Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

although some of his catchphrase are showing serious signs of aging... :)

Oh Grim Reaper you know you love his catchphrases , would you like me to do his opening act of "Bruces Prices Right" ?

Funny you should that, i have thought the same for some time now. Its too thick and straw like to me real. I think i prfered it when she had the huge frizzy afro-type boufent like in the days when she presented the BBC's 6 and 9 o'clock news in the late 1980's and early 1990's.

Or are you trying to say shes gone bald?????

Guest chav

Did anyone see the supposed Louis Theroux prog featuring Brucie on Tues night? He was looking as sprightly as ever, indulging in a bit of tap-dancing whilst waiting for the lift and packing in a round of floodlit golf in Hong Kong or wherever they were. What a tall skinny chap he is - looking no unhealthier than in the clips they showed from the '60s, dancing with Roy Castle (bet he never thought he'd depart before Bruce). It was a very gentle show all round, none of the trademark Louis-delving into dark pasts. Just nice clips from his career and following him and his lovely wife around on holiday. It's good to see stuff like this before they die - admittedly it would be hard to do a fly-on-the-wall type show when they're dead, but YKWIM...

I say "supposed Louis Theroux" show has it was filmed by his usual production crew, and Theroux was even billed in the synopsis, but there was no sign of him. Not sure what happened here, and I did miss the first few minutes and thus any possible explanation - but maybe Louis is a leftfield suggestion for next year? This was filmed in 2003, so why they thought he was in it I don't know. Very strange. I don't think we've seen him since he was floating round in the background when the Hamiltions got arrested for rape.

admittedly it would be hard to do a fly-on-the-wall type show when they're dead,

plenty of flies about I should imagine

I get you on that. Theroux was also hanging around the strings in BBC2's recent dimming stars of yesteryear show, The Entertainers. He used totally unknown people to do the interviews, who you rarely saw, and shot the whole thing on mini DV. He also did something else where I noticed his name on the credits, but I can't remember what that was.

What was this Brucie thing called? Didn't see it in the paper.

Guest Malcolm Allen

I am writing a small history of the Transport Golfing Society which goes back to 1932. At the annual dinner we have had many famous names as entertainers. In the 1958 programme Bruce Forsythge and Anne Romain are featured. Was this a double act, and who was Anne?

Malcolm Allen

Guest Guest

BRUCE FORSYTH WENT TO THE SHOP AND ASKED THE ASSISTANT TO GIVE HIM A TWIRL

Guest One Man Jury
I am writing a small history of the Transport Golfing Society which goes back to 1932. At the annual dinner we have had many famous names as entertainers. In the 1958 programme Bruce Forsythge and Anne Romain are featured. Was this a double act, and who was Anne?

Malcolm Allen

Okay, so who were the famous names? I suspect Anne was the one in the dress but maybe not!

That's put you out of your suspense for the last 47 years.

Malcolm Allen

I give up. Who was she?

Go on, tell us...

Give us the punchline then... :skull:

Guest www.crxmh.co.uk

Is he really that old we had hime down as older

Guest Benjamin Jennings

Well I think the man is a true legend and a role model for all entertainment stooges of the media world today. A truly genuine bloke with integrity... rock and roll!

Death list, pah! not for a long time.

Had a BAFTA tribute last week, means in sickeningly good health.

The BBC would never use up their best obituary material on a tribute if there was any chance of short term karking it....

Another couple of years at least.

The BBC would never use up their best obituary material on a tribute if there was any chance of short term karking it....

Good call Mortician, but someone like Brucie won't die slowly in his bed. He's a trooper and proud of it. On stage at the Palladium is my guess.

So is the BBC now deciding whether one of it's celebrities, and I use the word advisedly, may live or die depending on its schedules?

Hmm, when the powers that be start showering Life Time Achievement awards on celebs it means they get nervous. Old age of the celeb may be the only reason, but often inside information plays a role.

regards,

Hein

Guest White Hawk

I just a posted this particularly un-structured and possibly offensive rant on Ozone Asylum, then did a little browsing and found this thread. Brucey-related postage follows:

http://www.ozoneasylum.com/25352

What can I say? This man is made of material sterner than your average OAP. He has provided this country with the most widely-emulated entertainment style and character ever devised (though I very much doubt that he 'devised' the image he carries-off with such flair). His uniquely recognisable style and charm will most definitely out-live his mortal presence.

This man has lived a dream. Now, in his dotage, he is still providing us with entertainment of a quality unsurpassed! Still tripping the light-fantastic with real old-school style, pattering wittily with the best of latter-day presenters, and drawing the crowds as host of various shows (and in doing so, raising their popularity to unbelievable levels).

Theroux couldn't rip him to shreds because their is nothing to dig up! The fellow is truly what he seems - an amusing, charming, good-homoured, and genuinely decent chap with an abundance of talent and the grace to share it with all of us...

...that, and he probably knew he'd be castrated for attempting to shovel sh*t on such a cherished national treasure.

Being of the opinion that most the shoddy trash I grew-up with was beneath my childish contempt, and that TV today has about as much value as a soiled syringe, I think that a man with Bruce's obvious talent and devotion should be recognised for raising the standards of television entertainment in Britain.

For this reason, and also because I may be a little less than sober, I'm seriously considering initiating a wide-spread campaign for his nomination for a knighthood. If the ignorant, facile, irrelevant, tuneless, talentless, un-charitable and grotesque can make it to the list, then surely one single gentleman of infinitely-more worth may just escape filtration and be granted the honour that he is sorely due?

Give this man the honour he desrves! A Knighthood for Bruce!

Yeah-yeah, you can stop laughing now - I'm actually not very nice to people who laugh at me... though since the medication started, they have only had to use the tranquiliser gun every few days. Well, every other day then, but I'm getting better. Honest..!

I just a posted this particularly un-structured and possibly offensive rant on Ozone Asylum, then did a little browsing and found this thread. Brucey-related postage follows:

What can I say? This man is made of material sterner than your average OAP. He has provided this country with the most widely-emulated entertainment style and character ever devised (though I very much doubt that he 'devised' the image he carries-off with such flair). His uniquely recognisable style and charm will most definitely out-live his mortal presence.

This man has lived a dream. Now, in his dotage, he is still providing us with entertainment of a quality unsurpassed! Still tripping the light-fantastic with real old-school style, pattering wittily with the best of latter-day presenters, and drawing the crowds as host of various shows (and in doing so, raising their popularity to unbelievable levels).

Theroux couldn't rip him to shreds because their is nothing to dig up! The fellow is truly what he seems - an amusing, charming, good-homoured, and genuinely decent chap with an abundance of talent and the grace to share it with all of us...

...that, and he probably knew he'd be castrated for attempting to shovel sh*t on such a cherished national treasure.

Being of the opinion that most the shoddy trash I grew-up with was beneath my childish contempt, and that TV today has about as much value as a soiled syringe, I think that a man with Bruce's obvious talent and devotion should be recognised for raising the standards of television entertainment in Britain.

For this reason, and also because I may be a little less than sober, I'm seriously considering initiating a wide-spread campaign for his nomination for a knighthood. If the ignorant, facile, irrelevant, tuneless, talentless, un-charitable and grotesque can make it to the list, then surely one single gentleman of infinitely-more worth may just escape filtration and be granted the honour that he is sorely due?

Give this man the honour he desrves! A Knighthood for Bruce!

Yeah-yeah, you can stop laughing now - I'm actually not very nice to people who laugh at me... though since the medication started, they have only had to use the tranquiliser gun every few days. Well, every other day then, but I'm getting better. Honest..!

...er....you do realise this is a deathlist site - not a Brucie sycophant site?

However, I do agree with you, Bruce is a class performer (although he's not as good as he personally thinks he is!). He thought he was on par with the likes of Sinatra's rat pack. He's talented, just not THAT talented.

He will be missed later this year. :)

Guest One Man Jury
I just a posted this particularly un-structured and possibly offensive rant on Ozone Asylum, then did a little browsing and found this thread.  Brucey-related postage follows:

What can I say?  This man is made of material sterner than your average OAP.  He has provided this country with the most widely-emulated entertainment style and character ever devised (though I very much doubt that he 'devised' the image he carries-off with such flair).  His uniquely recognisable style and charm will most definitely out-live his mortal presence.

This man has lived a dream.  Now, in his dotage, he is still providing us with entertainment of a quality unsurpassed!  Still tripping the light-fantastic with real old-school style, pattering wittily with the best of latter-day presenters, and drawing the crowds as host of various shows (and in doing so, raising their popularity to unbelievable levels).

Theroux couldn't rip him to shreds because their is nothing to dig up!  The fellow is truly what he seems - an amusing, charming, good-homoured, and genuinely decent chap with an abundance of talent and the grace to share it with all of us...

For this reason, and also because I may be a little less than sober, I'm seriously considering initiating a wide-spread campaign for his nomination for a knighthood.  If the ignorant, facile, irrelevant, tuneless, talentless, un-charitable and grotesque can make it to the list, then surely one single gentleman of infinitely-more worth may just escape filtration and be granted the honour that he is sorely due?

Give this man the honour he desrves!  A Knighthood for Bruce!

Yeah-yeah, you can stop laughing now - I'm actually not very nice to people who laugh at me...  though since the medication started, they have only had to use the tranquiliser gun every few days.  Well, every other day then, but I'm getting better.  Honest..!

...er....you do realise this is a deathlist site - not a Brucie sycophant site?

However, I do agree with you, Bruce is a class performer (although he's not as good as he personally thinks he is!). He thought he was on par with the likes of Sinatra's rat pack. He's talented, just not THAT talented.

He will be missed later this year. :)

I heard somewhere that he is now impotent but he's got no hard feelings.

He will be missed later this year.

Got the date, Arnie?