Saint Peter

Death List Convention

Guest Doubting Thomas
It's great my idea has been ressurected!!

Any weekend after the 21st of August would be good.

As I know from your first epistle to the Corinthians, St P, you've always been into resurrections

As I know from your first epistle to the Corinthians, St P, you've always been into resurrections

That was pretty funny. I don't why you felt the need to hide as a guest to post that.

Wasn't that St. Paul?

St. Peter was the guy with the boat. I know cos I went to his church as a kid. Victoria Road. It's flats now. Don't know what happened to the boat.

I still have the baptismal certificate if that's any help.

No they called him Doubting Thomas for a reason. He also wanted to touch the wounds of Jesus.

The term is based on the Biblical account of Thomas the Apostle, who doubted the resurrection of Jesus and demanded to feel Jesus' wounds before being convinced (John 20:24-29). After seeing Jesus alive and receiving the opportunity to touch his wounds — according to the author of the Gospel of John — Thomas professed his faith in Jesus; on this account he is also called Thomas the Believer.

Can we have it in Scotland please?

Second half of August for preference.

That might suit me, around the 28th only though

Suits me and scsi too. That's 4 definites for Scotland at the end of August then 'arry, 5 if Yogi comes, plus I'm sure we can *ahem* 'persuade' Windsor :blink: .

Can we have it in Scotland please?

Second half of August for preference.

Suits me and scsi too. That's 4 definites for Scotland at the end of August then 'arry, 5 if Yogi comes, plus I'm sure we can *ahem* 'persuade' Windsor :blink: .

It's clear you'll have to hold an alternative shindig up there. I'll try and set up a videolink.

It's clear you'll have to hold an alternative shindig up there. I'll try and set up a videolink.

The 28th is no good for me. The week before would be fine.

I can officially declare that the Second Unofficial DL Get-Together occurred yesterday.

I can confirm that it took place, as I was there. I shan't name the other attendees, lest they wish to remain Unnamed, though I can state categorically that I myself was definitely present. Various beverages were consumed whilst thoroughly enjoyable chat transpired.

NB: This wasn’t a Get-Together of one. I swear! To prove it, here’s a piccie I took of one of the other attendees as we were sitting down to dine:

Irrefutable Proof

I can officially declare that the Second Unofficial DL Get-Together occurred yesterday.

I can confirm that it took place, as I was there. I shan't name the other attendees, lest they wish to remain Unnamed, though I can state categorically that I myself was definitely present. Various beverages were consumed whilst thoroughly enjoyable chat transpired.

NB: This wasn’t a Get-Together of one. I swear! To prove it, here’s a piccie I took of one of the other attendees as we were sitting down to dine:

Irrefutable Proof

Aye, and here's one of the others...

michael_j_fox_150.jpg

The third member of the coven is simply indescribable :)

Irrefutable Proof

So Al Molinaro was at the club\bar you happened to attend? (Doubt it, doubt it) I think ie had way to much to drink. What the hell would he be doing in London? I don't believe it. Unless your saying one of our posters has looks like Al Molinaro!! Uh O! Don't tell me.

I think the look alike of Michael J Fox (if it is anybody) would be Cowboy Ronnie. Only I don't think he has Parkinson's disease. (Or at least I hope not)

Irrefutable Proof

If all the speculation about deathlisters and their alleged alter egos is in fact true, then blimey,there are only three actual members.three_blind_mice.gif Left to right, Star Crossed, Tempus Fugit and Bruno Brimley.

Irrefutable Proof

So how are Queenie and Matt Busby Airlines these days then?

So how are Queenie and Matt Busby Airlines these days then?

As if. :)

Ahem.

Game on. A time and a date of 2pm on Saturday 3rd November (put it in your Psions and BlackCurrants right away) has been provisionally decided upon but the venue hasn't, though sadly for our northern brethren it will be in London, ideally somewhere with decent transport links. A salmon mousse picnic in Highgate cemetery would be appropriate but impractical for late autumn.

When we've sorted out a gaff I'll PM interested parties (anyone I haven't spoken with and has an interest in coming, please get in touch) rather than post it here, on the slight off-chance that people like this and this pop along to lower the tone. Us members can lower the tone perfectly well by ourselves.

(STOP PRESS: my agent tells me there's a bidding war going on between OK! and Hello! for exclusive picture rights, so I'm afraid it looks like all cameraphones will have to be left at the door).

I'm not interested in any conventions or meetings.

I am not that sociable.

Besides, what's wrong with DL chat?

Ahem.

Game on. A time and a date of 2pm on Saturday 3rd November (put it in your Psions and BlackCurrants right away) has been provisionally decided upon but the venue hasn't, though sadly for our northern brethren it will be in London, ideally somewhere with decent transport links. A salmon mousse picnic in Highgate cemetery would be appropriate but impractical for late autumn.

When we've sorted out a gaff I'll PM interested parties (anyone I haven't spoken with and has an interest in coming, please get in touch) rather than post it here, on the slight off-chance that people like this and this pop along to lower the tone. Us members can lower the tone perfectly well by ourselves.

(STOP PRESS: my agent tells me there's a bidding war going on between OK! and Hello! for exclusive picture rights, so I'm afraid it looks like all cameraphones will have to be left at the door).

This looks very exciting. If its held in London, I wonder if you could avoid the Twickenham area. I am excluded from a zone around a certain house there. I had a good military friend, a General Belgrano I recall, who came a cropper for ignoring these zones.

May I proffer somewhere in the Fulham area? Reading are playing at Craven Cottage that day :P

A Joint DL convention booze-up & a footy match booze-up would suit me right down to the ground. :)

OK - now all I have to do is figure out how to get $700 for the airfare and another $500 or so for sundries....unless I can bunk up with someone? ;)

Damn. Forgot the bribery fee to get the time off from work.

Oh well. Maybe if I hadn't bought that damn TV for hubby's birthday.....

More yays than nays in the Grendel household at the moment, looks like we should make it, how kind of you to arrange a party on the weekend of our 5th wedding anniversary 'arry ;) . My parents will (hopefully) be roped in to babysit Yogi for the weekend, my younger brother will provide a bed/floor (bed is a futon but the floor is comfier!) in South Wimbledon and a neighbour will feed the fish, what more could we ask for.............a winning lottery ticket would be nice, oh right you need to do the lottery first, oh well...............

Look out for us at the bar I'll be the short one in the high heeled boots and scsi will be the tall one in the 'I want to kill The Yanker' T-shirt.

OK - now all I have to do is figure out how to get $700 for the airfare and another $500 or so for sundries....unless I can bunk up with someone? ;)

Damn. Forgot the bribery fee to get the time off from work.

Oh well. Maybe if I hadn't bought that damn TV for hubby's birthday.....

Can offer you a bit of floor in my brothers flat, or you could sleep in the bath??? No pets there though CA, so sadly a totally dog free weekend.

Sorry i ahven't been in the forum recently but sent e-mail to say that I would definetly be up for the deathlist convention.

Same as millwall32 just said; not been on here much recently but should be there for the get together...

Expect me to be full of my usual insights about potential celebrity deaths!

I won't be going because I like my face in the form it is now. I'm also perfectly happy with the number of teeth I currently have.

Is it really a good idea to have much of the deathlist elite at the same room at the same time? There could be some radical attempt to wipe you all out...

Oh go on Windsor. I will be there.

We could meet at a George Melly gig!

We'd have to get past St.Peter.