Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

Hiya, sorry if I'm posting the blatently obvious or am doing something foolishly wrong but this is my first post.

I love him to bits and I'm happy he's not snuffed it yet, but surely Brucie is a red hot favourite to peg it soon? How old is he? In his 80s by now surely?

:deathban:

I have often asked myself these very questions.

I reckon old Brucie will pop off soon (hopefully 2011) 'didn't he do well ' getting a young wife which will bring the end of him. I hope he and Anne 'Widdy ' Widdecome dance off together next year " nice to see you' nice to see him get his final ' Brucie Bonus '

Now it's Sir Bruce Forsyth.

He has been knighted in the Queen's Birthday Honours.

Is his first wife still in Brinsworth House?

So Mrs Rotten has just noticed that Bruce is not on the dance show tonight and I notice that the previous post about him being on holiday leave was not moved to his thread. Can a Mod pull it over to hear please 'cus it shows that the old boy is obviously overdoing now.

So Mrs Rotten has just noticed that Bruce is not on the dance show tonight and I notice that the previous post about him being on holiday leave was not moved to his thread. Can a Mod pull it over to hear please 'cus it shows that the old boy is obviously overdoing now.

Whereabouts is the post?

Whereabouts is the post?

I've been looking but not found anything. Now wondering if I saw in on the BBC web site and the link was not brought in here yet.

http://www.eabf.org.uk/royal-variety-performance/variety-news;news/id/82

Any way found this news item above dating back to June...

Is his first wife still in Brinsworth House?

Yes, but these days she thinks she's in primary school.

• Like 1

Apparently this was a negotiated absence similar to one Len Goodman had last series when he found doing both UK & US versions of the show a little draining.

If anything this is bad news for the Deathlist as the BBC seem to be taking good care of him and allowing him to dictate his own workload.

Still when I first read this the article did suggest that he has to be helped backstage so he does not trip over anything.

Mrs Rotten said that Bruce looked alright tonight so that's one less star to be thinking about adding to a Deadpool list next year.

I thought bruce being taken off TV was connected to the whole peadophile thing going on . Seems though the police who at one point said there was 12 famous faces about to be arrested are saying now savile was responsible for nearly all of them , the cover up is in full motion now.

Mrs Rotten said that Bruce looked alright tonight so that's one less star to be thinking about adding to a Deadpool list next year.

I think, like his jokes, he's waaayyyyy past his best and he should be put out to pasture.

I think, like his jokes, he's waaayyyyy past his best and he should be put out to pasture.

That's been the case for the past decade.

At the beginning of this weeks SCD. He seemed to go on a bizarre unscripted rant about the set lighting and then was struggling with the autocue for the first few minutes but the show must be so slickly put together that it is all a credit to him.

I read somewhere (forgive me if it was hereabouts) that a well placed source says that Anton du Beke is lined up to take over SCD when and if Brucie decides to call it a day.

No Bruce on this weeks SCD.

Flu. I predict this will be his last year presenting but don't put him on the list till 2016.

No Bruce on this weeks SCD.

Flu. I predict this will be his last year presenting but don't put him on the list till 2016.

I wouldn't put him on the list at all, for all we know he could be dead already and this recent hiatus from SCD is just because a new actor has been hired to play him.

Apparently Brucie is on borrowed time .

http://news.sky.com/story/1172615/sir-bruce-forsyth-im-living-on-borrowed-time

I can't see him retiring and disappearing quietly , i think one day he will just literally drop dead lets hope it isn't a tommy cooper type of drop dead.

i think one day he will just literally drop dead lets hope it isn't a tommy cooper type of drop dead.

Spoilsport.

i think one day he will just literally drop dead lets hope it isn't a tommy cooper type of drop dead.

Spoilsport.

I suppose it would be entertaining :D . But i think brucie is one of the good guys ( saying that and he gets arrested by yewtree detectives next week) and I can think of a few above bruce that deserve it more.

Then again with bruce refusing to retire maybe its probably how he would like to die.

Ahhh yes, can just picture the scene now..

Brucie carks it backstage on SCD.

Co-host Tess Daly asks 'Where's Brucie gone ?'..

to which Len Goodman hollers.. "HEA-VEN !!"

Can't stand Forsyth, reminds me of a spoilt, only-child.

Spoilsport.

I suppose it would be entertaining :D . But i think brucie is one of the good guys ( saying that and he gets arrested by yewtree detectives next week) and I can think of a few above bruce that deserve it more.

Then again with bruce refusing to retire maybe its probably how he would like to die.

Bruce Forsyth is one of those people who splits the opinions of the nation but I must admit that he is the King of Light Entertainment, you may not like the product but he is one of the best proponents of the form. Ask yourself the question who would you rather watch Bruce, Jim Davidson, Michael Barrymore, Jonathon Ross or Lionel Blair. I rest my case.

Spoilsport.

Bruce Forsyth is one of those people who splits the opinions of the nation but I must admit that he is the King of Light Entertainment, you may not like the product but he is one of the best proponents of the form. Ask yourself the question who would you rather watch Bruce, Jim Davidson, Michael Barrymore, Jonathon Ross or Lionel Blair. I rest my case.

I'd watch Sooty in preference to any of that lot and read a book in preference to watching Sooty. We have a choice!

• Like 1

Spoilsport.

Lionel Blair, every time!

Spoilsport.

I'll take Jim Davidson reciting

any time. Shame his performance of this at the Royal Albert Hall doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

Spoilsport.

Lionel Blair, every time!

Bob Monkhouse. Sadly so lacking on TV these days, you'd think he died a decade ago or something.

• Like 3