Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

Just now, Joey Russ said:

@Deathray was that supposed to have a video, or am I missing a joke?

There's two videos showing up in that post for me. Try quoting it to pull up the links. Bruce Forsyth appeared on HIGNFY as guest presenter in 2003 (featuring the infamous play your Iraqi cards right skit) and in 2010. Both episodes are well worth watching for Ian Hislops facial expressions alone.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deathray said:

This seems like a perfect time to post Bruce's HIGNIFY guest host slots. Very amusing.

Let's see if this works. If not, there's an issue...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

Let's see if this works. If not, there's an issue...

The issue is on your end, I can see both videos. 

Found a brilliant parody video of old Brucie.I will share it on here tommorow as tonight seems to soon even for an arsehole like me.

;Brucie is the first big miss of my shadow list.:(

6 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Just heard Nicholas Parsons pay tribute to Sir Bruce on the BBC.Will there be anyone left when he goes to pay tribute?

Barry Cryer. He's the Paul Gambaccini of entertainment. 

RIP Brucie. Though I preferred Larry Grayson on the Generation Game, he was a great entertainer and we won't see the like of him again.

Typically and completely predictably, this is probably my favourite Brucie telly moment... 

• Like 2

This is terrible. We went for so long without someone dying, and then we have back to back Glen Campbell & Bruce Forsythe. I didn't even expect this. I think we might break a record, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised, given the number of people over 90 and even 100. This really needs to stop. I hope we get another long break of no deaths; but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

• Angry 2

a true television legend, sad to see him go, RIP.

I'm late to the party here, but my honest feeling was that the next big name British TV show host to go would be Bruce Forsyth and I was absolutely right.

2 hours ago, JTrost1234 said:

This is terrible. We went for so long without someone dying, and then we have back to back Glen Campbell & Bruce Forsythe. I didn't even expect this. I think we might break a record, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised, given the number of people over 90 and even 100. This really needs to stop. I hope we get another long break of no deaths; but I doubt I'll be that lucky.

IMG_0431.JPG

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Lol. On his deathlist obituary, it said that he hosted the price is right. I haven't seen his game shows, but I know the price is right was hosted by Bob Barker, not Brucie. 

EDIT: Apparently there was a British show called the price is right as well, which he hosted, so that's embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Lol. On his deathlist obituary, it said that he hosted the price is right. I haven't seen his game shows, but I know the price is right was hosted by Bob Barker, not Brucie. 

ITV (?) version ran in the 90s.

Americans steal British sitcom/drama ideas, we nick their game shows.

• Like 1

Yeah, further research shows that there's a U.K. version as well. I feel so embarrassed right now. :blush:

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Yeah, further research shows that there's a U.K. version as well. I feel so embarrassed right now. :blush:

Once the UK completes its Brexit move and suffers from the double whammy of import duties and deflated currency they'll revamp the old show and re-name it The Price is Shite.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

EDIT: Apparently there was a British show called the price is right as well, which he hosted, so that's embarrassing. 

I always thought Leslie Crowther hosted that.

• Like 1

Just now, dodrade said:

Leslie Crowther was a man.

For some reason, I'm so used to Leslie as a female name despite knowing that Leslie Phillips is a man...

29 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

For some reason, I'm so used to Leslie as a female name despite knowing that Leslie Phillips is a man...

_50387570_000685719-1.jpg

I don't remember him, much.

21 minutes ago, msc said:

_50387570_000685719-1.jpg

I don't remember him, much.

CRACKERJACK!

(Yes, I'm old)

51 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

We spell it Leslie for a boy and Lesley for a girl. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toast said:

CRACKERJACK!

(Yes, I'm old)

We spell it Leslie for a boy and Lesley for a girl. 

Thank Christ for you Toastie x

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JTrost1234 said:

Sorry, but I don't think you belong on this website.

• Like 2