37. Bruce ForsythEntertainer

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Benjamin Jennings_*

Guest_Benjamin Jennings_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:21 AM

Well I think the man is a true legend and a role model for all entertainment stooges of the media world today. A truly genuine bloke with integrity... rock and roll!

Death list, pah! not for a long time.

#42 Paul Bearer

Paul Bearer

Zombie Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7389 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:50 AM

77 today, happy birthday
This is true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.

#43 Mortician

Mortician

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Had a BAFTA tribute last week, means in sickeningly good health.

The BBC would never use up their best obituary material on a tribute if there was any chance of short term karking it....

Another couple of years at least.
plan to live forever or die in the attempt

#44 Anubis the Jackal

Anubis the Jackal

Twunt Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3114 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:49 AM

The BBC would never use up their best obituary material on a tribute if there was any chance of short term karking it....

Good call Mortician, but someone like Brucie won't die slowly in his bed. He's a trooper and proud of it. On stage at the Palladium is my guess.
Pardon me but I got to run<br />The fact's uncommonly clear<br />I got to find who's now the number one<br />And why my angel eyes ain't here<br /><br />Excuse me while I disappear

#45 Josco

Josco

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:54 AM

So is the BBC now deciding whether one of it's celebrities, and I use the word advisedly, may live or die depending on its schedules?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".
William Pitt, 1783

Shaw's Principle: "Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."

#46 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6155 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:08 PM

Hmm, when the powers that be start showering Life Time Achievement awards on celebs it means they get nervous. Old age of the celeb may be the only reason, but often inside information plays a role.

regards,
Hein

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#47 Guest_White Hawk_*

Guest_White Hawk_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:06 AM

I just a posted this particularly un-structured and possibly offensive rant on Ozone Asylum, then did a little browsing and found this thread. Brucey-related postage follows:

http://www.ozoneasylum.com/25352

What can I say? This man is made of material sterner than your average OAP. He has provided this country with the most widely-emulated entertainment style and character ever devised (though I very much doubt that he 'devised' the image he carries-off with such flair). His uniquely recognisable style and charm will most definitely out-live his mortal presence.

This man has lived a dream. Now, in his dotage, he is still providing us with entertainment of a quality unsurpassed! Still tripping the light-fantastic with real old-school style, pattering wittily with the best of latter-day presenters, and drawing the crowds as host of various shows (and in doing so, raising their popularity to unbelievable levels).

Theroux couldn't rip him to shreds because their is nothing to dig up! The fellow is truly what he seems - an amusing, charming, good-homoured, and genuinely decent chap with an abundance of talent and the grace to share it with all of us...
...that, and he probably knew he'd be castrated for attempting to shovel sh*t on such a cherished national treasure.

Being of the opinion that most the shoddy trash I grew-up with was beneath my childish contempt, and that TV today has about as much value as a soiled syringe, I think that a man with Bruce's obvious talent and devotion should be recognised for raising the standards of television entertainment in Britain.

For this reason, and also because I may be a little less than sober, I'm seriously considering initiating a wide-spread campaign for his nomination for a knighthood. If the ignorant, facile, irrelevant, tuneless, talentless, un-charitable and grotesque can make it to the list, then surely one single gentleman of infinitely-more worth may just escape filtration and be granted the honour that he is sorely due?

Give this man the honour he desrves! A Knighthood for Bruce!

Yeah-yeah, you can stop laughing now - I'm actually not very nice to people who laugh at me... though since the medication started, they have only had to use the tranquiliser gun every few days. Well, every other day then, but I'm getting better. Honest..!

#48 Terminator

Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

I just a posted this particularly un-structured and possibly offensive rant on Ozone Asylum, then did a little browsing and found this thread. Brucey-related postage follows:

What can I say? This man is made of material sterner than your average OAP. He has provided this country with the most widely-emulated entertainment style and character ever devised (though I very much doubt that he 'devised' the image he carries-off with such flair). His uniquely recognisable style and charm will most definitely out-live his mortal presence.

This man has lived a dream. Now, in his dotage, he is still providing us with entertainment of a quality unsurpassed! Still tripping the light-fantastic with real old-school style, pattering wittily with the best of latter-day presenters, and drawing the crowds as host of various shows (and in doing so, raising their popularity to unbelievable levels).

Theroux couldn't rip him to shreds because their is nothing to dig up! The fellow is truly what he seems - an amusing, charming, good-homoured, and genuinely decent chap with an abundance of talent and the grace to share it with all of us...
...that, and he probably knew he'd be castrated for attempting to shovel sh*t on such a cherished national treasure.

Being of the opinion that most the shoddy trash I grew-up with was beneath my childish contempt, and that TV today has about as much value as a soiled syringe, I think that a man with Bruce's obvious talent and devotion should be recognised for raising the standards of television entertainment in Britain.

For this reason, and also because I may be a little less than sober, I'm seriously considering initiating a wide-spread campaign for his nomination for a knighthood. If the ignorant, facile, irrelevant, tuneless, talentless, un-charitable and grotesque can make it to the list, then surely one single gentleman of infinitely-more worth may just escape filtration and be granted the honour that he is sorely due?

Give this man the honour he desrves! A Knighthood for Bruce!

Yeah-yeah, you can stop laughing now - I'm actually not very nice to people who laugh at me... though since the medication started, they have only had to use the tranquiliser gun every few days. Well, every other day then, but I'm getting better. Honest..!

...er....you do realise this is a deathlist site - not a Brucie sycophant site?

However, I do agree with you, Bruce is a class performer (although he's not as good as he personally thinks he is!). He thought he was on par with the likes of Sinatra's rat pack. He's talented, just not THAT talented.

He will be missed later this year. :)
Ad tabernam festino

#49 Guest_One Man Jury_*

Guest_One Man Jury_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:45 PM

I just a posted this particularly un-structured and possibly offensive rant on Ozone Asylum, then did a little browsing and found this thread.  Brucey-related postage follows:

What can I say?  This man is made of material sterner than your average OAP.  He has provided this country with the most widely-emulated entertainment style and character ever devised (though I very much doubt that he 'devised' the image he carries-off with such flair).  His uniquely recognisable style and charm will most definitely out-live his mortal presence.

This man has lived a dream.  Now, in his dotage, he is still providing us with entertainment of a quality unsurpassed!  Still tripping the light-fantastic with real old-school style, pattering wittily with the best of latter-day presenters, and drawing the crowds as host of various shows (and in doing so, raising their popularity to unbelievable levels).

Theroux couldn't rip him to shreds because their is nothing to dig up!  The fellow is truly what he seems - an amusing, charming, good-homoured, and genuinely decent chap with an abundance of talent and the grace to share it with all of us...

For this reason, and also because I may be a little less than sober, I'm seriously considering initiating a wide-spread campaign for his nomination for a knighthood.  If the ignorant, facile, irrelevant, tuneless, talentless, un-charitable and grotesque can make it to the list, then surely one single gentleman of infinitely-more worth may just escape filtration and be granted the honour that he is sorely due?

Give this man the honour he desrves!  A Knighthood for Bruce!

Yeah-yeah, you can stop laughing now - I'm actually not very nice to people who laugh at me...  though since the medication started, they have only had to use the tranquiliser gun every few days.  Well, every other day then, but I'm getting better.  Honest..!

...er....you do realise this is a deathlist site - not a Brucie sycophant site?

However, I do agree with you, Bruce is a class performer (although he's not as good as he personally thinks he is!). He thought he was on par with the likes of Sinatra's rat pack. He's talented, just not THAT talented.

He will be missed later this year. :)

I heard somewhere that he is now impotent but he's got no hard feelings.

#50 Josco

Josco

I Need To Get A Life!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:07 PM

He will be missed later this year.

Got the date, Arnie?

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves".
William Pitt, 1783

Shaw's Principle: "Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will want to use it."

#51 Terminator

Terminator

Post-Twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

He will be missed later this year.

Got the date, Arnie?

I predict it will occur around 15 August - but, of course, it could be higher or lower than a 15. :)
Ad tabernam festino

#52 Guest_White Hawk_*

Guest_White Hawk_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, well... I was a little the worse for wear when I typed that one up, I'm afraid.

Still - would be nice to see that knighthood before he kicks the bucket.

Wow! *reads back* I really did get carried away, didn't I?

#53 Deadornot

Deadornot

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

:ph34r: what if the shock of finding out he is getting a knighthood kills him??????? :P

#54 Earl Gloomy

Earl Gloomy

Bomber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:02 PM

deadornot Posted on Jun 23 2005, 07:55 PM
  QUOTE (White Hawk @ Mar 29 2005, 07:29 PM)

what if the shock of finding out he is getting a knighthood kills him??????? 

Somebody hurry-up and nomenate him

#55 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15014 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:21 PM

Noticed he was 48 on the 1995 list and hasn't appeared since. The man is 77 this year. Probably not a prime contender but let's at least rev up for the future by considering the all important question.

Bruce Forsyth - Showbiz legend or annoying and talentless trier, discuss:

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#56 Tuber Mirum

Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • 3199 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 03:50 PM

He wasn't without a certain lack of talent.

But annoying he definitely was. Larry Grayson was worse. mind you, when he took over the Generation Game.

#57 Tuber Mirum

Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • 3199 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

He was up at Buck Pal twice this week.
I wonder if anyone else of note was at that over-sixties entertainers' knees up?

Now a great-grandfather, Forsyth has six children and lives in Surrey with his third wife Wilnelia, a former Miss World.

Another thing I wonder is if the glamorous third Mrs. Forsyth was ever in any way acquainted with the late Mr. George Best of Belfast?

#58 maryportfuncity

maryportfuncity

Dedicated Cumbrian Corpse Hound, or summat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15014 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:33 AM

Third wife, fourth wife!!!!

What's he been up to in the last year?

Maryport is a disappointment for which there is no cure, but the annual Deathrace thread hereabouts provides welcome distraction.maryport2if5.jpg

#59 Tuber Mirum

Tuber Mirum

Relic of the Golden Age

• Moderators
  • 3199 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

Third wife, fourth wife!!!!

What's he been up to in the last year?

Sorry my mistake! (now corrected)

Must have been pished or perhaps just very sleepy.

#60 Star Crossed

Star Crossed

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:50 PM

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere (it MUST have been); I did do a search but couldn't find the Celebrity Deathmatch thread.

Bruce Forsyth vs. Dick Van Dyke - to the death.

It seems a match made in heaven. They both tap-dance, roller-skate, smile a lot, have big chins, like the lovely ladies, have expertly-manicured moustaches, display charismatic raconteur wit and they're roughly the same age, born in 1928 and 1925 respectively. As I said, I'm surely not the first to think of this (I'm about to be embarrassed aren't I? Someone's gonna point me to the Forsyth/Van Dyke Deathmatch thread).

Posted Image Posted Image

Fight to see you, to see you... fight!
A lesson from history.
Tdonkleys snakc on Cnocolate and Cumcumber
"El hombre es dueño de su silencio, pero prisionero de sus palabras" - Argentinian proverb.
"Maybe they filmed the poltergeist on a cursed children berialground without knowing it." - Vaagheid
'Patience is the support of weakness; impatience the ruin of strength'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users