Saint Peter

Death List Convention

As we are meeting as our avatars...

If this is the case, may I please request somewhere with wide doorways.

And a dartboard I presume, although I guess any pub with a dartboard comes with wider doorways as a matter of course.

We could meet in your pub? It's just outside SE London, dartboard & wide doorways guaranteed. The fact that it's very close to where I live has nothing to do with it...

I've met the great Andy Fordham and - indeed - visited The Rose in Dartford. Andy is one of the nicest celebs you could ever chance upon, totally untroubled by his fame. Doorways in his spacious pub are of a fairly normal size, he can get through so long as there's no-one beside him. Scarier than this - I think - is the fact that there was a female in Scotland, a place he visits quite often, verging on stalking him and she was about the same size as he is!

Scarier than this - I think - is the fact that there was a female in Scotland, a place he visits quite often, verging on stalking him and she was about the same size as he is!
Leading to one of the slowest attempted chases/escapes ever seen I would imagine. Slow enough for one of those really old-fashioned cameras (with a black sheet over the top of the camera operator's head & a camera that looks like an accordion, that type) to still manage to capture the event in full focus. :)

We could meet in your pub? It's just outside SE London, dartboard & wide doorways guaranteed.

I give that idea a oooooooonnnnnnnneeeehundredandeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhtttttyyyy!

Pints on the house, and a flaming sambuka for Lady Die!

An image wide doorway and all is forming. Godot at the lower right with two bowls of gravy, Tempus on the left, pouring a drink.

An image wide doorway and all is forming. Godot at the lower right with two bowls of gravy, Tempus on the left, pouring a drink.

The Grendels and Yogi on the far right.

Me under the green thing on the wall sporting a comedy goatee :D

The Grendels and Yogi on the far right.

Me under the green thing on the wall sporting a comedy goatee :D

eh?

Among the mods, I have suggested this recently, but it would be several months before my idea came to pass. Also, it sounds as though rather than one meeting place, it could rather easily become a pub crawl. Security is not an issue; in my view, let whoever wants to attend, attend.

Have you seen the damage that can be done with a snooker cue TH?

Not only seen it, have had the experience on both the giving and receiving ends.

Well, whatever takes your fancy.

What you do behind closed doors is your business...

I'll demonstrate at Death-con 1.

TH, a bottle of Meths and a Match should do the trick.

I'll make sure I turn up dressed exactly like my new avatar.

We could meet at a George Melly gig!

I'll make sure I turn up dressed exactly like my new avatar.

I think you'll still encounter the problem of needing to avoid open flames, albeit for slightly different reasons.

Omigod!

I've just had the best idea about where we should hold DL-Con 1.

Given recent events, it makes more sense than the Crucible.

DL Con 1. If I build it will they come??

Chump what I am, I'm going to try and organise a convention of sorts, or at the very least a night on the lash. If you reckon you're hard enough, feel free to PM me re a meet-up in August or Sept in the Greater London area. I know it probably ain't gonna happen, but we'll see, eh. I'm sure the Committee will look more kindly on your 2008 suggestions if you deliver them in person....

And if anyone makes it from foreign climes they'll get a special DL cheque book and pen.

DL Con 1. If I build it they will come??

Chump what I am, I'm going to try and organise a convention of sorts, or at the very least a night on the lash. If you reckon you're hard enough, feel free to PM me re a meet-up in August or Sept in the Greater London area. I know it probably ain't gonna happen, but we'll see, eh. I'm sure the Committee will look more kindly on your 2008 suggestions if you deliver them in person....

And if anyone makes it from foreign climes they'll get a special DL cheque book and pen.

September could be good for me.

PS: You are no chump.

I am deffo up for this, despite appearances I don't spend every waking second in Maryport, more a sort of roving ambassador of sperm, or summat. So London, late summer/ autumn, weekendish, could well be a goer. Is Iain coming?

DL Con 1. If I build it they will come??

If you build it I will come.

For the ladies and gentleman of this big family I will be the architect. But I won't attend.

For the ladies and gentleman of this big family I will be the architect. But I won't attend.

So BS who is the Gentleman? Me surely...

Can we have it in Scotland please?

Second half of August for preference.

this defo gonna be a weekend? hard for me to get weekends off. but its anywhere south of London, count me in.

Can we have it in Scotland please?

Second half of August for preference.

That might suit me, around the 28th only though

It's great my idea has been ressurected!!

Any weekend after the 21st of August would be good.