Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

Too ill to attend his wife's birthday party.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3624824/Bruce-Forsyth-88-sparks-health-concerns-revealed-ill-attend-wife-Wilnelia-s-birthday-party.html

2 things here... Firstly, it doesn't sound as if it's her 60th birthday (if the daily fail are ageing her correctly, it will be her 59th birthday) and is having a party and letting the world know your husband is too ill to attend, the best thing to do right now? Surely you would not want to draw attention to his continued illness?

Secondly, it says he is too ill to leave the house. WTF does that mean? Can't walk a few steps? Unable to stay awake for more than an hour? Wouldn't he be able to sit at the party somewhere for a couple of hours? Seems odd.

Too ill to attend his wife's birthday party.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3624824/Bruce-Forsyth-88-sparks-health-concerns-revealed-ill-attend-wife-Wilnelia-s-birthday-party.html

2 things here... Firstly, it doesn't sound as if it's her 60th birthday (if the daily fail are ageing her correctly, it will be her 59th birthday) and is having a party and letting the world know your husband is too ill to attend, the best thing to do right now? Surely you would not want to draw attention to his continued illness?

Secondly, it says he is too ill to leave the house. WTF does that mean? Can't walk a few steps? Unable to stay awake for more than an hour? Wouldn't he be able to sit at the party somewhere for a couple of hours? Seems odd.

it means he is bedridden.

Too ill to attend his wife's birthday party.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3624824/Bruce-Forsyth-88-sparks-health-concerns-revealed-ill-attend-wife-Wilnelia-s-birthday-party.html

It means he is ,probably, in a wheelchair and is not prepared for the public to see him coming to the end of his life.

It means he is ,probably, in a wheelchair and is not prepared for the public to see him coming to the end of his life.

Either that or he's sulking because he's unemployed.

• Like 1

I get the definite impression that he might be more seriously ill than they're letting on.

• Like 1

So let's remind ourselves of the notice of Brucie's impending death that opened this thread nearly twelve years ago!

Hiya, sorry if I'm posting the blatently obvious or am doing something foolishly wrong but this is my first post.

I love him to bits and I'm happy he's not snuffed it yet, but surely Brucie is a red hot favourite to peg it soon? How old is he? In his 80s by now surely?

:(

So let's remind ourselves of the notice of Brucie's impending death that opened this thread nearly twelve years ago!

Hiya, sorry if I'm posting the blatently obvious or am doing something foolishly wrong but this is my first post.

I love him to bits and I'm happy he's not snuffed it yet, but surely Brucie is a red hot favourite to peg it soon? How old is he? In his 80s by now surely?

Twelve years is quite soon, in planetary ages. :D

Though comparing threads started in 2004 to modern ones is a bit like comparing the 87 Deathlist to the modern day ones, surely.

• Like 2

Twelve years is quite soon, in planetary ages. :D

Though comparing threads started in 2004 to modern ones is a bit like comparing the 87 Deathlist to the modern day ones, surely.

2004 was certainly a long time ago now! I remember having a bad hangover the day Ronald Reagan died...

He had a very intrusive 'life saving' operation back in November and some SEVEN months later he is still in recovery.

That's bollocks, seven months down the line, if the fella is still not well enough to do this or that he is in a bad way.

At his age (88?) he is never really going to get better, it is what it is, a very old man has had a serious operation and will never return to his pre op health condition.

Hey, he came to be operated on after 'having a fall' at home which clearly suggests that he was a bit doddery beforehand.

• Like 2

He had a very intrusive 'life saving' operation back in November and some SEVEN months later he is still in recovery.

That's bollocks, seven months down the line, if the fella is still not well enough to do this or that he is in a bad way.

At his age (88?) he is never really going to get better, it is what it is, a very old man has had a serious operation and will never return to his pre op health condition.

Hey, he came to be operated on after 'having a fall' at home which clearly suggests that he was a bit doddery beforehand.

Yeah, but...Keep dancing!! eh?

• Like 3

I give him a week.

• Like 1

I give him a week.

Well, keeping it real the expectation was a maximum of two months to recover after the operation at the end of last year. This could have gone better, eh?

Realistically, he's on our radar until he's on nobody's radar anymore.

• Like 2

So it was a minor ailment, then a minor op, then a fall, then admitting it had been an aneurysm, now there was a heart op invovled. Next up on bingo is "a minor form of cancer" and "only visiting the hospice for minor treatment".

• Like 3

So it was a minor ailment, then a minor op, then a fall, then admitting it had been an aneurysm, now there was a heart op invovled. Next up on bingo is "a minor form of cancer" and "only visiting the hospice for minor treatment".

Is that higher or lower?

On a similar thought when he is in hospital does he, every time the nurses enter his room say "Here they are they're so appealing come on dollies do your healing"?

Thought not.....

I give him 6 months to a year.He is clearly a. very frail old man now who is housebound.A case of pneumonia over the winter could probably finish him off .

• Like 1

I give him 6 months to a year.He is clearly a. very frail old man now who is housebound.A case of pneumonia over the winter could probably finish him off .

People his age have had quadruple bypasses and have fully recovered quicker.

People his age have had quadruple bypasses and have fully recovered quicker.

Exactly but I dont think he will get worse from the operation.His weak state will make him far more vulnerable to infections.I think it is safe to say if he was going to improve he would have done so by now.

• Like 1

It has been his habit to winter in South America. If he stays at home again then I think he could be an excellent pick for next year.

• Like 1

It has been his habit to winter in South America. If he stays at home again then I think he could be an excellent pick for next year.

If he wintered in South America and flew back every week to present Strictly it's no wonder he's near fucked now!

• Like 1

If he wintered in South America and flew back every week to present Strictly it's no wonder he's near fucked now!

I think he left for warmer climes around Christmas once his Strictly duties had been discharged but having said that until last year Len Goodman was judging both Strictly and Dancing with the Stars often in the same week.

You don't get many people suffering from travelling first class on an airliner. :lol:

• Like 1

You don't get many people suffering from travelling first class on an airliner. :lol:

Ryanair disagrees.
  • Like 1

He sounds past flying now.