Guest Final Nail

Bruce Forsyth

He sounds past flying now.

Except for the final flight. :angel2:

• Like 3

I hope he pulls through. He seems a nice old guy and we've lost too many 70s celebs lately

I dreamt last nght that he died and there wasn't much of a fuss about it because everyone had death fatigue.

There is no such thing as death fatigue. Media love a celeb death easy copy for a day or two and the six months later "The secret name surname you never knew.

Wants to make a comeback for the Christmas Strictly.

A friend said: “Strictly is really special for him, so that’s Bruce’s target – it’ll help him push on to get back to full strength.

“He’s been resting, but it was major surgery and it hasn’t been as easy as people might have
hoped – but he’s a very determined man.”

Its a win/win for Deathlisters. Either he makes it, and they get to study form. Or he doesn't...

A friend said: “Strictly is really special for him, so that’s Bruce’s target – it’ll help him push on to get back to full strength.

“He’s been resting, but it was major surgery and it hasn’t been as easy as people might have

Its a win/win for Deathlisters. Either he makes it, and they get to study form. Or he doesn't...

It's only a win/win if he's still breathing on 1 Jan, though - loads of us who would have him next year gave him a miss in 2016

It's only a win/win if he's still breathing on 1 Jan, though - loads of us who would have him next year gave him a miss in 2016

As a wise man once said, therein lies the sting. Or indeed, you get nothing for a pair.

I bet he wont do it.

Re-reading what his "friend" said there's no evidence Strictly actually want him back, is there?

Re-reading what his "friend" said there's no evidence Strictly actually want him back, is there?

True, although they have a trust "insider" too...

"An insider said: “Obviously Bruce has been taking time out to recover from his op. Nobody would want to push him into it if he doesn’t feel he’s up to it, but he’s an icon and a big part of the show. We’ll start having those discussions with him a bit later in the year.”

Also, The Mirror claims it was 2 aneurysms (not one) he suffered last year. Is this news or am I losing track of my Brucie Ill Health Trump Cards now.

True, although they have a trust "insider" too...

"An insider said: “Obviously Bruce has been taking time out to recover from his op. Nobody would want to push him into it if he doesn’t feel he’s up to it, but he’s an icon and a big part of the show. We’ll start having those discussions with him a bit later in the year.”

Also, The Mirror claims it was 2 aneurysms (not one) he suffered last year. Is this news or am I losing track of my Brucie Ill Health Trump Cards now.

'Nothing for a pair in this game' etc.

• Like 3

Ach, he's quit before only to be dragged back.

I think it's more serious - article says he's still recuperating after all these months, he'll not be fit enough and won't get the insurance.

A nice story to show he's ending it on his own terms to cover his ill health.

He’s still very much recuperating and he needs to work out if he wants to be back in the public eye again.

As long as he doesn't overdo it ;)

• Like 1

He’s still very much recuperating

That's code for 'non-recovery' if I ever heard it. Poor old Brucie looks like a shoo-in for most 2017 teams.

FACT - I accidentally gatecrashed a wedding a few years ago when I was pub crawling in Windsor outside the Guildhall en route to the Two Brewers where Brucie, larger than life, was posing for pictures with the bride. I may well have ended up in a wedding album somewhere.

It's strange how quickly Brucie deteriorated since his op last year. I would have put money on him making it to 100 if anyone would !

Strange? He had a ruptured abdominal aneurysm in his mid-80s and survived (c.50% mortality rate post-rupture for folk at working age, let alone beyond the average life expectancy), having previously survived a fall at home with the traditional head injury. He's done very well to make 2016, all things considered.

EDIT - It might not have ruptured, though I thought I'd read that, but anyhow - not exactly a thrill for someone of advanced age.

I'm still thinking he makes a massive effort to get on the Xmas strictly which kills him off early in the New Year.

I'm still thinking he makes a massive effort to get on the Xmas strictly which kills him off early in the New Year.

Nah, do the show live and go the way Tommy Cooper went.

Worth watching then!

Drop dead - just like that!

• Like 2

Drop dead - just like that!

Hearse, coffin..coffin, hearse.

• Like 1