honez

Jimmy Savile

Old joke but...

Alright girls, it's eleven o' clock, candles out please.

Pop!

Pop!

Pop!

etc.

• Like 2

80 year old Michael Salmon gets 18 years for indecently assaulting girls at Stoke Mandeville during the same period when Sir Jimmy was up to similar antics in the same place. Even with good behaviour, he'll be lucky to see his home again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31439686

Talbot guilty on two counts, not guilty on 8, of indecently assaulting teenage boys.

Talbot guilty on two counts, not guilty on 8, of indecently assaulting teenage boys.

So we have to wait another month to find out if he serves any prison time.

Sad thing is, according to the news reports that I've read, the witnesses' evidence was at times very patchy, but then again when people are victims of sexual abuse, they try to block out memories of what happened. Unless they documented it in a diary, but then again why would they want to be constantly reminded of that?

Sad thing is, according to the news reports that I've read, the witnesses' evidence was at times very patchy, but then again when people are victims of sexual abuse, they try to block out memories of what happened. Unless they documented it in a diary, but then again why would they want to be constantly reminded of that?

Ironic mind, what use are his weather forecasting abilities when you're banged up 23 hours a day?

Ironic mind, what use are his weather forecasting abilities when you're banged up 23 hours a day?

He's the one used to jump about in that dock on those expanded polystyrene blocks painted like the British Isles for GMTV that you only ever watched in the hope he'd miss and fall in isn't he? About the same then. :P

Was he still doing the weather forecasts up until the time he was arrested?

You'll want to know what the weather'll be like when you escape, don't you?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Shit I was gonna say "if he gets found innocent will he celebrate by dancing the Talbot Samba?"...

Fuckin' speedy trials!

Shit I was gonna say "if he gets found innocent will he celebrate by dancing the Talbot Samba?"...

Fuckin' speedy trials!

Not today Sunbeam

May I ask the mods a question?

Giving the thread about alleged members of the jimmy savile posthumous fan club in DL extracurricular was closed how come this thread has been left untouched? Did a person mentioned in that thread but not this one threaten a lawsuit or summat?

Giving the thread about alleged members of the jimmy savile posthumous fan club in DL extracurricular was closed how come this thread has been left untouched? Did a person mentioned in that thread but not this one threaten a lawsuit or summat?

If we're talking about the same thread, I think I closed it because posters were speculating who might be arrested next for child abuse, whereas this one doesn't.

If we're talking about the same thread, I think I closed it because posters were speculating who might be arrested next for child abuse, whereas this one doesn't.

Suppose it hasn't directly (at least for the last few pages - cba to check further back). It has however involved people suggesting several dead politicians with absolutely no recourse for self defence were in some way implicated in child abuse which is arguably more beyond the pale than hinting at living celebs whom rumours have circulated about for decades?

Suppose it hasn't directly (at least for the last few pages - cba to check further back). It has however involved people suggesting several dead politicians with absolutely no recourse for self defence were in some way implicated in child abuse which is arguably more beyond the pale than hinting at living celebs whom rumours have circulated about for decades?
Arguably yes, but legally you can't libel the dead, which is the essential difference from a moderation perspective.

There is a report option for any post a member feels has gone morally beyond the pale.

Arguably yes, but legally you can't libel the dead, which is the essential difference from a moderation perspective.

Is that so?

With that question I mean: it may be a fact that under English law one cannot libel the dead, I simply don't know. I do know that one can under Dutch law. A Dutch person can start legal procedures, both civil and criminal, against defamation of a dead relative. I suppose my country isn't the only one to have laws for that.

I've never seen libellous stuff about Dutchmen here, dead or alive, but should it happen I might be legally obliged to remove it.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Guest Guest

how could Cyril Smith have raped anyone with his big fat belly?

10 years ago the BBC had this to say on the subject.

I believe he used another (slightly lower) part of his anatomy :P

• Like 1

You don't have to be standing up to rape someone

Is that so?

With that question I mean: it may be a fact that under English law one cannot libel the dead, I simply don't know. I do know that one can under Dutch law. A Dutch person can start legal procedures, both civil and criminal, against defamation of a dead relative. I suppose my country isn't the only one to have laws for that.

I've never seen libellous stuff about Dutchmen here, dead or alive, but should it happen I might be legally obliged to remove it.

regards,

Hein

I'm pretty sure English law differs in that respect. Although, this article (complete with photo of Jimmy Savile!) would suggest that the existing arrangement may be subject to change.

Beeb to commission a documentary about Saville. I couldn't see in the article if it's intended to be made from archive footage, or an actor portraying Saville or a mix of both.

Beeb to commission a documentary about Saville. I couldn't see in the article if it's intended to be made from archive footage, or an actor portraying Saville or a mix of both.

Its all getting a bit bollocks, this.

How many more documentaries/ TV investigations are there going to be about Savile and Paedos in high places?

Its the kind of stuff that will appeal to, well, paedos who will be glopping away to all this "Its in the public interest" shite.

Its all a bit yuk, innit.

Its all getting a bit bollocks, this.

How many more documentaries/ TV investigations are there going to be about Savile and Paedos in high places?

Its the kind of stuff that will appeal to, well, paedos who will be glopping away to all this "Its in the public interest" shite.

Its all a bit yuk, innit.

If they have an actor playing the part of Saville, I don't see their career afterwards being very promising.