Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

Question is, will he go to Ronnie Corbett's funeral? Should he survive the week, I mean...

No he won't according to the Daily Mirror he is still too ill and he is two or three weeks away from being able to go out in public. It is obvious Brucie is a lot sicker than they are letting on if he is unable to attend one of his best mates funeral and it is 4 months since he had his operation and he is still housebound he is obviously getting towards the back end of his life, he probably won't make 90 in February 2018.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/frail-sir-bruce-forsyth-sick-7762110

• Like 1

I thought you were reading a lot into this until I read the article and the funeral is in Surrey and Bruce is in Surrey - I thought Brucie lived abroad and it was the flight that was stopping him probably but as you say it does seem that 4 months since his operation he is still too ill to go outside.

Either that or secretly he thought Ronnie Corbett was a stunted little cunt! :evil:

• Like 2

I thought you were reading a lot into this until I read the article and the funeral is in Surrey and Bruce is in Surrey - I thought Brucie lived abroad and it was the flight that was stopping him probably but as you say it does seem that 4 months since his operation he is still too ill to go outside.

Either that or secretly he thought Ronnie Corbett was a stunted little cunt! :evil:

Brucie usually spends winters in Puerto Rico, where his wife is from.

Obviously, this year he has been unable to travel.

Four months is a long time to recover, there have been 90 year olds who have been up and about after having hip replacements.

It could be safe to assume that he is not going to 'fully recover' and that, perhaps, such invasive surgery has shortened his life span considerably.

• Like 1

Question is, will he go to Ronnie Corbett's funeral? Should he survive the week, I mean...

No he won't according to the Daily Mirror he is still too ill and he is two or three weeks away from being able to go out in public. It is obvious Brucie is a lot sicker than they are letting on if he is unable to attend one of his best mates funeral and it is 4 months since he had his operation and he is still housebound he is obviously getting towards the back end of his life, he probably won't make 90 in February 2018.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/frail-sir-bruce-forsyth-sick-7762110

All my mates and family mentioned how gravelly his voice was on the phone when Ronnie died.He certainly sounds weak.I mean a funeral of a friend who lives nearby is not too strenuous.Sounds like he can barely walk and like the Queen Mother when Margaret died doesn`t want the paparazzi to catch sight of him in a wheelchair.

• Like 1

Even a few years back he was still in good shape presenting Strictly and so on, but this past couple of years he has really gone downhill by the looks of things. At his age, a couple of years can make all the difference.

Brucie will peg it before royal ascot, took 9-2 with paddy power he will leave this mortal coil by derby day, come on bruce !

I'm bang in form as I won £185 on works death pool when Corbett delivered the goods ! unfortunately fat susan has forsyth for next rollover so I have plumped for lionel blair, a real dark horse !

Susan Boyle plays in dead pools?

I'm bang in form as I won £185 on works death pool when Corbett delivered the goods ! unfortunately fat susan has forsyth for next rollover so I have plumped for lionel blair, a real dark horse !

• Like 2

When fat susan rolls over him he'll definitely be fucked!

• Like 2

I think it is more significant that Lady Forsyth went by herself which mean he wanted someone to be at Ronnie funeral but he himself was not up to it. Until now I have thought he was going to go on and on but I did also say that when he gave up being on telly we should pay more attention to him.

I think it is more significant that Lady Forsyth went by herself which mean he wanted someone to be at Ronnie funeral but he himself was not up to it. Until now I have thought he was going to go on and on but I did also say that when he gave up being on telly we should pay more attention to him.

Are you sure she didn't just go herself. You'd assume if Corbbet and Brucie were such great friends, then Lady Forsyth would have known him well?

Are you sure she didn't just go herself. You'd assume if Corbbet and Brucie were such great friends, then Lady Forsyth would have known him well?

Brucie and Ronnie were golfing buddies, she might have just stayed home and shagged the gardener.

Brucie and Ronnie were golfing buddies, she might have just stayed home and shagged the gardener.

Thereby they fucked a flame into being.

What I was saying that by going alone was more significant for our purposes than if they have both stayed at home. I think everyone assumed she was 'representing' Bruce irrelevant of her own relationship with Ronnie and his widow,

What I was saying that by going alone was more significant for our purposes than if they have both stayed at home. I think everyone assumed she was 'representing' Bruce irrelevant of her own relationship with Ronnie and his widow,

Being married to a celebrity doesn't disqualify her from being a person in her own right. I think that's rather disrespectful.

• Like 1

Being married to a celebrity doesn't disqualify her from being a person in her own right. I think that's rather disrespectful.

She is a celebrity in her own right being the only Puero Rican to win Miss World. I am sure that there were many famous faces at the funeral who were not included in the BBC webpage but by picturing Lady Wilnelia alone they knew the significance. If there was no mention of Bruce who had frequently performed with Ronnie some people may have tried to read this as a snub. The presence of Mrs Forsyth was important.

My Father's partner died recently after being in a care home for 4 years with dementia. Initially my father was undecided whether he would go to her funeral because of his own health but if he had not we his children would have gone to represent him even though we had never met her sister and nephew who were organising the funeral.

She is a celebrity in her own right being the only Puero Rican to win Miss World. I am sure that there were many famous faces at the funeral who were not included in the BBC webpage but by picturing Lady Wilnelia alone they knew the significance. If there was no mention of Bruce who had frequently performed with Ronnie some people may have tried to read this as a snub. The presence of Mrs Forsyth was important.

My Father's partner died recently after being in a care home for 4 years with dementia. Initially my father was undecided whether he would go to her funeral because of his own health but if he had not we his children would have gone to represent him even though we had never met her sister and nephew who were organising the funeral.

No. You said

I think it is more significant that Lady Forsyth went by herself which means he wanted someone to be at Ronnie funeral but he himself was not up to it.

You implied that she was there solely as Bruce's representative.

No. You said

I think it is more significant that Lady Forsyth went by herself which means he wanted someone to be at Ronnie funeral but he himself was not up to it.

I understand what you are saying Toast and I am not trying to diminish Lady Forsyth as a person. I will accept that I have not expressed myself completely clearly but Brucie was Ronnie's some time comedy partner, I think it would have been unlikely that Ronnie would have made the social acquaintance of a Puerto Rican former Miss World unless they were introduced through Bruce.

I am sure they all became firm friends but the connection is Bruce and the BBC knew that when they put her picture in their story.

No. You said

I understand what you are saying Toast and I am not trying to diminish Lady Forsyth as a person. I will accept that I have not expressed myself completely clearly but Brucie was Ronnie's some time comedy partner, I think it would have been unlikely that Ronnie would have made the social acquaintance of a Puerto Rican former Miss World unless they were introduced through Bruce.

I am sure they all became firm friends but the connection is Bruce and the BBC knew that when they put her picture in their story.

Obviously the connection is Bruce, but how they met is irrelevant.

Also when you go to a funeral it can have less to do with your relationship with the person who has died, and more that you are close to family members and wish to support them. I had to choose between two funerals recently as they were on the same day. I chose to go to the funeral of the person I knew less well, as I am closer to his family and felt that my presence would be more appreciated there than at the funeral of my cousin, whose children do not know me.

• Like 1

Given this year, I'd have 50p on him not making the new series of "Vernon Kay's Wife pretends to Present Celebrity Dancing"

Mind you Claudia.......

'Life is the name of the game...and I want to play that game with you.' Ah Brucie you've brought us so much joy.

Given this year, I'd have 50p on him not making the new series of "Vernon Kay's Wife pretends to Present Celebrity Dancing"

Mind you Claudia.......

I have a secret liking for Claudia....

Mind you Claudia.......

Not really a secret any more, is it?

Mind you Claudia.......

Not really a secret any more, is it?

Er no.

Fuck it, in that case, I want to smash her front doors in!! :D