course.

Yeah, this is definitely the break in the case they've been looking for. :champagne:

Ive been pretty quick to condemn the witch hunts that have been carried out in the name of 'Justice'

Ive previously stated that Tarbuck was put through the mill on the back of a shit allegation and, in all probability, Sircliff may well find, after being dragged into the gutter, that the CPS wont be allowing the Police to charge him.

Ive also been preety unambiguous in my dislike for trial by Press/Media and the whole circus that pushes the famous into the Ring yet allows the accusers to hide, forever, behind the curtain.

We all know, such has been the biggest sexual scandal of several generations, the whole emphasis has changed to Guilty until proven innocent.

Having said all of that, as much as im uncomfortable with the kind of headlines that has seen Freud 'outed' you have to be VERY generous to believe that the allegations are weak let alone untrue.

Disclosure has just started on the TV, Im watching it, if you don't, you cant have an opinion.

Ive been pretty quick to condemn the witch hunts that have been carried out in the name of 'Justice'

Ive previously stated that Tarbuck was put through the mill on the back of a shit allegation and, in all probability, Sircliff may well find, after being dragged into the gutter, that the CPS wont be allowing the Police to charge him.

Ive also been preety unambiguous in my dislike for trial by Press/Media and the whole circus that pushes the famous into the Ring yet allows the accusers to hide, forever, behind the curtain.

We all know, such has been the biggest sexual scandal of several generations, the whole emphasis has changed to Guilty until proven innocent.

Having said all of that, as much as im uncomfortable with the kind of headlines that has seen Freud 'outed' you have to be VERY generous to believe that the allegations are weak let alone untrue.

Disclosure has just started on the TV, Im watching it, if you don't, you cant have an opinion.

Accepted.

Does anyone else see this?

charon.jpg
  • Like 1

Does anyone else see this?charon.jpg

Yep.

• Like 1

Yep #2

• Like 1

I saw that Charon put up a YouTube video when I went to quote him above, and assumed he'd posted Congratulations, or you know, something less cliched.

Anyhow, this was never going to go trial, not after any case was permanently prejudiced by a live TV raid.

• Like 1

Nah, was 'no one is innocent ' by the Pistols....

• Like 2